Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

343i will never be able to satisfy everyone

OP Slickini

To be perfectly honest, I knew they were not going to show any gameplay this e3... I mean how can you expect that? Every Halo that has been announced has done that; a teaser then the YEAR the game gets released, we get some gameplay at e3 and Halo Infinite is no exception. In fact, we didn't get any date last year, so it is obviously a given 343i wouldn't show gameplay this year. Yet, some people are disappointed for literally no reasons. The game is far from being completed. We could even get a beta this fall just like Halo 5. I really appreciate the tech demo they shown us because we get to see the Art style direction and Master Chief's redesign, and I absolutely love the armor. Yes, there are a few changes that should be considered like the removal of the unnecessary "117" text marked onto his chest, the armor's plastic feel and the color saturation. Then yeah obviously there are some people that are very unhappy. cArToOnY anD uGlY... Really? So what do you think of Halo 1? We've been asking to bring Halo back to its roots since Halo 4 - I was even against that - and we finally got it. But people still find a way to complain over small stuff.. I think you get the point already.. No matter what 343i does, they will never satisfy everybody.
it really seems a lot of people who hate the new style are people who joined during 4 and 5. But there is no doubt some og fans who would think otherwise as well. tbh, i love this new direction, the art style is fantastic and if its going to follow halo wars 2's art style its gonna be good. it has great potential, but gameplay would be nice. i hope 343 keep their promise of listening to the fans during development which it seems they've already started
It's weird. People got so excited for the old artstyle to come back now people are complaining about it looking too "cartoony" or "ugly". I think the graphics look fine and remind me of H2 Anniversary.
I didn't expect gameplay, because as you said, it wouldn't fit the trend. However, I did expect someone to come onto the stage and talk a little about the game. It'll soon be four years since Halo 5, and while I certainly don't want them to rush, I think it would have been more beneficial to Halo to put some more attention on the game. Get people that aren't talking about Halo, talking about it again. Maybe this'll be the case next year, as they'll certainly show gameplay by then (six months before release).

You're certainly right though. Art style seems something a compromise can be met on, because of the general consensus that Halo Wars 2 was pretty close. The over exposed lighting seemed to be the issue with the latest trailer, which would explain the bright green armour. Relatively easy fix though. But when it comes to the gameplay mechanics...They'll have made a choice between sprint or not. And since some only like one of the two, then others will be disappointed.
Thank you. Suddenly a ton of people have come out of the woodworks to attack Infinite. “I want Infinite to be my way and my way only!” Honestly I just want those people to leave. They complain about how Halo 5’s T rating drew in kids yet they are the kids.

It should be remembered that a lot of Halo 2 fans hated Halo 3, yet it turned out to be even more successful than Halo 2. This is just how it goes. This is a period where the people who live in a fantasy world must decide whether to buy the game or leave. Do these people know how democracy works?
I'm glad someone said it.
I just want playable Elites what aren't a hunchback or have pegs for toes.
To be fair neither did Bungie (Halo Reach anyone).

I think everyone at E3 wanted to see some gameplay (even if it might not be reflective of the final product) but the fact that there was no game play and a release date next year is making people wonder what state the game will be in come that release date. There is an unsettling trend of launched games being devoid of content and even so buggy it is broke, then after dozens of patches (sometimes larger than the game itself) it is fixed and the content is added.
The Halo fanbase is composed of crybabies that are evenly split and equally intense in their desire for new armor vs old armor.
Thank you. Suddenly a ton of people have come out of the woodworks to attack Infinite. “I want Infinite to be my way and my way only!” Honestly I just want those people to leave. They complain about how Halo 5’s T rating drew in kids yet they are the kids.

It should be remembered that a lot of Halo 2 fans hated Halo 3, yet it turned out to be even more successful than Halo 2. This is just how it goes. This is a period where the people who live in a fantasy world must decide whether to buy the game or leave. Do these people know how democracy works?
Couldn’t have said it better myself.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post inappropriate content.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think the complaints aren't about the art style direction and the look of chiefs new amor. I think peoples gripes come down to color/saturation and little nitpicks like that. The vast majority of players love the new artstyle direction
I totally expected gameplay. Sure, I'm a little disappointed. I'm thrilled with what we saw, but I do feel a little like I'm missing something. It has been a year since we got our announcement trailer. Every other Halo announcement trailer was followed by gameplay a year later. I'm not complaining though. Hell, I've already watched Discover Hope four times now!
Yeah, they'll never be able to satisfy everyone. But I'd rather them stick to what made Halo... Halo then just keep chasing the latest trends and trying to change everything. When it comes to art style, the complaints were heard. We tried the new, now it's time to look back for inspiration; actually go back to the roots.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I really don't even understand how ppl call the discover hope trailer armor plasticky.... at the very least its less plasticky than h5/h4 multiplayer armor… personally I really have much greater hopes and expectations for infinite especially after this new trailer