Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] 343 selling out

OP FrostBurn26

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I mean, in the books it is mentioned quite often how it is impossible to tell the difference between a male and female spartan. And it has been that way in the books for over 20 years now. Cutting out suicide doesn't matter, who cares? As for color, most people played red vs. blue game modes anyway so you never got to see colors in the first place. These things are non issues man, sorry not sorry.
the coating system is bad but the rest of your post is tilting at windmills
the rest of the post is just reeking of some person with too much time on their hands, literally complaining that spartans can look the way you want and not have to worry about constraints on how they should look? oh no people with different body types! oohhhh nooooo, watch out the buff woman with a 2 billion dollar cybernetics and body implants has a slighter bigger build than the other spartan

literally find help
I mean, in the books it is mentioned quite often how it is impossible to tell the difference between a male and female spartan. And it has been that way in the books for over 20 years now.
The books have never mattered when it comes to the games. The two bodytypes in Reach, 4 and 5 were far more inclusive and varied in terms of player expression than the three bodytype options in Infinite. What 343i have given us are three indistinct shades of the same thing, you can't tell what other people have picked for their bodytype without inspecting them up close for several seconds, and even then it's difficult to tell.

The way the MCC updated Reach so that male and female bodies could be used with either the male or female voice was the right way to handle this sort of thing.
Just remember microsoft is the one making the final decision not just 343 if we want change that affects there profits like the armor Colors we need to ask tham and being polite well help a lot more getting your point across. 😀
I don't get how they are selling out. They are make a F2P game therefore made this model. That's not selling out. They are business at the end of the day.
Shotgunky wrote:
I mean, in the books it is mentioned quite often how it is impossible to tell the difference between a male and female spartan. And it has been that way in the books for over 20 years now.
The books have never mattered when it comes to the games. The two bodytypes in Reach, 4 and 5 were far more inclusive and varied in terms of player expression than the three bodytype options in Infinite. What 343i have given us are three indistinct shades of the same thing, you can't tell what other people have picked for their bodytype without inspecting them up close for several seconds, and even then it's difficult to tell.

The way the MCC updated Reach so that male and female bodies could be used with either the male or female voice was the right way to handle this sort of thing.
I can see where you are coming from regarding the bodies, but I honestly think it's just a non issue. You have no reason to believe me, but i regularly play with a few female friends, and a trans person, and they all are totally fine with the non descript body types. As for the voices, I do agree that we should be able to select our own voices, and MCC did a good job with that one.
What a crying post
Shotgunky wrote:

I can see where you are coming from regarding the bodies, but I honestly think it's just a non issue. You have no reason to believe me, but i regularly play with a few female friends, and a trans person, and they all are totally fine with the non descript body types. As for the voices, I do agree that we should be able to select our own voices, and MCC did a good job with that one.
I mean that's your experience and it's perfectly valid to have, but myself and my friend group, which also includes a trans person, find the new options very disappointing in terms of player expression. I've always felt more comfortable playing as female Spartans, and female characters in video games/tabletops overall.
What a crying post
Ikr, there was like one valid point argument in here and even then it can still be argued.
JoeySTRIKE wrote:
What a crying post
Ikr, there was like one valid point argument in here and even then it can still be argued.
It is a bit late with this post, but I think that when someone publishes this type of comment that does not contribute anything and only seeks to complain, I think it would be best to ignore it.
Shotgunky wrote:
Shotgunky wrote:

I mean that's your experience and it's perfectly valid to have, but myself and my friend group, which also includes a trans person, find the new options very disappointing in terms of player expression. I've always felt more comfortable playing as female Spartans, and female characters in video games/tabletops overall.
In that case, hopefully you can get the proper options you want at some point.
I read this and checked out the body type options… - hahaha what was the point in putting that in the game.
Lol what even is this post.
Pathetic
You’re using the coatings that are already being argued about, for or against, in multiple threads on the forum, to then move into a rant that reeks of barely disguised “Y’all sold out and got woke!” chud culture-war rhetoric. It’s non-contributive and trying to rile people up.