Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Am I the only one who likes Halo Infinite so far?

OP Reptar117

I can see a lot of hatred towards a game that hasn't come out yet and a game they have yet to pre-order. I think it looks really cool, I like they are expanding the sandbox, I like they are still willing to go against the current with things like Sprint and grapple hook, and I really like the art style they're going for. Can't wait to see more of the game in the future!
Ur not the only one. I absolutely love the art, gameplay, enemies, etc. but I’m not too sure about these new weapons. I did notice when he picked up that carbine it had another word in front of carbine giving me the idea of many different types of weapons
I like it! Some new aspects don't excite me, but I still appreciate the small demo that I saw. Still excited!
Ur not the only one. I absolutely love the art, gameplay, enemies, etc. but I’m not too sure about these new weapons. I did notice when he picked up that carbine it had another word in front of carbine giving me the idea of many different types of weapons
I think it was a burst fire carbine with a mix of the storm rifle so it won't be the exact carbine for the game. Seems like they might have just made the req weapons from H5 into regular guns
I thought the game looked okay although I would much prefer a demo version of the game before I buy it.

Edit: By demo I mean a playable demo.
Reptar117 wrote:
I think it was a burst fire carbine with a mix of the storm rifle so it won't be the exact carbine for the game. Seems like they might have just made the req weapons from H5 into regular guns
Pulse Carbine. Looks like a burst fire plasma gun with less power/kick/splash damage than the Ravager (Brute burst gun). Probably the "Elite" burst gun variant, a little more finesse than Brute guns.
I'm definitely playing it Day One. I'm just upset I have to wait until atleast November.
no you're not alone, I thought it was great. The complaints are exactly what I was expecting, the bungie boomers who convinced themselves it was going to be Halo 3.5 and now are mad because it's not.
A lot of people here aren't grateful, I expected there to be some people who didn't like the game, but not to this extent. Oh well, this is Halo Waypoint.

Remember guys, there were many people who were hating Halo 2 when that game was new. It's no different here.

No, you're definitely not the only one who likes the trailer. I was very impressed and am super excited to see where the story goes. That's what Halo is about to me. When I say Sprint, new weapon and vehicle designs, and the grappeling hook, I thought it was cool. It's really reminding me of when 343 changed the artstyle in Halo 4-5. I think Halo has reached a point that other franchises have reached, being around for so long. There were people who didn't like 343's artstyle changes, and they changed many things in Halo Infinite. Some people are happy, some people aren't. I honestly don't understand how this new artstyle is so bad like some people say. Yeah, it's different, but I'm fine with different. We've had the same art-style for years now, so it's nice to see things be changed up a bit. Besides, 343 at least changed some things to be like the classic games. Chief's armor looks like a combo of Bungie's and 343's design, and things like shield regeneration sounds, sound like Halo CE. Doom has been around a lot longer than Halo, and the new games also have a different art-style with the weapons and enemies, and Doomguy himself. There were people who thought Doom Eternal looked too cartoonish compared to Doom 2016, and I just don't get it. I don't get fed up over things like that. When I play a Halo game, I play for the story and gameplay. Of course, if the game looks terrible, then that would be a problem, but this game looks amazing. I like the new weapon designs and vehicle designs.

I think 343 is trying thery're best with this one. Hopefully the final game will deliver my expectations.