Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ability to pickup and Throw things

OP baconfamily

It would be awesome if you could throw things by holding the B button (which is usually melee) so let's say a warthog. And just wail it at a enemy. But if you just do it to do it the object becomes damaged. Or destroyed.
Seems to me like a pretty cheap way to get a kill, to be honest. You wouldn't want your opponents shields to drop only for them to hurl a Warthog at you and splatter you.
x N7 117 x wrote:
Seems to me like a pretty cheap way to get a kill, to be honest. You wouldn't want your opponents shields to drop only for them to hurl a Warthog at you and splatter you.
Yeah I'm gonna have agree with this guy. 343 already added some mechanics that took the gameplay away from being strictly an FPS, and I think adding this is taking it too far.
kjbart wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
Yeah I'm gonna have agree with this guy. 343 already added some mechanics that took the gameplay away from being strictly an FPS, and I think adding this is taking it too far.
I know that it would never be a thing. But if mark 4s can do that and Master Chief a Mark 6 can with common knowledge flip 66 tons of tank (in multiplayer map Sandtrap Mk6s can flip the Elephants((205 tons)) which is likely not canon).
I just remembered that scene from halo Legends the Babysitter where a spartan hurled a ODST drop pod from a swamp (with a ODST inside of it) at least 50-60 meters and it was a Mark IV (the Spartans we see in Halo Wars).
P.S. I didn't think about multiplayer as I posted this forum
How about the ability to flip scenery objects like Covie supply crates? Meleeing them was a painfully slow process in h2/h3/odst but got better in reach iirc. Then h4 discarded the box design for the rounder one. Of course, there's a risk of the flip prompt getting in the way of weapon pickup.
kjbart wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
I know that it would never be a thing. But if mark 4s can do that and Master Chief a Mark 6 can with common knowledge flip 66 tons of tank (in multiplayer map Sandtrap Mk6s can flip the Elephants((205 tons)) which is likely not canon).
I just remembered that scene from halo Legends the Babysitter where a spartan hurled a ODST drop pod from a swamp (with a ODST inside of it) at least 50-60 meters and it was a Mark IV (the Spartans we see in Halo Wars).
I see, so you're thinking more about the campaign. It would be kinda cool if there was maybe a section where it's a mix of gameplay and a cutscene, where you had to do something like that. Just not in multiplayer.
*throws Elephant*
kjbart wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
gameplay =/= realism
in the games we can't do a lot of stuff simply for the sake of balance and it should stay that way,
hence the comparison to a movie scene is like comparing apples with pears
I'm not really feeling this idea. Sorry OP
This is Halo, not Hal(o)f Life.
SMOK69KMK wrote:
kjbart wrote:
x N7 117 x wrote:
gameplay =/= realism
in the games we can't do a lot of stuff simply for the sake of balance and it should stay that way,
hence the comparison to a movie scene is like comparing apples with pears
This is a very important point. If realism were the primary goal, Halo would be some MMO closer to GTA where you can do just about anything. But Halo is, first and foremost, a competitive, precision first-person shooter. So we sacrifice realism for balanced gameplay all the time, and that's what makes Halo Halo. There's always room for debate on what this looks like, so long as everyone understands that realism is not a very important priority for Halo.
Maybe you could pick up select items in the environment, explosive barrels / fusion coils for example. Toss a huge explosive at the cost of some mobility and becoming a lot more vulnerable to getting yourself (and your teammates) blown up.
Well what good would it be, it isn't like there would be any BLAM! kills just by throwing a traffic cone. Unless there was some sort of ability but do we really want a ground pound to be as strong as a gravity hammer? I mean you could take armor lock and replace the EMP with a concussion effect, same effect but it makes the issues a bit easier to see.
HaXoR73 wrote:
Maybe you could pick up select items in the environment, explosive barrels / fusion coils for example. Toss a huge explosive at the cost of some mobility and becoming a lot more vulnerable to getting yourself (and your teammates) blown up.
Like picking up a turret sacrifices mobility.
Well what good would it be, it isn't like there would be any BLAM! kills just by throwing a traffic cone. Unless there was some sort of ability but do we really want a ground pound to be as strong as a gravity hammer? I mean you could take armor lock and replace the EMP with a concussion effect, same effect but it makes the issues a bit easier to see.
I mean let's face it if RVB is completely canon and they already throw tanks, pelicans, warthogs, flags (which have impaled a spartan) and much more it would make the tactics interesting for better or worse and, whose saying that you can't throw something to negate or block the thrown object. Or shoot it out of the air.
*throws Elephant*
*Yeets Halo Ring.*
x N7 117 x wrote:
Yeah you damage your thrown object so you must think about it before hand because you can only do it so much. Which is the thing I want parts of the game to overwhelm me
I mean let's face it if RVB is completely canon and they already throw tanks, pelicans, warthogs, flags (which have impaled a spartan) and much more it would make the tactics interesting for better or worse and, whose saying that you can't throw something to negate or block the thrown object. Or shoot it out of the air.
RvB will always be cannon more so than the books, especially what was that book Requiem (I don't know I never read it).

That being said we also need more kung-fu melee animations, all the cast members as firefight voices, and of course Grif's nut knock animation.
I just want moving objects. Bash them into unique places to reach easter eggs. I don't want to get hit by a crate in Halo.