Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Anti white stripes (preemptive)

OP FORGE PLAY

Choices felt limited in halo 5x because of white stripes or a forced color, or massive amounts of pale secondary color.

Going to ask everyone early...

Zero white markings / forced colors?
Or keep them minimal like h3 / reach ? (1-3 small stripes)

when there are 3-5 variants of good armor.
But they all have white stripes or forced color recon, helljumper etc..
We know the personalization options will be "Reach-esk", meaning we will get a lot more options compared to H5 (which only limited those option, because gambling mechanics btw). So it's save to presume we'll be able to change textures and those horrendous white stripes as well. Let's cross fingers!
Instead of flooding the menu with loads of duplicate pieces with different textures or stripes etc, just make each variant of armor one of each set, and provide the players with some sort of armor paint system where we can create our own designs, in which we could save and utilize whenever we want. Obviously a system would need to be in place to weed out anyone making inappropriate designs, but that would probably be the easy part. (Think Forza's decal and design system)
FORGE PLAY wrote:
Choices felt limited in halo 5x because of white stripes or a forced color, or massive amounts of pale secondary color.

Going to ask everyone early...

Zero white markings / forced colors?
Or keep them minimal like h3 / reach ? (1-3 small stripes)

when there are 3-5 variants of good armor.
But they all have white stripes or forced color recon, helljumper etc..
I would prefer solid color armor and if you want white stripes or other color variants, that could be in Microtransactions to give you a defining unique color pattern. I really hate the random checkered looks and random unchangeable color patterns. I would prefer that the stripes and color patterns be able to be previewed prior to purchase.
I'm onboard with you- forced color/pattern elements on armor sets should be almost entirely nixed. They don't do anything but restrict how the player can customize their armor, in my view. The Pathfinder armor in Halo 5 was one I actually liked a fair amount, but couldn't make myself rock on account of how much forced white stripes and patterns were on it.
I just hope they at least keep the armours and the banners separate since never liked how it weirdly would change my banner based on what my armour colour is selected plus prefer the simpler colour schemes, would love the old Halo CE black armour back plus I didn't like the stripes stuff in Halo 4.
I would also like to see the return of some patterns they seemed to have completely removed, like the X pattern on the Locus helm. I loved the look of it and was sad to see in Halo 5 you only get a blank white face plate or the Edge variant.