Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

A whole year??

OP Cargo7179

Is Halo Infinite really available for per-order right now?? Why a whole year in advance? Why wait for it to be released on December 31, 2021? Were the graphics really that bad?
Cargo7179 wrote:
Is Halo Infinite really available for per-order right now??
Yes, from certain retailers (like Best Buy).
Cargo7179 wrote:
Why a whole year in advance? Why wait for it to be released on December 31, 2021?
Nobody said the delay would be for a whole year. At this time, we do not know when in 2021 Infinite will be released. Could be any of the quarters.
Chimera30 wrote:
Cargo7179 wrote:
Cargo7179 wrote:
Why a whole year in advance? Why wait for it to be released on December 31, 2021?
Nobody said the delay would be for a whole year. At this time, we do not know when in 2021 Infinite will be released. Could be any of the quarters.
But for retailers, it specifies a release date of December 31, 2021. Is this just speculative?
Cargo7179 wrote:
But for retailers, it specifies a release date of December 31, 2021. Is this just speculative?
Retailers normally do this with unknown release dates. That way they can set it up without having to worry about it expiring.

You really think 343 was going to release the game on new years?
Cargo7179 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Cargo7179 wrote:
Cargo7179 wrote:
Dates like this are often used as “placeholder” dates subject to change upon official release dates.
Cargo7179 wrote:
This is called a placeholder date. It's not speculation, certain retailers just put in that date because it's the final day of the year and they want something in the date section. It is not the actual release date.
My best bet is that they will release it in the Spring of 2021.
I've seen speculation of it being Fall 2021 but I'm hoping it's much earlier than that.
Cargo7179 wrote:
Is Halo Infinite really available for per-order right now?? Why a whole year in advance? Why wait for it to be released on December 31, 2021? Were the graphics really that bad?
bro it's not gonna come out in December 2021 it's just a place holder all the site do this for games without a confirmed date. Hey 343 please stop the content drought and show us multiplayer soon and start doing flight so we can help build this game so everybody is involve and create the best halo game!!
Cargo7179 wrote:
I think the graphics are pretty good for Halo. Extreme graphics would effect other parts of the game. The physics in Halo are much more important than good lighting or laughing Brutes in my opinion. There're people who only care about graphics and don't care about how the gameplay feels. Covid-19 is the true reason. Developing such a big project from home is a big challenge. 343 must deliver the best experience at launch not months after release like this "coming soon"-thing that's extremely popular in gaming industry.
Cargo7179 wrote:
Let's just say 2022, because that's what it basically is
Placeholder dates are very real, and Dec. 31 is an extremely standard one for TBD and TBA releases. I speak as a former employee of both GameStop and Best Buy.

According to Sk7tch on Twitter a week or two back, Infinite's release date hasn't been decided upon yet. Even if they've internally got a new window for release they're aiming at (they'd better, or this mess is way out of control), they haven't announced to to retailers or the public.
I believe the dates on retail sites are just a place holder.
Hopefully it comes out in early 2021 so we don’t have to wait for a long time but then again you can’t rush Perfection