Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Add a skull that enables dual wielding in campaign

OP A Sword Elite

I don't even care if it makes it a zero score multi or achievements disabled.
Dual wielding is so much fun in Halo 3 :)
Sounds really cool on paper. One technical issue could hold them back tho. How would they do the reload animations then? I doubt they'll create new animations just for a skull.

I guess what they could do is just replace the reload with a cooldown when the skull is active
Sounds really cool on paper. One technical issue could hold them back tho. How would they do the reload animations then? I doubt they'll create new animations just for a skull.

I guess what they could do is just replace the reload with a cooldown when the skull is active
I agree, especially with the grapple hook attached to the left arm, and potentially other utility equipment. It could cause issues with gameplay.

It would be fun to see though.

Duel wielding reloading in Halo 2 and 3 literally just pulls the camera off screen. They can just do that here too.
It can't be any more difficult than making guns shoot rainbow Scarab beams.

Model leaves the fov, model re-enter the fov. There! A reload animation for non plasma-batteries weapons.

I agree, especially with the grapple hook attached to the left arm, and potentially other utility equipment. It could cause issues with gameplay.
Welp, the hook basically works like an Armor Abilitiy, why not having dual wielding replacing that slot than? Meaning you have to chose between mobility or being a death-wielding tank.
This has the potential to please multiple factions within the fandom. If you don't care for dual wielding, then don't activate the skull. If you do, then find the skull so you can unlock it. There are some balancing issues to contend with, but a skull is meant to change up the gameplay in a noticeable way, so the balancing problems that come with dual wielding would become a feature instead of a bug.

Model leaves the fov, model re-enter the fov. There! A reload animation for non plasma-batteries weapons.

Welp, the hook basically works like an Armor Abilitiy, why not having dual wielding replacing that slot than? Meaning you have to chose between mobility or being a death-wielding tank.
Welp?
I don't even care if it makes it a zero score multi or achievements disabled.
Dual wielding is so much fun in Halo 3 :)
Wasn't that halo 2 you got to duel wield?

Either way i like that idea... that is if they aren't already going to allow duel wield and haven't told us yet...
The best part of this idea is it keeps dual wielding out of multiplayer. So I like it.
I don't see a reason not to have it in the campaign as default. In Halo 2 you almost needed dual-wielded needlers on Gravemind Legendary, especially if you go for the Monopolized achievment, it really gave meaning to dual wielding. I'd love if they ad dual wield and then make Legendary challenging again like in CE-2. Many consider Halo 2 the hardest game, even though it had dual wield, H3 had less powerful dualwielded weapons yet it was an easier game, so imo it doesn't need to be non-scoring at all.
Just keep it out of MP, then I don't see a problem.
Spam8358 wrote:
I don't see a reason not to have it in the campaign as default. In Halo 2 you almost needed dual-wielded needlers on Gravemind Legendary, especially if you go for the Monopolized achievment, it really gave meaning to dual wielding. I'd love if they ad dual wield and then make Legendary challenging again like in CE-2. Many consider Halo 2 the hardest game, even though it had dual wield, H3 had less powerful dualwielded weapons yet it was an easier game, so imo it doesn't need to be non-scoring at all.
As a layman in the programming world, I'm often curious when I hear people say that something can be in the campaign while not being in MP. I'm referring to things that are central to the structure of the game play. I would consider things like dual wielding to be pretty central to the game play, so I'm curious if it's even reasonable to create a separate experience for campaign versus MP. Wouldn't balancing become an issue if that was done?

I'm not in-the-know when it comes to making a game, so hopefully someone on here can educate me. I just find it interesting that an often-used argument when it comes to controversial features is to say "make it a thing in campaign, but not a thing in MP". Is that possible?

Again, I'm asking this as an uneducated person when it comes to game development. I'm genuinely curious.
Spam8358 wrote:
As a layman in the programming world, I'm often curious when I hear people say that something can be in the campaign while not being in MP. I'm referring to things that are central to the structure of the game play. I would consider things like dual wielding to be pretty central to the game play, so I'm curious if it's even reasonable to create a separate experience for campaign versus MP. Wouldn't balancing become an issue if that was done?

I'm not in-the-know when it comes to making a game, so hopefully someone on here can educate me. I just find it interesting that an often-used argument when it comes to controversial features is to say "make it a thing in campaign, but not a thing in MP". Is that possible?

Again, I'm asking this as an uneducated person when it comes to game development. I'm genuinely curious.
Well I’m not an expert either bit my guess i that it is possible.
dual wield is only possible for some weapons, so rather than talong away the feature from the player, take it away from the weapons. For exemple make a second version of the plasma pistle that country as a different weapon but works the same except it can’t be dual wielded, and have it only in MP, in that Wayne it becomes a question of IF the have limiter space for norr weapons.
this sounds possible to me but I’m not a video game creator.
That's a really bad idea.
They should add a limited time mode where its duel wielding only and you can duel wield swords to!
Why not add the skull into multiplayer too? That way the option is there for everyone if they want it.

Welp?
Yeah, welp. As in "sure, I can't disagree, but consider this" in the given context.

Or did you mean what "welp" means in first place? In that case it's just a different slang for "well", or an abrupt stopped well at the beginning of a sentence I guess. Mostly it is used for signaling resignation (like in this case, I had to admit you're right before getting to my point) or when you're disappointed about something and wanna express it in an emotionless and monotone expression like: "Welp, I guess this is than. Was fun knowing you." So if you ever face your doom in the most annoying and disappointing way possible feel free to use it! :)

Damn, there is a lot behind that word. I never thought about it before! 😂