Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

About preorder bonuses....

OP Cephalon Zylon

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Will the pre-order bonus (if there even is one) be based more on physical objects or in game objects (or maybe a mix of both)? Will it be a halo 3 situation? A halo reach situation? Or a halo 5 situation(pls no)?
I would hope maybe a little something of both digital and physical. In the end, as long as something is generated one way or another I’ll be happy.
Maybe physical things could be for special editions of the games like usual and perhaps digital stuff for preorder that can hopefully be gained some other way but just later on.

I honestly dont see the good side of this preorder culture. Its basically paying for product you have never really seen. Just trailers & something like small demo or betab which can be different from the final product.
Also, not saying it happens on each case but sometimes preorders make it easier to rush a game and launch it somewhat unfinished since you have already given your money to them.
Why do people hate the Halo 5 pre-order?
I hope there is no pre-order bonus. But if there must be, I'd prefer it to be something physical.

Any digital/in-game pre-order bonuses should be made available to everyone at some point in the game. Like, pre-ordering just unlocks it instantly, but regular play still unlocks it eventually. That would be acceptable to me for a digital pre-order bonus. But in general I'm against digital exclusive content dependent on when/where you purchase the game. Like Halo 4's pre-order bonus content was stupid because every retailer had a different pre-order bonus, so if you wanted everything you had to pre-order the game from each retailer or get codes off eBay. And the idea of trying to entice people to buy a product before it's even out (you're essentially paying for the "idea" of the game rather than what the game will be) rubs me the wrong way. I'd rather see gamers be rewarded for being informed and responsible.
No one knows though I’d assume it would be like most games (basically every game) you get dlc if there are any unless it’s free and some in game stuff exclusive unless you have a code
Why do people hate the Halo 5 pre-order?
Because anything in that game could be obtained from REQ packs
I think pre-order bonuses need to die as a practice. It encourages developers to make tantalizing but unfinished content so they can earn a quick buck. Not that I'm in any way saying 343i has done that, but its an ever present danger with developers these days. If there ABSOLUTELY must be preorder bonuses for Halo Infinite, better they be physical.
Pre-order still a decision to make..... even after seeing what happened with MCC?
Honestly, I'd rather have no pre-order bonuses as it encourages the consumer to fork out additional cash towards a product that hasn't been released yet.

If there is a pre-order bonus, I hope it only comes in physical and not content that should've been available to everyone on day one.
If I had to take a wild guess, it will be a few free req packs, or whatever their successor is. Maybe I will be wrong and it will be something worth it, but they would probably save anything truly unique for a collectors edition
I pre-ordered Halo 5 and I have to agree with Cephalon Zylon it was lacking. I personally hope that pre-order bonuses will be like reach a combination of physical objects and a cool helmet or chest piece.
It needs to be a Halo Reach and 4 style pre-order, in those games you got cool pre-order only armor no-one else has. Sure, you can just buy unused codes for the armor of ebay or something, but atleast they were rare and can't be earned ingame. In Halo 5 any items you got can be earned ingame for free For example, one pre-order bonus for Halo 5 (Halo 5 had a bonus based on where you pre-order the game) was the fotus armor, you get it in a code (one of witch i had but i scratched it and never got to redeem it :[ ). However, you can get it for free for through Req packs, sure, you get it on your first day playing, but its not as cool as a REAL bonus.
I would like something physical and digital. I agree the physical can be like Reach and the digital could be a gun skin that you only get for pre ordering the game.
I'm going to guess that it's going to be tied into the Halo series on Showtime.

A behind the scenes look, a script, some lore, possibly a full episode download or a skin one of the protagonists wear. Or a combination of these.

As far as we can tell with our understanding of the production cycle with the show and game, they may be coming out very close to eachother.

In fact, I'm worried about a crossover like SYFY did with Defiance. There were already plans to do this with Peter Jackson, and the now defunct project Halo: Chronicles.
The Halo 3 Helmet will probably be one of the best pre order bonuses (if thats how you got it). One day I will my hands on one of those.
The Halo 3 Helmet will probably be one of the best pre order bonuses (if thats how you got it). One day I will my hands on one of those.
That wasn’t a pre order bonus. That was included in the Halo 3 Legendary Edition.
Chimera30 wrote:
That wasn’t a pre order bonus. That was included in the Halo 3 Legendary Edition.
Ah yes I completely forgot about those, thats it. I like the idea of that better. I believe H4 had something similar in terms of different levels of editions & what you got.
Chimera30 wrote:
Ah yes I completely forgot about those, thats it. I like the idea of that better. I believe H4 had something similar in terms of different levels of editions & what you got.
Halo 4 had 2 editions: standard and limited. Limited Edition came with a special case, a copy of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, and some Halo-related documents/booklets. There also was a special Halo 4 version of the Xbox 360, which came with a copy of the game.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
Halo 4 had 2 editions: standard and limited. Limited Edition came with a special case, a copy of Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn, and some Halo-related documents/booklets. There also was a special Halo 4 version of the Xbox 360, which came with a copy of the game.
I remember getting the Halo 4 Limited Edition. The only thing note worthy was some in game skins & armour i believe you got. The artic BR skin if im not mistaken.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2