Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

AR is too strong

OP Devonstrate

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hopefully the assault rifle gets a much needed nerf before the launch on this game , headshot multiplier is unnecessary and the gun does a ridiculous amount of damage mid to long range. There’s almost no need to use any other weapon because everyone just can spray and pray now smh please fix !
No nerf needed for the AR, defend yourself with the SK, problem solved...
Now will you say that the SK is overpowered or that you cannot use it?
The AR is class in this game, I love it. The only AR nerf I want to see is in toy stores.

It still gets beaten by the Sidekick at close range and Commando at mid range, BR at long range.

The weapon is just much better than it used to be and I think casual Halo will be better for it. The thing is actually a beast now, it's great.
I feel like the AR is in a decent spot. The blue/green plasma weapons need to get buffed somehow because I've never felt like they are necessary. The red ones are fine.
I personally like the AR as it is right now..... If there is any nerf. I say a 5% nerf to the range.
I think the AR needs to be somewhere in between H5 and infinite. It's the primary weapon and its current state and it's not fun. I prefer skilled weapons over spray weapons. The percentage of kills via the AR are waaaay too high. Halo is about skill and precision and the AR retracts from that. To me it should be a viable secondary to SK, not a primary weapon.
The AR is just fine the way they have it. Perfect starting weapon.
The AR needs a sound retuning. That's my only issue with it. Doesn't sound aggressive enough or doesn't feel like I'm shooting a weapon.
TJY1972 wrote:
No nerf needed for the AR, defend yourself with the SK, problem solved...
Now will you say that the SK is overpowered or that you cannot use it?
The Sidekick sucks. It's optimal ttk is technically faster if you spam it at closer range. But it's a 7sk which on top of being too many shots is over half the weapons magazine size. And even if you have perfect aim while slamming the trigger it has random spread via bloom.

The sidekick is designed not as a reliable sidearm, but as a throw away secondary used almost exclusively as alternative to reloading your primary.

The Halo Reach Magnum was very similar, but at least it was a 5sk instead of 7. And the AR in Reach was much less viable at range, had a shorter magazine (only one kill per mag rather than two), and a much slower kill time.

This is not a balanced loadout. Buffing the Sidekick significantly is a consideration, but the AR still needs a nerf.
Hopefully the assault rifle gets a much needed nerf before the launch on this game , headshot multiplier is unnecessary and the gun does a ridiculous amount of damage mid to long range. There’s almost no need to use any other weapon because everyone just can spray and pray now smh please fix !
It has a faster Time to Kill than the BR, which is fine in close quarters, but when people can pop you in BTB from outside of Radar range its a bit much.

Dont know if the damage needs to be nerfed, but the accurate Range definitely need to be toned down.

Remember that Time to Kill is cut in half when more than one person is shooting at you, so if you stumble into to two enemies and they hose you down there isnt any room for outplay. I can confidently take on multiple enemies in any other Halo game by myself. The Time to Kill on the Infinite Assault Rifle allows me to walk into the room only to realize I -Yoinked!- up.
TJY1972 wrote:
No nerf needed for the AR, defend yourself with the SK, problem solved...
Now will you say that the SK is overpowered or that you cannot use it?
The Sidekick sucks. It's optimal ttk is technically faster if you spam it at closer range. But it's a 7sk which on top of being too many shots is over half the weapons magazine size. And even if you have perfect aim while slamming the trigger it has random spread via bloom.

The sidekick is designed not as a reliable sidearm, but as a throw away secondary used almost exclusively as alternative to reloading your primary.

The Halo Reach Magnum was very similar, but at least it was a 5sk instead of 7. And the AR in Reach was much less viable at range, had a shorter magazine (only one kill per mag rather than two), and a much slower kill time.

This is not a balanced loadout. Buffing it Sidekick Significantly is a consideration, but the AR still needs a nerf.
I agree to disagree with you...
The Sidekick may suck for you, but I did quite a lot of damage with it, especially against the AR sprayers.
Now if you people have a problem getting killed by AR gunfire, why don't you try using it yourself.
I enjoy the AR but I started to feel like it was a bit too effective at longer ranges. It could use a bit more bullet spread I think.
I think the AR needs a bit of a tweak, but it's almost fine where it's at right now. I actually like being able to feel comfortable with the AR unlike other Halo games where I just ditch the AR immediately.
Ken2379 wrote:
The AR is class in this game, I love it. The only AR nerf I want to see is in toy stores.

It still gets beaten by the Sidekick at close range and Commando at mid range, BR at long range.

The weapon is just much better than it used to be and I think casual Halo will be better for it. The thing is actually a beast now, it's great.
You do realize that to say that its "much better than it used to be" is taking into consideration 20 years of Halo right?

Halo Infinite AR is the strongest AR the series has ever had, so it'll probably be nerfed or become a pickup weapon. To put this into perspective pros (as in actual professionals) would swap their pistol with power weapons, even they wouldn't drop the AR which just goes to show how strong it is compared to other guns.
AR is not too strong, it's the opposite : Shields are too weak.
Shields are getting killed by everything except the one thing that should logically be killing it, the Plasma Pistol.
it easily has too much range. I shouldn't get getting melted by an auto halfway across the map. halo 4 was peak assault rifle balance.
Ken2379 wrote:
You do realize that to say that its "much better than it used to be" is taking into consideration 20 years of Halo right?

Halo Infinite AR is the strongest AR the series has ever had, so it'll probably be nerfed or become a pickup weapon. To put this into perspective pros (as in actual professionals) would swap their pistol with power weapons, even they wouldn't drop the AR which just goes to show how strong it is compared to other guns.
Yeah Halo has never really had a decent assault rifle. It's class. Depends on the map and the game though, Sidekick is worth keeping depending on what weapon you're picking up and what you are trying to achieve. If you are holding down the control point of a room in Fragmentation then you are better off having a Sidekick.

Plus they have to drop something, in Halo 3 AR starts you would drop the pistol for the BR, not the AR. What's the difference?

I love the fact there's actually reasons to drop either rather than it being a foregone conclusion. They've made the AR this way intentionally, I cannot see them nerfing it or stopping it being a starting weapon in Social.
I like the damage that the AR does, but I think that it could be nerfed by reducing the accuracy of the gun at long range.
TJY1972 wrote:
TJY1972 wrote:
No nerf needed for the AR, defend yourself with the SK, problem solved...
Now will you say that the SK is overpowered or that you cannot use it?
The Sidekick sucks. It's optimal ttk is technically faster if you spam it at closer range. But it's a 7sk which on top of being too many shots is over half the weapons magazine size. And even if you have perfect aim while slamming the trigger it has random spread via bloom.

The sidekick is designed not as a reliable sidearm, but as a throw away secondary used almost exclusively as alternative to reloading your primary.

The Halo Reach Magnum was very similar, but at least it was a 5sk instead of 7. And the AR in Reach was much less viable at range, had a shorter magazine (only one kill per mag rather than two), and a much slower kill time.

This is not a balanced loadout. Buffing it Sidekick Significantly is a consideration, but the AR still needs a nerf.
I agree to disagree with you...
The Sidekick may suck for you, but I did quite a lot of damage with it, especially against the AR sprayers.
Now if you people have a problem getting killed by AR gunfire, why don't you try using it yourself.
Think you're missing the point. We don't want to rely on a spray weapon because we have to. This is halo, give me a precision weapon that requires skill.not a spray and pray weapon. The AR meta is incredibly boring and repetitive.
Ken2379 wrote:
Ken2379 wrote:
You do realize that to say that its "much better than it used to be" is taking into consideration 20 years of Halo right?

Halo Infinite AR is the strongest AR the series has ever had, so it'll probably be nerfed or become a pickup weapon. To put this into perspective pros (as in actual professionals) would swap their pistol with power weapons, even they wouldn't drop the AR which just goes to show how strong it is compared to other guns.
Yeah Halo has never really had a decent assault rifle. It's class. Depends on the map and the game though, Sidekick is worth keeping depending on what weapon you're picking up and what you are trying to achieve. If you are holding down the control point of a room in Fragmentation then you are better off having a Sidekick.

Plus they have to drop something, in Halo 3 AR starts you would drop the pistol for the BR, not the AR. What's the difference?

I love the fact there's actually reasons to drop either rather than it being a foregone conclusion. They've made the AR this way intentionally, I cannot see them nerfing it or stopping it being a starting weapon in Social.
The reason it is difficult to compare each Halo is because the balancing isn't exactly the same. Your point about Halo 3 is terrible because the pistol in that game was drastically worse than the Halo Infinite sidekick. The point about BTB is also pretty silly because BTB and 4v4 aren't the same, I would argue that probably either the AR or the sidekick are terrible, like if you are getting the stronghold in that room (the one in the middle of the map) you'd just use that shotgun on the wall instead.

The AR being super strong doesn't sound so bad when you first hear about it, but when you consider how it trivializes shotguns or any CQC weapon then it starts to be problematic. I don't see this as being a big deal, they'll simply make it so you can't snipe people across the map with it (like its been in every single halo game up until this point) and everything will be fine.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3