Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343 should add SOME weapons from 4/5 into infinite

OP indiancanadian2

Some of 343s original weapons are actually pretty cool, and i want them to stay and return to halo infinite.

4/5 Saw (Light machine gun)
4 sticky detonater
5 Plasma caster.

Halo infinite is being marketed as a long term investment by the developers. By adding in weapons from the past games. The fanbase can be excited and invested throughout the cycle.

But please, release the game with classic designs first. Then add new weapons after that. (Shotgun, magnum)
The railgun is easily my favorite weapon in 5. I'd hate to see it go.
Some of 343s original weapons are actually pretty cool, and i want them to stay and return to halo infinite.

4 sticky detonater
5 Plasma caster.

Halo infinite is being marketed as a long term investment by the developers. By adding in weapons from the past games. The fanbase can be excited and invested throughout the cycle.

But please, release the game with classic designs first. Then add new weapons after that. (Shotgun, magnum)
But why the SAW?, it's just a better AR with a super low skill ceiling

4 sticky detonater
5 Plasma caster.

The SAW makes sense in halo as a military scifi shooter.

The saw is a lmg, every marine squad should have one. 60% of a infantry squad's firepower is from lmgs. And i think the SAW scratches an itch between an ar that suffers mid range, to the chaingun turrets that are slow and clunky.
Imagine seeing marine squad getting pinned by the banished, just so the master chief can come in, prop up behind some rubble. And start lighting those aliens up like a machine gunner on D-day.

4 sticky detonater
5 Plasma caster.

The SAW makes sense in halo as a military scifi shooter.

The saw is a lmg, every marine squad should have one. 60% of a infantry squad's firepower is from lmgs. And i think the SAW scratches an itch between an ar that suffers mid range, to the chaingun turrets that are slow and clunky.
Imagine seeing marine squad getting pinned by the banished, just so the master chief can come in, prop up behind some rubble. And start lighting those aliens up like a machine gunner on D-day.
Sounds too COD, if anything the SAW should be close range shredder and medium range suppression only so that the AR can function as a proper weapon
I hope the plasma caster comes back. That weapon is really fun to use.
As far as I've seen, I think some people have pointed out a design that looks like a redesigned Hydra Launcher, so if suspicions are correct then we are at least getting some of the new additions from 343's games, which I actually like. While the Hydra doesn't seem to relevant, I always liked it as a power weapon.

As for my hopes, I hope the Plasma Caster or some form of it comes back as well. Of the weapon ideas 343 has had, the Plasma Caster is definitely one of my favorites as an answer to a Grenade Launcher.
Halo 5 has an awesome weapon sandbox and Big Team Super Fiesta is insanely fun for this reason, so I'd totally be on board!
Yesss Halo 4's Sticky Det and Railgun
Sticky Detonator, Railgun, and Plasma Caster would be nice to have back. I'd like them to redesign the SAW a bit, though.
Railgun
Hydra
Sticky Detonator
Light Rifle
Saw
Railgun
Sticky Denoator

Maybe promtheon weapons since they improved them in halo 5 but lock in made weapons a bit too easy so I wouldn't mind them re trying them but improve them.
Yes, all of them.
Storm Rifle, Railgun, and the Lightrifle.