Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Anyone else feel like a kid again?

OP Slipstream02

Halo 3 and Modern warfare were some of the biggest shooters in 2007 if not the biggest. Now in 2019 we have halo infinite and modern warfare coming out and hopefully both are absolute juggernauts of games. Always a halo man but I really do feel like i'm 7 again after that E3
I can't wait for all these games! Gears, COD, Halo.. that was the holy trinity of my childhood. Definitely has me feeling like a kid again too OP.
Yes, but sadly not for Halo and Gears at this time, and after Blackout's deception with loot crates it's a hard pass on the new CoD. I hope we get more Gears info soon, and Halo Infinite in the new year. So yes, I feel like a kid because I've just pre ordered DOOM Eternal Collectors Edition, Cyberpunk Collectors Edition and Wolfenstein Youngblood. I'll consider Gears and CoD once they reveal their monetisation schemes, as for Halo ? Who knows.
Haha maybe a little bit.
Actually feeling like a kid again is buying a new console and going into a franchise without any idea of what the game would be like. That was Combat Evolved on the original Xbox.
Yes! I love that 343I is holding back, it makes me crave Halo Infinite.
eviltedi wrote:
Yes, but sadly not for Halo and Gears at this time, and after Blackout's deception with loot crates it's a hard pass on the new CoD. I hope we get more Gears info soon, and Halo Infinite in the new year. So yes, I feel like a kid because I've just pre ordered DOOM Eternal Collectors Edition, Cyberpunk Collectors Edition and Wolfenstein Youngblood. I'll consider Gears and CoD once they reveal their monetisation schemes, as for Halo ? Who knows.
It’s unfortunate, but this is exactly what I base my excitement on for every new game these days as well. So many new games look incredible, but nearly all end up becoming unappealing or, at the very least, non-day-1 purchases because of their monetization schemes.
Since I was 12 when I first played halo 3, I'm gonna go ahead and say rather than I feel like being 7 I feel like I'm 12 again.
FeelsGoodMan. By the way I hope that was a typo, Modern Warfare is coming out this year but Infinite is next year.
I haven't been this hyped about a Halo game since Halo 3, so, yes I feel like a kid again.
2007 was a good year for gaming. However we are in 2019 and the landscape has drastically changed (and not all for the better). While I am hopeful and not just given up this franchise as a reanimated corpse like so many other franchises (i.e. Command & Conquer) I can't ignore what has happened in the past between lootboxes, halo 5, 343 statement about player focused req packs, and even the whole Activision-Bungie thing, it will take a lot to get me excited for any game from a AAA publisher. That being said I have not out grown gaming, it just made a turn for the worse. But I still have table top games and there is still retro gaming so I can still play the classic Halo games, so there is no need to wonder the toxic wastes that is the mobile game market (and how the AAA game studios are trying to turn all games into that type of market). I am more hopeful for this than the past halo games, but still very skeptical. That trailer has not relieved me of any skepticism though.