Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Add back blood staining on ground

OP Toxhicide

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I have no idea what the difference would be, but if they say it's better this way, but the problem is that the game was already classified as T, I don't think they do it sincerely
Thankfully, it hasn't been rated yet.

It could still be a hard "M" for Mature - if we are fortunate enough🤘🏻💯
We REALLY hope that
I have no idea what the difference would be, but if they say it's better this way, but the problem is that the game was already classified as T, I don't think they do it sincerely
Thankfully, it hasn't been rated yet.

It could still be a hard "M" for Mature - if we are fortunate enough🤘🏻💯
We REALLY hope that
Yes, we do🤘🏻
I always dreamed that Halo had a bit of gore as doom, but I don't know if it's too offensive for some people.
Symbilyst wrote:
I always dreamed that Halo had a bit of gore as doom, but I don't know if it's too offensive for some people.
Maybe not as gory as Doom; but slightly more gory than HALO: Combat Evolved & HALO 3 would be the sweet-spot to aim for👍🏻
Symbilyst wrote:
Maybe not as gory as Doom; but slightly more gory than HALO: Combat Evolved & HALO 3 would be the sweet-spot to aim for👍🏻
I hope so, not like halo 4 or 5 that you see a small black liquid coming out and disappearing.
I mean even in Halo 5 you could sometimes see some of the elite or grunt blood spurting out and onto the ground. There was also sometimes the weird orange yellow goo that would stain the ground from the Prometheans. That being said I do agree even when there was blood splatter it wouldn't persist in the world for too long. I think that comes down to 343 targeting 60 fps and them having to get rid of different effects on screen way sooner than many would want to try to maintain that 60 frames target. Hopefully with the Series X/S many of these effects will be able to stay on screen longer, although I'm sure on PC you could have them stay infinitely if you wanted to.
Symbilyst wrote:
Not sure it will ever get to GOW level lol.
I mean even in Halo 5 you could sometimes see some of the elite or grunt blood spurting out and onto the ground. There was also sometimes the weird orange yellow goo that would stain the ground from the Prometheans. That being said I do agree even when there was blood splatter it wouldn't persist in the world for too long. I think that comes down to 343 targeting 60 fps and them having to get rid of different effects on screen way sooner than many would want to try to maintain that 60 frames target. Hopefully with the Series X/S many of these effects will be able to stay on screen longer, although I'm sure on PC you could have them stay infinitely if you wanted to.
It is definitely the lack of persistent blood for the enemies that is the main problem. Here is a screenshot in Halo 5 immediately after a Warzone Firefight defense round. The bodies have already de spawned and the blood disappears as soon as you turn you back to it. https://imgur.com/DWTzTpt

The amount is correct (although I am not a fan of how muted they made the colors), but it needs to stick around longer. I think this is why people don't remember blood splatter in 5.

I do see the lack of any human blood at all as a bit off putting as well in the 343 games. With the return of Marines, there should be at least a little. That said, this isn't Gears of War. Gore should never been the focus, and really is best reserved for environmental storytelling/ evidence of a battle.
Mongerty wrote:
It is definitely the lack of persistent blood for the enemies that is the main problem. Here is a screenshot in Halo 5 immediately after a Warzone Firefight defense round. The bodies have already de spawned and the blood disappears as soon as you turn you back to it. https://imgur.com/DWTzTpt

The amount is correct (although I am not a fan of how muted they made the colors), but it needs to stick around longer. I think this is why people don't remember blood splatter in 5.

I do see the lack of any human blood at all as a bit off putting as well in the 343 games. With the return of Marines, there should be at least a little. That said, this isn't Gears of War. Gore should never been the focus, and really is best reserved for environmental storytelling/ evidence of a battle.
Yeah I think human blood doesn't need to be spurting all over the place/humans being ripped in half or anything. I think Halo Reach did a great job with the amount of human gore and blood they had. The first mission where you find the dead humans in that one house and their blood is staining the floor was a great touch that wasn't over the top or anything. It really served as a great way to show that something was seriously wrong without any dialogue at all. I definitely agree with you that the blue blood on the ground in that screenshot needs to be about 3-4 shades brighter than it is now. The only real indication we have about what color the blood might be in Halo Infinite is at the very beginning of the demo when Chief shoots those three grunts. Some blood does pop out, and although it is still a bit too dark/muted for my liking, it does look quite a bit better than the Halo 5 stuff.
I don’t buy the argument that it being M will limit player access to any significant degree. I understand logically it should but an M rating doesn’t deter nearly as many players as people seem to think. CoD warzone seems to be doing just fine player population-wise with an M rating. If the game is good, people will play it. It’s really that simple.
I miss how in CE you could paint the floors blue
Why don't they just put blood on toggle!!!!!!!!!!!
A realistic amount of blood would be perfect. I believe Reach nailed it rather well. Don't despawn blood and bodies immediately, show that there was a fight. Keep the destroyed vehicles in for a bit extra too. Utilizing cover out of a smashed warthog is great.
T rating will only limit the game, as stated above, cod is M and that doesn't affect sales.
Immersion is important.
I would like the bloodeffects to be like CE. But the T Rating for Infinite has me worried.
I'm 100% sure Halo has always had blood stains? But I hope they come back in a Combat Evolved fashion. I'd love more gore.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3