Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

A little transparency goes a long way. Thanks, 343

OP Lepidus

Wow—that new update is great. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the community so collectively relieved, which is awesome. Even if the release date is a bit longer away than some of us were hoping for, I think we can all agree that the thought and detail put into this update is excellent. This is exactly what we’ve been wanting: transparency. I hope we see more like this going into the future. Please don’t hesitate to tell us what you need to, 343. We can handle whatever you throw at us. Just no more leaving us in the dark!
A little more transparency on the progression and monetisation system would be nice. So far they've said nothing except "no lootboxes" but that was to be expected since battlepasses make more money anyway and they work great in combination with gamepass and a F2P model with some special premium purchases.

I do like that they are finally talking about the game and actually showing something. ;)
couldn't agree more. I actually feel i have a better understanding of where we stand now and what kinda state halo is in atm and where its going. The screens of the spartans in the update already look miles better than anything shown b4. So the extra year looks like a good thing overall. Ofc we all want halo asap , but i'm sure we would all want halo to be in the best shape it can be on release.

I hope going into 2021 we see more updates on progress on the game, the engine and all other aspects of the game. One of the things i remember of halo 3 back with bungie is they done updates where they would show there water tech, or just talk about the new bubble shield with some screenshots of it.Small things like that go a long way tbh.
Glad that 343 is finally getting back on track, even after the July reveal, the weeks of silence, and that "armor coating" stunt.
Could always use a little more transparency but it's definitely a step in the right direction and made me more curious.
As someone who has bought, played and worshipped Halo on day one every damn time, I just want to say...

THANK YOU.

THANK YOU for talking to us. THANK YOU for being open and transparent. THANK YOU for listening and taking action. THANK YOU for renewing my faith in this universe.

Honestly, after reading the whole update twice over, I feel like I can finally breathe a sigh of relief. That was just... perfect.

Please, continue to take the time you need to give us, the fans, the Halo game we all so desperately want. Sure, the delay stings a little, but I am confident that it will be worth it. I am a Halo fan to the bone, seriously, and this update just filled me with so much hope and excitement.

Thank you all once again.
Yes! I just made a similar post. 2020 has been awful, and in all honesty, this update made me feel so much better! THANK YOU!
Lepidus wrote:
Wow—that new update is great. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the community so collectively relieved, which is awesome. Even if the release date is a bit longer away than some of us were hoping for, I think we can all agree that the thought and detail put into this update is excellent. This is exactly what we’ve been wanting: transparency. I hope we see more like this going into the future. Please don’t hesitate to tell us what you need to, 343. We can handle whatever you throw at us. Just no more leaving us in the dark!
Couldn't agree more! And first look at multiplayer! I like the look of the map shown in the screenshots, and overall, nothing in the update disappointed me.
Lepidus wrote:
Couldn't agree more! And first look at multiplayer! I like the look of the map shown in the screenshots, and overall, nothing in the update disappointed me.
I like that they went with a more Reach-inspired Spartan design. It's both good for the fans, and it's lore-friendly!
Lepidus wrote:
I like that they went with a more Reach-inspired Spartan design. It's both good for the fans, and it's lore-friendly!
Not the biggest fan of the overall shape of the reach designs, but the colors are already way better than reach. I’ll def enjoy them more than H4 and H5’s designs.
Update was great! The spartans looked amazing.

Thank you 343! Can't wait to see new gameplay with all the added fidelity on the assets, dare I say.... the Hype train is back?!
It would be amazing if 343i just left Craig the same and changed all the other brutes, it would be hilarious if that happened. The new graphics definitely look better already and I like how it's not exactly the same as the Bungie era games, I think it gives "character" to 343i due to the lack of a better word. This update is one step in the right direction and I'm looking forward to more posts like this. Halo 4 and 5 might not have been the best games but I'm confident Infinite will be a great game.
Was a very nice surprise. I was prepared to wait until the end of the month or even January because literally everything gets delayed these days but BOOM they drop a sizeable update out of nowhere. I'm fairly happy about the release window because honestly I was thinking it'd be holiday and not fall lol
It would be amazing if 343i just left Craig the same and changed all the other brutes, it would be hilarious if that happened.
This is such a perfect idea. When the game comes out, I’m going to find the exact spot where that drop pod falls and make sure Craig is intact. 😂