Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343i unable to guarantee promotional codes

OP dicemaze

So a couple community updates ago, we were told that starting Nov 9th, **any** Xbox or Halo item purchased at GameStop would get us the redshift armor coating.
Well, I bought my Xbox Series X at GameStop on launch day and didn’t get a code. When I asked the guy at the store, who happened to be the store leader, he hadn’t heard of the promotion at all, even after I showed him the blurb on Halo Waypoint. Mildly disappointed, I left without the code.

I went online, and there were plenty of people here on Waypoint and on Reddit stating they didn’t receive the code around Nov 10th, and it wasn’t until later that people starting getting it.
Fast forward to this latest community update where they basically tell us “oh yeah it didn’t start on time” without so much as telling us when it actually started, how those of us who bought something in the previously specified time could get the code we were promised, or even apologizing for the lack of communication to those of us left without a code.

343, answer me this. Why would I ever spend money to take part in a future halo promotion again if you very well might not give me the code you promised?

I am very disappointed in 343i right now and really wished Unyshek was able to provide those of us who felt a bit cheated more info in this community update.

tl;dr: 343i left several GameStop customers out in the cold by not giving us the Redshift codes we were promised despite us buying the specified products during the previously specified promotional period. this may be an indicator that 343 is unable to follow through with other advertised promotions.
Just a quick question:
Can you provide any proof, that this mess is without any doubt the fault of 343i instead of ... you know ...
Gamestop messing it up by not telling its stores that this promotion is going on?

If not, please refrain from spreading fake news and illegitimate claims like these.
It just provides a toxic atmosphere and doesn't have any discussion value, really.
** Here’s an actual update for everyone **

I just left my local GameStop where I preorder everything. The manager and I are very close. Until today, he had no idea about the promotion. I picked up 2 Funko Pops, the Halo Infinite Master Chief with MA40 Assault Rifle and the GameStop Exclusive Mark VII Spartan with Shock Rifle. I had him print them out on separate receipts. Both items came with the instructions to redeem the code and the code itself was under it. All of the information will show underneath the barcode at the middle/bottom of your receipt.
** Here’s an actual update for everyone **

I just left my local GameStop where I preorder everything. The manager and I are very close. Until today, he had no idea about the promotion. I picked up 2 Funko Pops, the Halo Infinite Master Chief with MA40 Assault Rifle and the GameStop Exclusive Mark VII Spartan with Shock Rifle. I had him print them out on separate receipts. Both items came with the instructions to redeem the code and the code itself was under it. All of the information will show underneath the barcode at the middle/bottom of your receipt.
I'm going to have to go up there tomorrow and check it out. if not feel free to shoot one of those codes this way ;)