Anyone else severely disappointed?

OP ran and shai

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Im not trying to be mean but who the YOINK would be dissapointed at it 343 are in there place now they have this nailed down to a brick
Sunsdune wrote:
I get the disappointment , but think about it. CE really created more questions than it answered by the end of the game. So do you really want a "trailer" that spells everything out for you , or just a nice little glimpse at what we should expect?

Personally , I think people are giving the "new character" to much weight. He was simply a vessel , for the viewers to relate to. Easy to relate to a terrified person in a broken down vehicle in the middle no where. I think most of us have had a similar experience , or know someone who has. We have all been there , knowing we are going to be stuck there for.........ever........when some one you never expected shows up to help out! Woo hoo! , I'm going (home , to the party , where ever)! , you get the point.

You get a great nostalgia inducing , Classic Chief line. You get the info that for better or worse the Chief and Cortana schism is likely ending.
I mean to much more and why play it?
Nostalgia isn't gonna cut it this time. We need a story that is good and takes the universe in an interesting direction. The vibe I'm getting from this trailer is that 343i are saying we can forget everything that happened before because this is a "spiritual reboot" and a "good place for new players to enter" and because instead of showing relevant, interesting characters set up in Halo 5 we mostly see a new character. And as said above, these teasers are trying to get us to cheer for a "return to classic Halo" with a ring, and the old art style, and the old armor, and the silent, brooding Master Chief. Honestly, that might excited other people, but for me it's not enough. I would much rather they go forwards and learn from their mistakes and tell an interesting story than just scrap everything and do a CE rehash, which is the only thing we can expect based on given info.

It's possible that there is more to this game but it's also possible that there isn't. It's possible that this really will be a regash that casts aside Halsey, Blue Team and the Infinity in favor of a nostalgia circle jerk and if that is the case I'm not at all interested
Ugh I hate to agree with people that just wanna look on the negative side of things.

I mean hey we got something this time around, that's something good. But you are absolutely right this was a bit of a let down. I couldn't even relic in steves brief moment of dialog or really relate on a personal level with the new marine character.

WE DIDNT EVEN SEE CORTANA!

No real plot, no basis of the game, no new modes, no new weapon showcase, no real correlation to project scarlet other than it releases along side it. (Not even a graphic comparison from old gen to new gen.)

Just a bunch of nonsense. I will admit im looking forward to this game as I do every Halo game. Just don't repeat Halo 5 I BEG YOU!
I agree with the OP. The trailer was almost a gimmick to get us talking about Halo Infinite without show casing anything cool. The pilot seemed like a cool character, but without him being in any other game we dont care about him. People wanted to find out more about what the story is going to be about, maybe even some slight gameplay.
I disagree and feel the complete opposite. I think that trailer showed me a lot and I'm more hyped than ever for Infinite. Also, it was only a few minutes and they got me to care more about that pilot than all of the characters in H5 and I don't even know the dude's name, that's pretty impressive to me.
I'm kind of having the same feelings, it seems like they give the community a few nostalgic elements (old shield sound, steves voice, more classical armour) and the community is drooling all over the place.
However, compared to h5's huge advertising campaign, where 343i cornered themselves into a certain plot scheme which as we all know backfired horribly when the game released, I think giving us just an idea of h6(infinite) is the better way of handling things after all.
Severely disappointed ? No, I stated in another thread that I though we would be in for a shock at E3, and the entire show was lacking imo. What we got to see about Halo was lacking imo and I thought that they would not cover or show certain things, but we're not entitled we'll have to wait. I'm more hyped for DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Jedi, The Surge 2 and Cyberpunk. Not one Xbox Game Game studio title has my interest at this time.
It is as evident as it has been since Reach, that Halos community has way too high expectations every time something new is shown.
Last year was more of an ENGINE trailer, rather than a game announcement trailer. This year was the true teaser for Halo: Infinity, note TEASER.

When Halo 4 and 5 both had their teasers, we also only got a glimt of what was to come.
Halo 4: Chief wakes up aboard the Foward Unto Dawn, blasts through in zero-g and sees the planet before hime.
Halo 5: Chief walks in a desert and suddenly a wild guardian appears

And now Halo 6: Chief is rescued by a UNSC pilot, only to be awakened to the horror of a loss and a broken ring. A mysterious entity intercepts the pelican and once again, we have to wait and see what happens. We're just so lucky that we got to see this teaser IN-GAME rather than a CGI like 4 and 5.

So it's the same tradition pretty much, tease one year and reveal the game next year. It is way too early to be dissapointed, considering E3 2020 will show the ACTUAL game.
Halo 6 is getting the same treatment as previous Halo games, with a teaser one year prior to release tho Infinity got an engine trailer but ey, excitement enough for me.
How about we let 343 get a bit of space and realize what we actually DID get from the trailer?

Chiefs badass new Gen III Mark VI suit. Classic shield recharge sound, Soundtrack that is pumped full of classic feels and a mysterious new, yet familiar track. Cortanas voice. AND a freakin' Halo ring that has been damaged by god knows what. We'll hopefully see more before the next E3 but if not, the bright site for everyone: The next E3 is half a year before release, so by then you can decide if you wanna get it or not.
eviltedi wrote:
Severely disappointed ? No, I stated in another thread that I though we would be in for a shock at E3, and the entire show was lacking imo. What we got to see about Halo was lacking imo and I thought that they would not cover or show certain things, but we're not entitled we'll have to wait. I'm more hyped for DOOM Eternal, Wolfenstein Youngblood, Jedi, The Surge 2 and Cyberpunk. Not one Xbox Game Game studio title has my interest at this time.
The Fable leaks were bs and that also disappointed me. I agree none of the exclusives were on point for Xbox
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Not disappointed because it is too early for anything, but there are things bothering me. Looks like 343 is only focusing on fan service for now. Nothing substantial about the story, one liner lifeless Chief, plastic looking armor. Let's wait and see.
Fans need to make up their mine what they want, people hated how the art and graphics were before and now we get the original style back and people are mad? One linear chief, come on dude. He barely talks in any trailer or games. No one can complain about the story yet because we have no idea what it's about yet.
People are just crazy because the sound of the shield regen is like CE, the music and armor is recycled. Not saying this is bad by any means, but fan service only does not make a good game (still too soon to say).
I've been around since CE. I've seen all the highs and lows of the Halo franchise and I'm mixed with this E3 Halo information, trailer and what not, but I'm more encourage then I was before or have been for a long time.

I was disappointed that we saw zero gameplay but I wasn't surprised. I was expecting some kind of rough release date for the first beta test, like summer of 2020 or something.

I loved the music/sounds and the look of the trailer. The music was huge for me. The fact they are finally using all the old themes that we know and love is a great sign. For the first time in a very long time, I feel like maybe, just maybe 343I is finally getting it. I also love the fact that it's going to launch with the new system too 👍
Everything we saw is a marketing tactic & trust me the real deal is gonna be when we're gonna watch the gameplay. Also there's always this distance between fans & developer. They never show up to talk about the game where the development is going? They just send two teaser & two pages of the artistic details in game. That make me worried about the production. I would think this is gonna be the best halo but i think my expectation will finish with MCC on the computer & that's it.

This years is a let down for me. 5 minutes of marketing teaser don't show the real potential of the game. Also if you demonstrate the engine developer as created since
Halo 4 or 5. I'm like men show us some respect & tell us what is going on. I don't know maybe bring some pizza in a stream & tell us about Halo game baby!
Everything we saw is a marketing tactic & trust me the real deal is gonna be when we're gonna watch the gameplay. Also there's always this distance between fans & developer. They never show up to talk about the game where the development is going? They just send two teaser & two pages of the artistic details in game. That make me worried about the production. I would think this is gonna be the best halo but i think my expectation will finish with MCC on the computer & that's it.

This years is a let down for me. 5 minutes of marketing teaser don't show the real potential of the game. Also if you demonstrate the engine developer as created since
Halo 4 or 5. I'm like men show us some respect & tell us what is going on. I don't know maybe bring some pizza in a stream & tell us about Halo game baby!
This is the first Cutscene of the game!Haven't you heard that already?I'ts not a marketing teaser.This is how Halo Infinite will begin!

This is the first Cutscene of the game!Haven't you heard that already?I'ts not a marketing teaser.This is how Halo Infinite will begin!
E3 is an exciting time for the entire video game industry, but for our team at 343 Industries it also marks a new beginning. Last year we unveiled a first look at Halo Infinite and a glimpse of our new Slipspace Engine; built from the ground up to power the future of our game. This year our story-driven teaser, created with that same engine, unveils the beginning of the narrative marking the next chapter of the Master Chief’s story.
I was disappointed. I love the Chief's new armor and the music, which definitely got me hyped. The majority of the trailer was spent doing nothing, just kinda panning the camera around the pilot. A year ago we got a glimpse of what to expect, they had been working on this game since Halo 5 was released with an anticipated release date of 2019. Now, we still don't know anything except for it is going to be released in 2020.

Halo 5 ended with Chief meeting with Halsey, Osiris, Blue team and the Arbiter (possibly the best scene in the game, which isn't really saying much). What happened from that point to the beginning of Infinite?

E3 is an exciting time for the entire video game industry, but for our team at 343 Industries it also marks a new beginning. Last year we unveiled a first look at Halo Infinite and a glimpse of our new Slipspace Engine; built from the ground up to power the future of our game. This year our story-driven teaser, created with that same engine, unveils the beginning of the narrative marking the next chapter of the Master Chief’s story.
Since then it was said multiple times by 343 that this was indeed how the Halo Infinite begins.Maybe they meant teaser cause there was 1 more scene after the Cutscene with Cortana.

Since then it was said multiple times by 343 that this was indeed how the Halo Infinite begins.Maybe they meant teaser cause there was 1 more scene after the Cutscene with Cortana.
I hope men but too much hasn't been deliver right now. I wait until next year about that decision but like i said. It's a let down.
The only reason a game is good is because it's fun. I don't see fun right now.
The trialer showed the direction they are talking and how it conects to halo 5. I noticed 5 ends with running, but the trailer we got ends with fighting, even though the soldier sugests that they run. The trailer also gos back to the theme of fighting against all odds, something we lost in 4 and 5 becuase humans were back kn top again after the war with the covanant. Sure 5 had some mystery and destruction, loss of human lives to the guardians, but it wasnt like the scale of the covenant war.

Also, the unsc soldier was excited to see a spartan in his time of need, much like older halo games where john was seen as a glimer of hope. Like when that blind marine in that past halo game... i wana say halo 3, any way, he was excited to hear that there was a spartan, and he though that other might be messing with him. In 5 we saw that meridian wasn't to kind to unsc, which i get and was interesting, but in infinte it looks like we might get a sense of unity again, both in mankind and in military. And people did want the new halo to be more of a military shooter.

We also saw that we get lots of halo gameplay, something we didnt see in halo 4 or 5. We got lots of foruner things but no actual halo. But we see john in a actual halo control room! You know intread of the arc or sheild world.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4