Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

[Locked] Any word on whether the free MP will be on PS5?

OP Leos Nuts

I understand not releasing the full game on the the Playstation but maybe allow Playstation users to play the MP with limited unlockables?

Of course that goes for Switch users too
Why would Microsoft put Halo on the PlayStation or Switch?
Why put the 'free multiplayer' part of the game on as many other consoles as possible? Money and player count
Leos Nuts wrote:
Why wouldn't they put a free multiplayer game on as many other consoles as possible?
Because they aren’t going to dole out their game to the competition. Infinite is going to be a game they hope sells Xbox Series X and S consoles. It’ll also be a big mover for GamePass, which as far as I know is only playable on Xbox and PC. Yes, it’ll be on PC also, but they’ve already got a good foothold there.
Leos Nuts wrote:
Why wouldn't they put a free multiplayer game on as many other consoles as possible?
Because they aren’t going to dole out their game to the competition. Infinite is going to be a game they hope sells Xbox Series X and S consoles. It’ll also be a big mover for GamePass, which as far as I know is only playable on Xbox and PC. Yes, it’ll be on PC also, but they’ve already got a good foothold there.
Im talking about the multiplayer part of the game.
Leos Nuts wrote:
Leos Nuts wrote:
Im talking about the multiplayer part of the game.
They still aren’t going to put their game on their competitors platform. You think Microsoft is going to want to share any profits? You think Sony or Nintendo will host the game in their servers for no charge? It’s not just a case of Microsoft putting the multiplayer on the Switch and that’s it. They’ll make plenty on the Xbox and PC. Halo has made millions in a single platform for over 20 years.
Leos Nuts wrote:
I understand not releasing the full game on the the Playstation but maybe allow Playstation users to play the MP with limited unlockables?

Of course that goes for Switch users too
Absolutly NO, is Microsoft not Sony
You can Play on PC, Console, IOS and Android with X Cloud
Back in 2003 Microsoft had Gearbox port Halo to Windows and Macintosh, Apple was and still is their competitor.

Recently Microsoft allowed the Master Chief to be added as a skin in Fortnite, which is owned by Epic who is also the competition.

Microsoft have said that their new strategy is about allowing gamers to play Xbox games where they want, so only time will tell.
That's a solid no. But don't worry, soon Playstation owners will be able to stream Halo to their PCs, cell phones or smart TVs through XCloud, as long as they pay for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

The same goes for that talk about Bethesda games going to Playstation after its acquisition. I think whoever believes that Microsoft will release games on the competition in order to cash your $60 (or $70) doesn't understand Microsoft's long term strategy. They're not in the business of selling individual games anymore, they're in the business of selling subscriptions and putting games on Playstation will give people one less reason to sign up to Game Pass.
That is a solid NO on both accounts. Halo is to Microsoft as Mario is to Nintendo: a flagship series that is made to be a system-seller. You won't see Mario on Playstation, and neither will you see Halo on Playstation.
There's no word on it simply because it won't even be considered.

/thread
Man I've wanted Halo on other platforms for years but I just can't see it coming up PS/Nintendo.
There’s no way that’s going to happen. Microsoft has been making moves to try and up their list of exclusives with studio acquisitions. They’re not going to undo that by putting their best seller on their top competitor’s platform.
No they won't. Even if they could make a lot of money purely by mircrotransactions they wouldn't.
No! It's an Xbox exclusive for a REASON. That would be like putting God of War on Xbox...
I wouldn’t mind it honestly. One reason CoD is so popular is due to it’s availability on every console.
I hope they don’t put it on PlayStation
It is hard to advertise something as exclusive if you plan on selling it everywhere.
Halo is a Xbox exclusive product.
You will not be able to play the game on PlayStation through PSN.

PlayStation Owners can play the game on PC or on their mobile devices through XCloud. Nothing else
Answer to your question is: "No, there is no news"