2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Nope. It all looks great so far.
ECN Knight wrote:
Glad you found it good at least. I hope we will all be surprised and that you will not in the end be disappointed, and I will be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

What did you like about the trailer btw?
I've never cared much about "getting hyped". Now, I do care about useful information, but I've also learned to not expect anything more than I've been promised. So it's hard for me to feel disappointed.
ECN Knight wrote:
Glad you found it good at least. I hope we will all be surprised and that you will not in the end be disappointed, and I will be giving them the benefit of the doubt.

What did you like about the trailer btw?
The graphics looks surprisingly good for a Halo game. I personally really liked the new art style, and the sound was amazing. I like how they made Chief really look like a buff super soldier in his new suit. It also seems like that Chiefs old "tough guy with few words" personality is back, which I really appreciate. The "117" insignia on his chest is a cool addition.

The only thing that would stop me from buying Halo Infinite at this point is the gameplay. Or if they reintroduce lootboxes, but I trust their word.
There was definitely some disappointment for me. Whether I'd call it "severe" or not, I dunno.

I had a nasty feeling we weren't actually going to get any gameplay. I hoped maybe there was a chance we would, but wasn't surprised we didn't.

When one is starving to death, one gets very excited for a crumb, at least until it's eaten, LOL. Then, one's excitement fades into "That was it?"

So yeah, I basically felt the same way about this trailer as I did about last year's. Initially, I was over the moon thrilled with a huge grin on my face, only because it's something, ANYTHING new.

But after rewatching it a few times and putting some thought into it, that excitement faded as I realized how much longer we STILL have to wait and we STILL know almost nothing.

Yeah, I love the things the trailer DID show. The commitment to classic art, music and sound design, love them. And, the trailers definitely targeted emotions and had the right themes about humanity's perseverance and about hope, which I think is Halo's most important theme. (Although both trailers weirdly took way too long to get to the point.) I dunno if the same team of writers designed the trailers as are working on Infinite's campaign story, but they seem to understand how Halo is supposed to FEEL pretty well, I'll say that.

But... the trailers still don't change the controversies the community faces: A. the sprint/no sprint civil war, and B. the narrative dumpster fire left behind from H5. The former is a damned if you do/don't situation for 343 no matter what they do, you either leave it in and tick off half the fan base, or remove it and tick off the other half. And in regards to the latter, Paul Crocker could be the greatest writer ever in the history of time but he still has to make something of the awful mess that H5 made, where we're now stuck in a plot arc that virtually NO ONE wanted.

I dunno. I feel cautiously optimistic, but that's the way I felt last year too. The biggest disappointment comes from the fact that virtually nothing is any different than it was before E3 and now we have yet ANOTHER whole year for more.
Then why show anything at all? I'd honestly rather see nothing than something that does not resonate in the slightest bit
I personally think that is ridiculous way of looking at it lol. You're basically saying show me what I want or nothing. No one should have expected anything but a trailer this year and that's exactly what we got, Xbox Scarlett isn't even finished and neither is Halo Infinite so why would get anything else but teasers? With this trailer we got a bunch of nods to old school Halo and signs of what's to come. Things change over a course of a year that's why we got a teaser.

Lol cod is out in Oct and we're getting gameplay for the first time in a few days.
The first two trailers are nothing more than tech demos. After hunt for the truth I think the actual trailers and marketing better be in locke and step with what H6 really is
Not disappointed because it is too early for anything, but there are things bothering me. Looks like 343 is only focusing on fan service for now. Nothing substantial about the story, one liner lifeless Chief, plastic looking armor. Let's wait and see.
Both trailers so far have given us a sense of mystery and Marines in trouble/danger, then Chief showing up as a symbol of hope towards the end... I think that's what they're trying to do with these trailers, yeah they focus on other things, but it's always Chief appearing that kicks off the triumphant music and the feeling of hope.

With that being said though, I felt a bit underwhelmed at this trailer and didn't really appreciate it focusing mostly on a new character. For the hype they're trying to build they should focus on vague things as well as the Chief, like last years trailer, then as they release more info they can include news on the characters, not make a new character one of the main focuses for a teaser. Seems weird and Guardiansish, like a step back, but of course, it's still too early to call.
Nope. I think what they showed and told us was perfect. I'm not going to be disappointed with the first cut scene of the game when its a year and a half away
I still don't know what to expect or what the games about so I'm keeping myself neither hyped nor disappointed.

This wasn't the E3 for us to make judgements from as the trailer was just to build nostalgic hype and remind us the games getting closer. People shouldn't really be getting hyped yet anyway. Youtubers are raking in stacks off this one little teaser so be careful not to fall for the hype. Hold your disappointment for a year and then see.

The trailer however didn't really have too much going on and weirdly took place all inside the bay of a pelican, not the most exciting of locations to have chief fished out into. They could have done more with the setting but instead chose to have half of it with a marine fumbling around and then staring at a halo ring. The halo ring part was cool but we have seen it before, they could have had the ring explode in the shot, may not fit the narrative they are building but as an example it could have been more exciting.

It seems that the hole purpose of the trailer was to show off the nostalgia of master chief, the musical score and the halo ring. All of this was very nice to see but the issue is we've seen it all before.

The art style looks real nice though but the ratio of chiefs chest to arm ratio is really bugging me.
I enjoyed the trailer. And am very hyped for Halo Infinite.

My only issue was with his cartoony Halo Legends Mega Blocks/Lego looking armor. (I have no issue with the Mark IV armor). It just looked cartoony. Especially considering that last years E3 Halo Infinite trailer his armor looked sleek. And realistic.

Makes me wonder if we can change his armors in the game. Which would be awesome.
Not disappointed because it is too early for anything, but there are things bothering me. Looks like 343 is only focusing on fan service for now. Nothing substantial about the story, one liner lifeless Chief, plastic looking armor. Let's wait and see.
They could be holding story details so they don't get called out like Halo 5. Not saying what we're seeing is going to be as over-exaggerated as Halo 5's marketing but in today's ultra-sensitive gaming community anything that we see in an E3 trailer could break the game if changed later. Since the game's still a year and a half away, a fair amount could change.
Fans need to make up their mine what they want, people hated how the art and graphics were before and now we get the original style back and people are mad? One linear chief, come on dude. He barely talks in any trailer or games. No one can complain about the story yet because we have no idea what it's about yet.
Then why show anything at all? I'd honestly rather see nothing than something that does not resonate in the slightest bit
I personally think that is ridiculous way of looking at it lol. You're basically saying show me what I want or nothing. No one should have expected anything but a trailer this year and that's exactly what we got, Xbox Scarlett isn't even finished and neither is Halo Infinite so why would get anything else but teasers? With this trailer we got a bunch of nods to old school Halo and signs of what's to come. Things change over a course of a year that's why we got a teaser.

Lol cod is out in Oct and we're getting gameplay for the first time in a few days.
I wasn't expecting anything specific, but I feel like what we got was 6 minutes of nothing, and if that's all they could afford to show I would rather they don't. I just felt that teaser had nothing new to say and paled in comparison with last year's, and also I'm not excited for this CE rehash they're clearly setting up
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I'm mostly ambivalent. Asides from the cool music and return to classic Halo's art style, nothing really got me super excited. We still don't really know anything about this game. Plus I was one of the people who hated Halo 5 and the introduction of the Created. I doubt anything will make me excited for Halo Infinite's story after Halo 5 let me down so badly with its nonsensical direction for the series and dishonest marketing.
Fans need to make up their mine what they want, people hated how the art and graphics were before and now we get the original style back and people are mad? One linear chief, come on dude. He barely talks in any trailer or games. No one can complain about the story yet because we have no idea what it's about yet.
But we do. They are telegraphing that this is going to be CE all over again
That is just speculation, is their nods to the original Halos, yes but in no way do we know it will be a complete copy and paste. Might be nods throughout the campaign though.m
I get the disappointment , but think about it. CE really created more questions than it answered by the end of the game. So do you really want a "trailer" that spells everything out for you , or just a nice little glimpse at what we should expect?

Personally , I think people are giving the "new character" to much weight. He was simply a vessel , for the viewers to relate to. Easy to relate to a terrified person in a broken down vehicle in the middle no where. I think most of us have had a similar experience , or know someone who has. We have all been there , knowing we are going to be stuck there for.........ever........when some one you never expected shows up to help out! Woo hoo! , I'm going (home , to the party , where ever)! , you get the point.

You get a great nostalgia inducing , Classic Chief line. You get the info that for better or worse the Chief and Cortana schism is likely ending.
I mean to much more and why play it?
If you take your time to look at the trailer then there is plenty to discuss and theorize about. Chiefs new armor being GEN 3 and having countermeasures against A.I. Why is Chief floating in space, what happened to Zeta Halo? These are just a few things that popped up during the trailer for me. About the "not showing anything since it's a year and a half out" Halo has had a super dry period. Literally fans and Youtubers have been begging for Infinite info. If 343 didn't at least tease the game a bit this year then fans would be way more upset than they are now. Honestly I expected Halo to be a 2020 game because I knew that development was still early and there were rumors for a new 2020 Xbox. So personally the trailer was enough to give me some juice till they at least announce the flight program. E3 2020 is a year away but I can be patient, as long as this game turns out to be amazing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4