Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

A Idea for either halo 5 or infinite or both.

OP LeeryUncles

So this iDEA i HAVE IN MIND WAS LIKE A Game mode for either halo 5, or halo infinite or both since like I know not a lot of people like myself wasn't liking warzone normal mode, but what if in this game mode was like Warzone Invasion types with good objective base in it not like you know fight bases like king of the hill style but a actual better one, So I will pitch in a couple ideas to try to sell the cake.

First one is like a CTF style where it would take place on a forerunner installation like the library where two teams have to fight there way through lots of flood (which I'm thinking you could have it as ai or option to player as players where they can infect either which that be a mix between ctf and infection in one) and sentials to reach to the center of the library to retrieve the index. So like the one team is UNSC trying to retrieve the index to keep it from the other team from using to wipe out all life on the galaxy, and the other team if elites do come back be the covenant where they try to retrieve the index to light the rings for the great journey. Now heres the catch once they retrieve the they have to get back out the way they came andd another twist is that some of the paths you came from may get closed off and you have to find another route and still fight flood and sentinels and of course the covenant players and if you get to like the only door that lock and the door that behind you that lock you have to defend the positison till the door opens so they can continue to find there exit and when they get to the extraction point the team with the index wins (If players one happen for flood then if both team get infect by the flood players basically the flood wins) Thois is basically like a retro mode of halo ce and 2 mode with the library.

Second one being like a halo 3 ODST reference objective mission from invasion from halo reach but the defender team humans has to defend in a few stages with vehicles and weapons from the covenant as the humans have to defend Office of Naval Intelligence in New mombasa at the raly point and the covenant player would be drop off by phantoms or spirits with covenant Ai helping them to the obj. points and if they claim the obj points the humans would have to fally back to the front of the bridge trying to prevent them from the tunnel and if make it near to the end of the tunnel they would have to fall back across the bridge to blow it up. Then the next stage gets really challenging The humans would have to defend oni court yard and for a certain time till air support arrives to blow up the transport ships from the covenant. But if the covenant team destroy the humans hold on oni courtyard the humans would have to fall back to the final point which is inside oni and if they hold out till air support arrives they win and if they lose the covenant wins oni.

There was a third Idea and that was to like have like space battle scenios like one of them was like halo reach which this could be a idea for infinite if this happens but like have space to space combat where reach had 2 obj for space to space combat so it P+EvP+E in 2 sides of offense/defense where first stage covenant fighters have to assualt anchor 9 where the Unsc have to protect it till it defense comes up and if the defense doesn't come up and pound by the covenant team anchor 9 gets destroyed but if anchor nine survives by getting it defense up the assault team loses and get put as defend team for there corvette as the humans have to disable it engines and the defend team has to protect it till either it slipspace away from the battle or till back up ships arrive. But if the human team has the corvette engines shot to disable the engines the mac station or unsc ships just mac the heck out of it to blow it up, fighter choice for unsc are longsword though they have no shield, sabers, or broadswords which both have shields, and covenant being the classic model banshee with no shields, the newer banshee, and serphas which both have shields.

What do you guys/gals think? Do you see like of potentials and really good Ideas for these modes to give it a try in either both games and the time and effort in the game, cause it like the quotes from a halo 2 dev Jaime Griesemer. "And so you can have all the great graphics and all the different characters and lots of different weapons with amazing effects. But if you don't nail that 30 seconds, you're not gonna have a great game" Which I'm just throwing out the idea that would be really good and would nail that 30 seconds to make it a great game. Whats your thoughts bout it
I like your ideas, especially the first one. Battling in to get an important object, or kill an important target (or both) and then fighting your way out sounds like fun.

It also kinda sounds like Warzone or Invasion, which both have objectives of capturing areas and pressing deeper into enemy territory once you've done so. Another idea could be something like how in Titanfall after the match ends you try to escape on a dropship. For example, destroying the core or completing the objective technically ends the match, but then fight your way to a pelican with limited time and one life before the place blows up.
I like your ideas, especially the first one. Battling in to get an important object, or kill an important target (or both) and then fighting your way out sounds like fun.

It also kinda sounds like Warzone or Invasion, which both have objectives of capturing areas and pressing deeper into enemy territory once you've done so. Another idea could be something like how in Titanfall after the match ends you try to escape on a dropship. For example, destroying the core or completing the objective technically ends the match, but then fight your way to a pelican with limited time and one life before the place blows up.
Thats a good Idea there, and basically mine like combining both warzone and invasion together to be called like warzone invasion or invasion warzone
I'd like it to basicially be like Halo 5 Forge and custom games but offline please. Custom game browser I'd like to see in return.
I would enjoy playing any of these game types :)
Glad you find the idea to be enjoyable to play I just hope it makes it way in to infinite though may take a lot of time to get it in lol
Glad you find the idea to be enjoyable to play I just hope it makes it way in to infinite though may take a lot of time to get it in lol
Haha yeah. A lot of hard work trying to nail that 30 seconds!
Also forgot to mention in the post is the one probably tiny problem might run in is possibility of spawn killing by other players so I figure a little work around there is taking something like destiny had which was players being invincible for a few seconds but a little twist that AI can damage them.
Haha yeah. A lot of hard work trying to nail that 30 seconds!
hehe indeed