AR is too strong

OP Devonstrate

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
TR3YFIVE wrote:
I think the AR needs to be somewhere in between H5 and infinite. It's the primary weapon and its current state and it's not fun. I prefer skilled weapons over spray weapons. The percentage of kills via the AR are waaaay too high. Halo is about skill and precision and the AR retracts from that. To me it should be a viable secondary to SK, not a primary weapon.
It's not a sprayed weapon at range. It turns into a skilled weapon because you have to feather or burst the trigger for the shot to land at range. So you are saying you liked skilled weapons? Well that's halo infinite's AR. Unless you mean skilled as in Everytime you pull the trigger the shots land. Not much skill in that
TR3YFIVE wrote:
I think the AR needs to be somewhere in between H5 and infinite. It's the primary weapon and its current state and it's not fun. I prefer skilled weapons over spray weapons. The percentage of kills via the AR are waaaay too high. Halo is about skill and precision and the AR retracts from that. To me it should be a viable secondary to SK, not a primary weapon.
It's not a sprayed weapon at range. It turns into a skilled weapon because you have to feather or burst the trigger for the shot to land at range. So you are saying you liked skilled weapons? Well that's halo infinite's AR. Unless you mean skilled as in Everytime you pull the trigger the shots land. Not much skill in that
real
I enjoy the AR but I started to feel like it was a bit too effective at longer ranges. It could use a bit more bullet spread I think.
I enjoyed it too, tbh. But it was too easy to use, especially on long-range.

On slayer maps it's not necessary to pick up other guns, you can easily dominate only with the AR. <-- Not necessarily a bad thing, but i think it gets boring really quick. Don't get me wrong, it's really cool that the AR is a reliable weapon now, and full-auto is fun! But in long term, the gameplay is more quality and fun if the precision weapons are the main thing to go (so i believe).

The following small adjustments would balance that:
  • More Bullet spread on long-range, it's a bit too easy to use and hit on long-range --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmfmmOkUvco
  • Maybe no headshot multiplier (Usually it's a good thing to foster precision, but maybe it's a bit too strong in the case of the AR, IDK)
I think more nerfing than that, would be too much and the AR would get too weak.
To be honest, I think the AR is probably the best thing about Infinite. I did all the flights, and I'm not thrilled. Most players seem very excited, but I'm not. I'm going to give it a shot when it launches see if my opinion has changed. If not I'm sticking with the MCC. But the AR is probably the best it has ever been in infinite, at least functionally. Not a fan of the design. Looks too much like Reach, needs to look more like halo 3 - 5. I mean does this game take place after 5 otherwise continuity is an issue here.
Hopefully the assault rifle gets a much needed nerf before the launch on this game , headshot multiplier is unnecessary and the gun does a ridiculous amount of damage mid to long range. There’s almost no need to use any other weapon because everyone just can spray and pray now smh please fix !
"... because everyone just can spray and pray"

And we don't want everyone to have fun....
TR3YFIVE wrote:
SCH 343 wrote:
TR3YFIVE wrote:
TR3YFIVE wrote:
TJY1972 wrote:
TJY1972 wrote:
No nerf needed for the AR, defend yourself with the SK, problem solved...
Now will you say that the SK is overpowered or that you cannot use it?
The Sidekick sucks. It's optimal ttk is technically faster if you spam it at closer range. But it's a 7sk which on top of being too many shots is over half the weapons magazine size. And even if you have perfect aim while slamming the trigger it has random spread via bloom.

The sidekick is designed not as a reliable sidearm, but as a throw away secondary used almost exclusively as alternative to reloading your primary.

The Halo Reach Magnum was very similar, but at least it was a 5sk instead of 7. And the AR in Reach was much less viable at range, had a shorter magazine (only one kill per mag rather than two), and a much slower kill time.

This is not a balanced loadout. Buffing it Sidekick Significantly is a consideration, but the AR still needs a nerf.
I agree to disagree with you...
The Sidekick may suck for you, but I did quite a lot of damage with it, especially against the AR sprayers.
Now if you people have a problem getting killed by AR gunfire, why don't you try using it yourself.
Think you're missing the point. We don't want to rely on a spray weapon because we have to. This is halo, give me a precision weapon that requires skill.not a spray and pray weapon. The AR meta is incredibly boring and repetitive.
Okay lets say they adjust the game to your standards. What about all the people that feel like precision weapons are boring and don't feel rewarding because they have to activatly fight the aiming to get shots. What about people that find relaxing on there couch holding the trigger and just point in the general direction of the enemy the most rewarding gameplay?

343 if trying to please both crowds by making precision weapons super powerful at medium and long range and the AR powerful at close and medium range. Those medium range engagements is where the kill can go either way or be a draw which is super fun for both precision and auto players alike. In the past only the precision player had fun and the auto play was forced to use precision weapons or just wait until they could get a super close range engagement. In Halo Infinite that is no longer a problem and it's awesome!

Also anyone that sayes the AR is effective at "long" range is just wrong or you don't know what long range is. I never lost to any AR at long range when I had the BR so I'm not sure what you are talking about.
Simple, play battlefield or cod. Halo has never been about spray and pray weapons being primaries.
"Simple, play battlefield or cod."

Says the Sales Rep for Battlefield and Call of Duty.

"Halo has never been about spray and pray weapons being primaries."

And maybe that's why far more people play Fortnite and Apex Legends, etc....
Personally I love the AR in Infinite. If anything, maybe lower the range or headshot multiplier.
Ido think only semi-automatic weapons should have the multiplier, and with the distance it's too easy to stop a sniper trying to hit you since you zoom out on hit. Also, that charging handle is massive , could it get a shrink? XD
The AR simply needs a little more bullet spread. It shouldn't beat a BR at mid range. That said, I never understood why fans hate the idea of a starter weapon being good that's NOT the BR. A good sandbox requires all weapons to either be useful or have some advantage over others.
This clip says it all. Watch how fast the health bar depletes upon losing shields. It's ridiculous.

https://gameclips.io/perfectXzerO/95d91d11-8f6c-4610-bbab-014026d028ef
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3