Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343, please at least tell us the release window

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
343 has been pretty much dead silent since the announcement that the game is delayed until sometime in 2021. We’ve now entered another content drought, and dude this 1 is brutal. We do know that there’s gonna be a high level update on the game in a few weeks, though we don’t that what that’ll entail. Something I really hope 343 does is tell us the release window. I hope they will put rumors and speculation to rest, and giving us an official window of when it’s releasing next year. I honestly feel like this will be a number of fans at ease. 343, please at least tell us the release window of when Infinite is releasing.
343 has been pretty much dead silent since the announcement that the game is delayed until sometime in 2021. We’ve now entered another content drought, and dude this 1 is brutal. We do know that there’s gonna be a high level update on the game in a few weeks, though we don’t that what that’ll entail. Something I really hope 343 does is tell us the release window. I hope they will put rumors and speculation to rest, and giving us an official window of when it’s releasing next year. I honestly feel like this will be a number of fans at ease. 343, please at least tell us the release window of when Infinite is releasing.
I'd be willing to wager its Holiday '21. This high level update is going to be nothing more than broad strokes/very generalized overview. It would be easy enough for 343i to just tell everyone the release window is Holiday '21..it gives them ample time to create/fix what they're working on and as Phil Spencer said it would also give people time to get a Series X, It will then pit Halo against other big launches next holiday. We are likely going to experience a content drought until Spring/Summer if I had to guess. We may get very small, trickle-flow type of information between now and then; most likely through other partnerships similar to what we've been experiencing thus far. Content creators have pretty much said they are done with the game until something substantial that they can report comes up.
This would be a solid piece of information for them to prioritize giving us in their "high level update," that's slated to come out before the end of this year.

It's extremely important that they do the best they can (belatedly at this point) to reestablish some confidence from their prospective customers. Leaving key details like a new target release window to ambiguity and speculation for long periods of time is damaging to the image of the game and their plan for it.

If they can confirm outright that the community is in for a half or full year wait, that will do wonders to putting some semblance of certainty back into Infinite's prerelease period. It'll inform how much news and information we feel we need and at what pace, it will affect how we view what news we do receive and react to the marketing (or lack thereof) at any given point in time, etc.

When placeholders were showing up on retail sites for the release date a while back, Sk7ch said that they hadn't determined the new target release window.

That's not a good look; having delayed a massive game at the last minute (relatively speaking) and then not even having a set fallback date? One more reason that it looks from the outside like the delay was a surprise shakeup for 343i... And, it feels like it should go without saying, but having to announce that your product will not launch on time probably shouldn't ever come as a surprise to you, the producer. Still, with how dramatically confused and muddled the marketing around the game has been since the delay announcement 3+ months ago, now, I can't imagine that they truthfully had a solid contingency plan in place to maintain consumer confidence in the game. They've pretty much let the narrative and buzz run away from them and into all sorts of bleak places.

The "high level update," has a lot to address and reassure. Giving fans at least an idea of what fiscal quarter of '21 to expect the game in would be a good start. They're really not doing themselves any favors letting fan speculation rule the roost on this and many other details for Infinite.
There’s already been like 3 threads about this since the high level update was teased
Honestly I feel like they don't even know yet themselves. I hope they only give us a more barrow window when they feel confident in it. I think the update in coming weeks is gonna focus on the coating system, they need to clarify everything about that desperately.
It's going to be this time next year I'd say and it's for the best
I think they will release it in Spring/Summer of 2021, but that's just my prediction.
Honestly I feel like they don't even know yet themselves. I hope they only give us a more barrow window when they feel confident in it. I think the update in coming weeks is gonna focus on the coating system, they need to clarify everything about that desperately.
Dude, if they don't even know the release window at this point, they're beyond incompetent.
Dude, if they don't even know the release window at this point, they're beyond incompetent.
Would you be surprised though? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it even got delayed again. Might have another Cyberpunk on our hands. Usually when a game gets delayed they at least give a new window if not an exact date. Considering we still haven't heard anything beyond 2021... getting a bad feeling.
Would you be surprised though? At this point I wouldn't be surprised if it even got delayed again. Might have another Cyberpunk on our hands. Usually when a game gets delayed they at least give a new window if not an exact date. Considering we still haven't heard anything beyond 2021... getting a bad feeling.
Bruh, yeah I wouldn't be that surprised if they decide to push it even to 2022. Only difference between this and Cyberpunk is that CD Projekt Red is actually a competent developer.
Bruh, yeah I wouldn't be that surprised if they decide to push it even to 2022. Only difference between this and Cyberpunk is that CD Projekt Red is actually a competent developer.
Yeah with them you at least know you'll get a good game by the end of it, or at least can feel confident about it. 343i could delay the game to 2022 and who knows how it will be lol
guaranteed to release by 2022
I'm sure some have heard about the survey thing from Monster Energy and their promotion. February 22nd is what the survey mentioned, and Nabisco released their candy promotions exactly three months before February 22nd, which is usually what they do with game promotions AFAIK (three months prior and post-game's release)

343 mentioned a big update in the next couple of weeks on a Reddit comment. I'd say they're probably going to have either a multiplayer open beta release around Christmas soon with an official release date of February 22nd, or the multiplayer open beta will start on February 22nd with an official release a few months later.

Most of the game is done I bet. I think they're just needing a few extra months to work out the visuals, is all.
Fellow Spartans, who was the ones moaning about graphics on the reveal???? I could quite literally be playing the F2p MP right now....

If we just accept the game they will release it....

Stop complaining and I won't have to play h5 anymore
That’s? That’s paradoxical? You just counteracted yourself?
You can’t claim that one delay with an uncertain date is incompetent and follow it up with the company that said “When it’s ready” when asked about a game for decade and then delayed it 3 times in one year.

CD Projekt Red by your own definition is incompetent, they’ve only had an actual release window for a couple weeks!

Stick with your opinion about 343 and the game, I can’t blame you for that. Honestly I agree, It’s been a mess since the gameplay trailer. But pretending that CDPR are better for doing the same thing is ridiculous, neither company is incompetent.
Sharck8561 wrote:
I'm sure some have heard about the survey thing from Monster Energy and their promotion. February 22nd is what the survey mentioned, and Nabisco released their candy promotions exactly three months before February 22nd, which is usually what they do with game promotions AFAIK (three months prior and post-game's release)

343 mentioned a big update in the next couple of weeks on a Reddit comment. I'd say they're probably going to have either a multiplayer open beta release around Christmas soon with an official release date of February 22nd, or the multiplayer open beta will start on February 22nd with an official release a few months later.

Most of the game is done I bet. I think they're just needing a few extra months to work out the visuals, is all.
My birthday is around that time so it would be awesome to have Infinite out by then... but with how the game looked and the departure of key staff (plus Staten reappearing in an 'advisory' role) and the poor feedback to the gameplay reveal makes me feel like it isn't coming out anytime in the first quarter of 2021. Maaaaybe second quarter, but like the others I think it's pretty safe to say it got delayed by a full year, which would both give it a surplus of time to make sure the game is good and finished, and also means it'll be just in time for the 20th anniversary for CE. It sucks, but at least the game isn't canned.
I'm not even sure if 343 even has one finalized. But they have acknowledged their silence and since they want to talk more before the year is up, I'm sure they'll surprise us. Some word going around hints they're looking at around March 2021, but as a rumor, take it very lightly since another said Fall 2021.
November 15th, 2021. If it's going to be a fall release anyway, it'll be a golden opportunity to release the 'spiritual reboot' on Halo's 20th anniversary.
Sharck8561 wrote:

My birthday is around that time so it would be awesome to have Infinite out by then... but with how the game looked and the departure of key staff (plus Staten reappearing in an 'advisory' role) and the poor feedback to the gameplay reveal makes me feel like it isn't coming out anytime in the first quarter of 2021. Maaaaybe second quarter, but like the others I think it's pretty safe to say it got delayed by a full year, which would both give it a surplus of time to make sure the game is good and finished, and also means it'll be just in time for the 20th anniversary for CE. It sucks, but at least the game isn't canned.
Like I said, most of the key gameplay and story is done. I believe they only delayed the game because of complaints about visuals, so I think the only reason it was delayed was because they wanted to make things look nicer.
It is sad they lost key members recently, but it wouldn't really make a difference if all that was left to do was ramp up visuals (which wouldn't take long considering their artists and budget).
the later the better imo looks like it needed to bake longer
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2