Anyone else severely disappointed?

OP ran and shai

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
In my humble opinion the trailer was a complete let down. We had no actual game play and no showing of anything other than the Chief and a pilot that can cry. The chief shooting "something" is all that really needed to be shown and I would have been ecstatic.

Halo 5's story of Cortana going crazy did not sit well with me at all. I'd be all in favor of retconning Halo 5 entirely.

The other thing is that it's a "launch" game for Xbox Scarlet but they also kept saying it would be available on PC and the Xbox One family. Does that mean existing Xbox Ones can run Halo Infinity or will it require the new Xbox console to play?

I realize I'm in the minority here but I also don't trust anything 343 says until it's delivered. They said splitscreen would be in Halo 5 and after repeated misteps and lies they dropped it entirely. If they showed splitscreen with LAN in a multiplayer or couch co-op demo that would have won E3. As it was it's 6 minutes that proved they can render a Master Chief and make an NPC cry. Good for you.
Regice554 wrote:
But we already knew all of that before that trailer aired. There was nothing actually new (other than the pilot), surprising or engaging in that trailer. And by the way John jumping out of the Pelican makes no sense at all. It's honestly stupid as hell. Does he plan to shoot at a guardian with a frickin assault rifle?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Regice554 wrote:
But we already knew all of that before that trailer aired. There was nothing actually new (other than the pilot), surprising or engaging in that trailer. And by the way John jumping out of the Pelican makes no sense at all. It's honestly stupid as hell. Does he plan to shoot at a guardian with a frickin assault rifle?
We dont even know what he is fighting, it could be something smaller and something he can board. And what else can he do? For all we know the pelican has no means of defence or assault. Plus For all we know, john was killing what ever was scaning the pelican and winning, and then he got sent into space adrift.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
We dont even know what he is fighting, it could be something smaller and something he can board. And what else can he do? For all we know the pelican has no means of defence or assault. Plus For all we know, john was killing what ever was scaning the pelican and winning, and then he got sent into space adrift.
My point is that it looked silly and it would have helped the trailer by a longshot if we'd have seen what was actually scanning the Pelican, even just a short glimpse outside. All those pretty new engine graphics were wasted on a gray Pelican backdoor
So I've been following the Halo Universe for half of my life, and I've always loved it. I went as far as to read the books and even write some short fics on this very forum. But since Halo 5 released, my excitement towards this universe was for all intents and purposes extinguished thanks in no small part to the Created arc and 343i's fumbled handling of beloved characters.

To be honest, 343i have a difficult task ahead of them if they plan to get me back on board with this once exciting universe.

And they aren't doing good so far.

Let's talk about that trailer. That trailer that showed next to nothing we care about (no, a few seconds of Steve Downs' deep voice will not get us hyped for this next campaign). Instead, it focused on a new character (which, honestly, who cares) for more than half of the rather timid footage. And then it shows a ring (last year's news!). And that's it.

Last year's trailer was so much more. This year? Nothing worth even discussing on this forum.

That's all you could come up with, 343i? I feel like this is a huge setback. That they'd think *that* trailer would get fans going. It's like they've completely lost touch with what gets us hyped...

Sorry for this rant, just wondering if I'm the only one who's grumpy or this is an actual problem. Please share your thoughts below.

Mod edit: Moved to Infinite
Agree, they have been in DEV for five years, why can't we see what the game is shaping up to be, Next Year should strictly be fine tuning unless they are behind schedule. I get it a lot can change in a year but how much could change if they were in DEV for 4 and a half years. Sorry, in my opinion, they should have just waited until next e3.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
My point is that it looked silly and it would have helped the trailer by a longshot if we'd have seen what was actually scanning the Pelican, even just a short glimpse outside. All those pretty new engine graphics were wasted on a gray Pelican backdoor
Why would they ruin the plot of the game, and the mystery, when they just blew the most money they ever spent on a halo game. Im assuming We arnt going to see anything really special untill a year or more later.

Either way, many of us are excited to see whats out side that gray pelican backdoor.
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Regice554 wrote:
Why would they ruin the plot of the game, and the mystery, when they just blew the most money they ever spent on a halo game. Im assuming We arnt going to see anything really special untill a year or more later.

Either way, many of us are excited to see whats out side that gray pelican backdoor.
Ha, my guess is THEY don't know what's behind the door. Don't worry they have a year and a half to figure it out. Then we can buy the unlock disk and download 100 GBs of data as it won't be done in time for pressing the disks.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4