Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343i's Golden ticket.

OP Battle

After hashing the different opinions out on these forums, I've come to the conclusion 343i is missing out on a golden oppertunity. The fanbase for Halo has a large range. I think they could take advantage of that and increase sales for the company. They could just make multiple games. a Modern Halo and a Classic Halo they could even tell the same story from two different perspectives like HCE and Fireteam Raven. Of course some people would buy one game over the other but I believe a lot of people would buy both. Each game would have everything the community loves in there own way, and the shareholders would have what they love, more money.
One of the benefits 343i would get from this would be they would save money on assets. They would use the same writers, concept artists and in game assests. They could use the same game engines so the games are similar for the people that buy both games.
As far as who the main protaganist would be I'd be fine with the classic getting the Chief, as long as the Modern got an empty shell like Chief and Noble 6. Not Locke and Osiris.
I'd even go for a Halo Wars 3 and a 3rd person Stealth game or RPG like mass effect with SPI camo armor. I get that the costs for making these more diverse games would increase. There`are tons of story ideas for the Halo universe on Fan-fiction sites the profession writers could get ideas from.
I'm the kinda Fanboy that reads all the extented fiction and buys the legendary editions of the games. I'm a $pender, 343i could make more money by hiring another company to use there assests and make games. Just like the Assasins Creed developers. A new game every year might saturate the market like CoD but if the games differed from 1st person to 3rd to RTS to RPG, I think it would stay fresh with the different gameplay and story lines.
Cha-Ching. $$$
I don't think this could work. Halo has always had a longer development cycle than some other AAA franchises (Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, etc) Consumers are used to waiting for an average of 3 years for a new title, with comics and novels to satisfy their content needs. Halo games also release post launch content until the next game comes along. To muck this up with making a game every year just to satisfy everyone is not a good idea. You cannot please everyone and to try it like you are proposing just seems very shady and insulting to me. "Oh, you did not like Halo Infinite, just play Halo Infinite 2.0 and then you can be happy even though you are just buying the exact same game but you cannot (insert game mechanic here)" I see good intentions behind this, but I don't think we should encourage Microsoft to turn Halo into a big cash cow. It will just split a community on the verge of Star Wars level split. (No idea if that sentence made sense)
From what I gathered 343i has been hiring and is “testing” branching off.
So currently I believe that there is;
- a team of roughly 30 people that are working MCC.
- the main team working on Halo Infinite and the slipspace engine (guessing 50 to a few hundred)
- the Halo 5 live/support team that is bug patching and live streaming. (I’m guessing 5-6)
- the halo wars 2 support team ( I’m guessing 2-3 after CA moved on)
(talks and rumors of a pc halo)

To tie this back together to the OP. I could see the MCC team to move onto their own main title team and create Halo SideStories like ODST and Reach. 343i could hire a new team to make PC halo games/ports.

Realistically i dont think 343i is going to split off more than what they have. I think after the MCC team and the support teams are finished, those employees will be absorbed into the main halo team. Halo and Xbox isn’t racking in enough money nor popularity to justify hiring a new company to make halo games. Even worse if 343i were to split their workers in half to make two different titles under staffed, that’s just asking for a long series of broken games.

imo their “Golden ticket” would be making Halo Infinite the best halo game with our current resources and technology.
it most certainly would not save money on assets. sure they keep the same story, art, etc but you still have to pay for people to game the gameplay, and if it is 2 perspectives like you mentioned, paying level designers for the other game. they'd be paying more than what it would take to make 1 game even if they aren't paying as much as it would to be 2 full stand alone games.
I don't think literally dividing the community will be good for Halo, 343i needs to put out a game with a unifying vision. Halo's identity is much more than just movement mechanics, and that is what 343i really needs to focus on to make a Halo game that almost all Halo fans, new and old, can enjoy to some degree.
I don't think literally dividing the community will be good for Halo, 343i needs to put out a game with a unifying vision. Halo's identity is much more than just movement mechanics, and that is what 343i really needs to focus on to make a Halo game that almost all Halo fans, new and old, can enjoy to some degree.
Yes, that is exactly what is needed.
They -Yoinking!- better not do that.
Sorry but Halo isn't Pokemon.