Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Ai bots to fill up empty slots in offline MP.

OP Colbolt96

I think it would be really awesome, if we could vs Ai bots in multiplayer! Because even if the servers go down in 10years or something, i still wanna be able to play 16player bot matches, around bloodgulch and vahalla! Kicking -Yoink- throughout the galaxy, and hopefully they can use tanks and vehicles and do the objectives well, since i already know Campaign Ai is soo smart, lets do it for multiplayer too! So even if im not connected online, i can still play by myself. And choose all the custom gameplay tweaks myself. Even if they don't work in forge maps, and only in the base maps, it would be still be soo cool, to have the multiplayer "infinite".
Wholeheartedly support this idea.

Despite the expenses of games, I think many developers can make functioning multiplayer bots, and Halo isn't really a complicated game to begin with (simple, but hard to master). Heck, games like ArmA and Red Orchestra 2 (despite being a PC game to begin with), had pretty good bots to fill the void and they are really complicated games.

The old Battlefield titles from 1942 to 2142 had multiplayer bots that can be played offline and they had some pretty good bots. I was pretty surprised in 1942 where the bots would actually control the gunner positions in maps like "Battle of Britain". I don't have much interest in the new additions of the series because they are more like "touch and go" kind of games where they exist as long as the hype is there.
The Gears series (minus 1 and the friggin' remake) had multiplayer bots even though, being a console game. It has an intricate movement system which I find pretty surprising how well the AI navigates the map.
The introductions of multiplayer AI in Call of Duty: Black Ops was great news to me, which meant that I can play the multiplayer alone at my leisure, even when the internet is down. MW, WaW, and MW2 did not have bots, but when the community made mods for them, I find myself playing these titles again.

Titanfall suffered because it was a lackluster game to begin with and I believe, if the game had Titan/Pilot bots for offline (not including the survival mode, but modes like attrition), Titanfall 1 would probably have a population bigger than 50. Titanfall 1 is nothing more than digital junk collecting dust in my Origin library and it's a real shame.

Halo doesn't have that problem because it has a -Yoink- campaign that can be played with harder difficulties and even harder with skulls (sometimes Firefight). However, even if the campaign is memorable and replayable, multiplayer is another major component of the Halo franchise that makes the game whole (50% campaign/ 50% multiplayer). The lack of experiencing the Multiplayer at anytime makes Halo feel half full and I think Halo MC collection on the PC would be the best time to implement offline multiplayer bots, starting with HALO 3.
Black Ops 4 blew my mind with the introduction of bots for Zombies, and therefore, 343 should implement allied bots for Firefight (kinda feels a bit too lonely when lone wolfing Firefight in ODST/Reach)

The point is, bots are essential to preserve the game's longevity, or at most, the experience of playing multiplayer at any time (even when the internet is down or slow).
I’ve seen this idea pushed since 2011. If halo infinite doesn’t launch with this feature, it’ll be another 3+ years. Though if Ai in Forge become a thing then we could make a work around.
man dood ive bee wanting that from the start to bad they never added it
Gears of War has had bots since Gears 2. They weren’t the most intelligent (you often saw them running backwards and having incredible aim), they have come a long way and allow for some laid back fun in PvP game modes.
If they won't give us Spartan "bots", give us Covenant "bots". Covenant A.I. is already programmed to fight, so now they just fight the opposite color team instead of just player Spartans.
I’ve been wishing for bots since 2005. I’m glad the idea is finally seeing so much support. I really hope they put this in.
If they won't give us Spartan "bots", give us Covenant "bots". Covenant A.I. is already programmed to fight, so now they just fight the opposite color team instead of just player Spartans.
Actually, I imagine the programming for multi-player is much different then enemy A.I. programming for Campaign/FireFight.
Being able to fight Spartans that are controlled by A.I. would be really cool. Especially if they added options like Perfect Dark.
Perfectsim and Darksim Spartans or Elites would be great. You could do Nemesis game types or infection on a massive and crazy scale. Manually setting up each of the A.I. Spartans to act differently. I never understood why no one to my knowledge has done something like this since Perfect Dark. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about no one else doing it since Perfect Dark. I would bet a PC game has.
Well bots will never replace actual players. Try playing Reach Firefight with AI Elites then replace all AI with player Elites and you will see the difference.
Being able to fight Spartans that are controlled by A.I. would be really cool. Especially if they added options like Perfect Dark.
Perfectsim and Darksim Spartans or Elites would be great. You could do Nemesis game types or infection on a massive and crazy scale. Manually setting up each of the A.I. Spartans to act differently. I never understood why no one to my knowledge has done something like this since Perfect Dark. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong about no one else doing it since Perfect Dark. I would bet a PC game has.
Yeah but Perfect dark Bots cheat. They had a Wall hack so they were always facing you. You could get behind them only if they were tracking a different player.

That being said I would like to see being able to add AI in more like to make your own custom campaign maps in Forge. I know this would be more of the PvE crafting than the PvP. Maybe if they allowed some counter-operative play much like how in Reach Firefight you could have the Elites be played by players even though it was mostly a PvP mode. AI to be added to forge and multiplayer custom games would be great, but AI to replace players is not something I see as working. They could supplement a 2v2 match or something like that but they will never equal out an unbalanced team.
I think this is a good idea when people leave the match. I've had several games where people decided to drop mid game and I ended up solo against a team of 3-4. Needless to say, my KD ratio suffered because I suddenly lost teammates that weren't replaced.
I'm definitely up for bots on both online and offline match. I don't have much friends that plays Halo to begin with.