Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

360 analog support for PC keyboard and mouse play

OP Jaspos1999

Hi all

I currently use an Azeron keypad (https://www.azeron.eu/) and mouse to play Halo (and other games).

The Azeron, like a few other keypads, has a thumbstick we can use for movement. The thumbstick is set up to work for full 360 analog control - but Halo only allows analog sticks if playing with a controller - on the keypad I have to set up the stick for simple WASD. Lots of other games these days allow analog input with KB and mouse, but not Halo.

I wonder if any other players would be keen on this in Halo, and if it is something we can push for (either as an update in MCC, or perhaps introduced in Infinite).

(I appreciate it is currently not allowed as they don't want controller users using a mouse to get better aiming, but this is not what is happening here!)

FYI there's a pretty active Discord server for Azeron users that are keen on this kind of thing, be great if we can get some traction with some hardcode Halo players on here!
I with you, I Just got my Azeron Gamepad and just ran into this issue.

Hella pisses me off I bought a $250 gamepad and one of the most played games doesn't support it. What kind of half--Yoink- programmers do they have working there?

I will also add after all the people that do not understand that this limitation was intentionally implemented to keep controller players from using mouse and keyboard at the same time. It is not blocking the Azeron directly its targeting ANY device. It forces you to choose either or. When they don't have to implement it in such a lazy method.

One way:
They could just restrict hybrid input users to mouse and keyboard servers. problem solved

Another way:
Only let them use hybrid input in campaign and co-op.

I'm sure there are other better ways than a hard block for what is a biased act.

I can prove it! TRY TO USE YOUR MOUSE TO AIM AND YOUR XBOX CONTROLLER TO MOVE The game won't let you but other games will...
Anarex929 wrote:
What kind of half--Yoink- programmers do they have working there?
Yep, they should cancel their lunch break and do the appropriate code changes right now. And just release the update right now - don't be wasting time with any quality assurance type stuff. The rest of the users be damned.
More options the better. If 343 can add in support for this incredibly niche product that I’ve never heard of, then I don’t see why not. They’re doing it for ultra-wide monitors.

At the same time, if Azeron has a product which doesn’t follow industry input standards (like M/KB or X-input) that’s not really the game developers problem. They need to provide a means to get their hardware to work with industry software.
Darwi wrote:
Anarex929 wrote:
What kind of half--Yoink- programmers do they have working there?
Yep, they should cancel their lunch break and do the appropriate code changes right now. And just release the update right now - don't be wasting time with any quality assurance type stuff. The rest of the users be damned.
You know what I mean, don't be a child or a troll. How about being constructive instead of sarcastic and pointless.

They could have allowed it in single-player and co-op only I think we all can live with that arrangement till something better is thought of.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Anarex929 wrote:
More options the better. If 343 can add in support for this incredibly niche product that I’ve never heard of, then I don’t see why not. They’re doing it for ultra-wide monitors.

At the same time, if Azeron has a product which doesn’t follow industry input standards (like M/KB or X-input) that’s not really the game developers problem. They need to provide a means to get their hardware to work with industry software.
It does follow industry standers and also can make its self show up as an Xbox controller to increase native compatibility if you would of look it up before making assumptions that you would have known if you read my comments better.

Here's the manual so you can do that learning thing you always heard of but never got around to using that tool.
look under compatibility would be a good start.
https://www.azeron.eu/manual/

Since you don't know anything about anything how about stick to painting by numbers and let the adults talk. And this issue has been affecting other players that use another controller/mouse hybrid control methods for YEARS and it affects them as well.

You would know that with a 5min duckduckgo.com search on this topic and youtube videos on it for those that can't read well. But like you said you don't know -Yoink-.

And if this was a new issue why would they have had this limitation encoded only on PC. It's because people have been using these setups for years. Don't you think the controller crowd would get pissed that non-controller players were able to get into one of their games but with the advantages of a mouse against controller noobs?

A little deductive reasoning goes a long way. Think before you drool. Maybe show some intelligence you know going from A to C and skipping B. That sort of thing...

Besides if EPIC games can code compatibility for a product you never heard of for FORTNIGHT (ever hear of that product oh great know nothing) then maybe its not such a stretch for HALO MCC that runs on the SAME ENGINE getting some compatibility?

Besides us forward-thinking people that can evolve past controllers or keyboards and take the best from both and make something better don't want to cheat in Halo, we only want to play in Mouse and keyboard servers anyway.
Jeez. Hiding in this roller coaster of a reply is actually a good response.

I want to say thanks but you really went about the worst possible way to explain the thing to me.