OP Killer Kane OO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Arbiter and blue team should get some kind of presence. I imagine the Arbiter will be to busy with his own problems to help or be seen in the game though. Sadly no Master Cheif and Arbiter moments. And blue team must be helping out somewhere. Theyll probably make a book about blue team fighting another AI elsewhere during infinites time line.

I don't think there's an issue of two many characters though. Between say Palmer, Lasky and this new pilot and Halsey that's about the same cast size as Halo 3. With Locke (who should get a role I feel, his character could become a fan favourite in one well done scene) and Arbiter and one or two blue team members it's about Reach size. Keep in mind these characters can just appear on voice chatter from other areas of the battlefield and in cutscenes.
1. Arby already dealt with the Storm Covenant so Arby’s only real problem at the moment is everyone else’s problem.
2. Just about nobody likes Palmer so I doubt she’ll get much screen time if at all.
3. Halo 5’s portrayal of Locke and his portrayal in hunt the truth beforehand leading up to what actually happened have severely damaged Locke as a character an with Halo 5 in fresh memory, it will be extremely hard to get most of the fan base actually liking him, let alone being a favorite character (favorite character is farther than a long shot).
tL Armada wrote:
We need that HalseyXBlue TeamXArbiter crossover they promised us, and instead we are getting yet another soft reboot. Yikes, the more I think about it the worse it gets
When did they promise this?
The end of Halo 5 was literally that. If you do a cliffhanger, you better pick up where you left off
You are acting like you want them as main characters, but the problem with that is that they would have so much development to do for all of this characters that it would be another Halo 5 in terms of character development.
Having character development for multiple characters isn't as daunting as you're making it seem. Halo 5's issue was introducing two full Spartan teams and a new enemy faction with little expansion upon them. Just... nothing really happened with them.
Halo Infinite could easily have Blue team be a part of the main narrative with Chief and it not take away from Chief's story. Case in point: Both Halo Reach and Halo 3: ODST had an ensemble cast and people enjoyed the characters.
How the characters are used is very important; if they're just there to fill a roster for co-op then yes, they will be lackluster, but having them interweave in the actual story can (and often does) justify their inclusion.
I totally agree, blue team didnt get a chance/time to shine in halo 5 but infinite could be their time to get the introduction they deserved especially with the spiritual reboot/jumping on point 343 is going for. Cheif can still be the main character while also having a strong supporting cast with blue team. Plus it only makes sense for Chief to be with his squad.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
We need that HalseyXBlue TeamXArbiter crossover they promised us, and instead we are getting yet another soft reboot. Yikes, the more I think about it the worse it gets
The end of Halo 5 was literally that. If you do a cliffhanger, you better pick up where you left off
You are acting like you want them as main characters, but the problem with that is that they would have so much development to do for all of this characters that it would be another Halo 5 in terms of character development.
Having character development for multiple characters isn't as daunting as you're making it seem. Halo 5's issue was introducing two full Spartan teams and a new enemy faction with little expansion upon them. Just... nothing really happened with them.
Halo Infinite could easily have Blue team be a part of the main narrative with Chief and it not take away from Chief's story. Case in point: Both Halo Reach and Halo 3: ODST had an ensemble cast and people enjoyed the characters.
How the characters are used is very important; if they're just there to fill a roster for co-op then yes, they will be lackluster, but having them interweave in the actual story can (and often does) justify their inclusion.
I totally agree, blue team didnt get a chance/time to shine in halo 5 but infinite could be their time to get the introduction they deserved especially with the spiritual reboot/jumping on point 343 is going for. Cheif can still be the main character while also having a strong supporting cast with blue team. Plus it only makes sense for Chief to be with his squad.
Actually it is Fred’s squad, not Chief’s.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
Wasn't really the point I was trying to make with my post, was more so saying it makes more sense for chief and blue team to be together since chief is a part of blue team. And also yes Fred is technically the leader, but lets be real as soon as they reunited with Chief he's really only the been leader on paper with Cheif taking over actually leading the team.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
I’m worried as well about blue team specifically not making the cut in infinite but hopefully I’m worried for nothing. If the SOS are to appear in this game(which I think is likely) I have no doubt the arbiter will be there, whether as a player character or not though I’m not so sure. If they all are to appear it’ll be interesting what direction they go in as blue team has had multiple armors throughout the different mediums, but my guess would be a GEN3 version of the GEN2 armors they wore in halo 5. As for the arbiter I think it will be the classic elite phenotype with his new Kaidon armor from halo 5 which would be slick.
I agree it is very worrisome that Blue Team may not make the cut. It would be heartbreaking to see them written out because of poor decisions made in the previous game. It could very well be the case that we won't see them due to the fact that 343 seems to be moving in a mostly Chief focused story. Now the focus on Chief approach may be the right call here.
This so much. Like, I get it, Halo 5's story was a bit messed up and had some questionable choices, but not everything was bad. There were some great points like the blue team finally being in a game and the way the coop experience worked. I hope they decide to save what was good and add it in this game.

If the game's story is only Chief oriented like you suggest, I'd be fine with it. But it has to make sense. I wouldn't want them to ditch out the team out of the blue (hue) with a poor excuse just because they wanna force it that way.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
Wasn't really the point I was trying to make with my post, was more so saying it makes more sense for chief and blue team to be together since chief is a part of blue team. And also yes Fred is technically the leader, but lets be real as soon as they reunited with Chief he's really only the been leader on paper with Cheif taking over actually leading the team.
The thing is though that a lot of Halo players don’t bother with the EU or don’t get the chance to so for a lot of Halo players Arby makes far more sense than three people who seemingly show up out of the Blue (pun intended) and are instantly family of his, while Arby has been an I C O N I C Halo character and friend of the Chief for quite a while now. Some may think that almost everyone reads the books, but reality is that most Halo players don’t read the book or the EU so Blue team is new and not so I C O N I C to most Halo players.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
The thing is though that a lot of Halo players don’t bother with the EU or don’t get the chance to so for a lot of Halo players Arby makes far more sense than three people who seemingly show up out of the Blue (pun intended) and are instantly family of his, while Arby has been an I C O N I C Halo character and friend of the Chief for quite a while now. Some may think that almost everyone reads the books, but reality is that most Halo players don’t read the book or the EU so Blue team is new and not so I C O N I C to most Halo players.
True, most fans dont get into the EU and I'm aware of that but the thing is as of halo 5 blue team isnt just EU anymore. Now they've been in a main game, admittedly how they were handled in halo 5 should've been better, but that can potentially be rectified in infinite. With this being a spiritual reboot now is the perfect time to rectify their introduction in halo 5 and make it so they arent just showing up out of the blue as this will be a starting point for new fans. I'm not opposed to having the arbiter as a co-op character and hope he has a significant part in the story or his own spin-off/dlc with his side of the story with his squad of rtas, uzse, and ntho. but I'd much rather have blue team as I feel they makes more sense.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
True, most fans dont get into the EU and I'm aware of that but the thing is as of halo 5 blue team isnt just EU anymore. Now they've been in a main game, admittedly how they were handled in halo 5 should've been better, but that can potentially be rectified in infinite. With this being a spiritual reboot now is the perfect time to rectify their introduction in halo 5 and make it so they arent just showing up out of the blue as this will be a starting point for new fans. I'm not opposed to having the arbiter as a co-op character and hope he has a significant part in the story or his own spin-off/dlc with his side of the story with his squad of rtas, uzse, and ntho. but I'd much rather have blue team as I feel they makes more sense.
Don’t get me wrong I love blue team and would love to have them expanded (and also see what they will look like with this Infinite art style as the Chief looks amazing so I can’t wait to see what Blue team and Arby will look like, because let’s be frank Blue team and Arby will be in Infinite because of how intertwined they are with the story), but I would prefer that it doesn’t take away from the Chief because he has always been a strong main character with many MANY supporting characters, and this new dynamic could hurt how the Chief is represented in the game (since it is a game and not a book).

Now as for Arby I would love to have him in the campaign and possibly even as a playable character as playing as the Arbiter and other various Sangheili in Halo 3 was awesome. A side story or a DLC story expansion that lets you play as the Arbiter would be GREAT and would be a DLC I would buy.
-- I have no doubt that it will make all fans happy.
No, it won't. There's already plenty of us that are dissatisfied with the art direction regressing back to being a clone of "everything classic Bungie" - same goes for the music, plot, and characters. It's already basically confirmed that 343i is shelving Blue Team again too. Which was the make/break decision for me. There's nothing now that could ever make me, and all of my friends, "happy" about this game.
Honestly I feel like 343 relying on "classic Halo hype" is sort of scary. I'm less worried about the gameplay because in my opinion Halo 5 was a great game at it's core. But the fact that it was sold as a Halo game took everyone's expectations higher than 343 was ready for. So hopefully they nailed a decent Halo formula in Infinite and hopefully they can make innovations off of that cause it would be really tragic if Halo ended up with CoD syndrome 😴
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
Don’t get me wrong I love blue team and would love to have them expanded (and also see what they will look like with this Infinite art style as the Chief looks amazing so I can’t wait to see what Blue team and Arby will look like, because let’s be frank Blue team and Arby will be in Infinite because of how intertwined they are with the story), but I would prefer that it doesn’t take away from the Chief because he has always been a strong main character with many MANY supporting characters, and this new dynamic could hurt how the Chief is represented in the game (since it is a game and not a book).

Now as for Arby I would love to have him in the campaign and possibly even as a playable character as playing as the Arbiter and other various Sangheili in Halo 3 was awesome. A side story or a DLC story expansion that lets you play as the Arbiter would be GREAT and would be a DLC I would buy.
I hear you, I'm also really interested to see what they all would look like with this new art style. My guess is the Arbiter is gonna look how he did in the prologue/epilogue cutscenes from h2a where hes talking with locke, but we'll have to wait and see. I dont think the new dynamic will hurt the Chief however, I think it will just give you a new perspective on his character as you see his character from the side of Halsey/blue team(his closest thing to family) vs the side of the rest of humanity that you see through this unknown pilot and likely lasky and the rest of the infinity crew who all idolize him but also arent really able to connect with him since the spartans II's mostly only open up to themselves.

Same here! Been seeing people posting about an arbiter/SOS spin-off or DLC since halo 5 came out and I love the idea. Thel is my favorite character in the series and I would buy that in a heartbeat lol.
No, it won't. There's already plenty of us that are dissatisfied with the art direction regressing back to being a clone of "everything classic Bungie" - same goes for the music, plot, and characters. It's already basically confirmed that 343i is shelving Blue Team again too. Which was the make/break decision for me. There's nothing now that could ever make me, and all of my friends, "happy" about this game.
That's your idea of "regressing"? Changing the armors drastically and making them look like gundam and power rangers is actually progressing?
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:

I hear you, I'm also really interested to see what they all would look like with this new art style. My guess is the Arbiter is gonna look how he did in the prologue/epilogue cutscenes from h2a where hes talking with locke, but we'll have to wait and see. I dont think the new dynamic will hurt the Chief however, I think it will just give you a new perspective on his character as you see his character from the side of Halsey/blue team(his closest thing to family) vs the side of the rest of humanity that you see through this unknown pilot and likely lasky and the rest of the infinity crew who all idolize him but also arent really able to connect with him since the spartans II's mostly only open up to themselves.

Same here! Been seeing people posting about an arbiter/SOS spin-off or DLC since halo 5 came out and I love the idea. Thel is my favorite character in the series and I would buy that in a heartbeat lol.
I guess I don’t really like the idea of the Chief showing extreme emotion with these characters coming in too much, because I am used to Chief being a bad -yoink- who always keeps his cool and doesn’t suddenly break down into an emotional seizure, and also because I have viewed Halo as always pays some homage to the military (which I heavily appreciate) and seeing someone like Chief suddenly break down would make him loose composure (I understand how everyone loves how Dustin Echoes acts, but from a military standpoint he is very much undisciplined which can create problems and more casualties).

I guess I didn’t know that the idea I had was floating around in many other people’s heads for so long. If that is so than 343i likely saw that and with such a desire for it, and potential for income through making such a thing it very will could happen "If I had fingers they’d be crossed."
That's your idea of "regressing"? Changing the armors drastically and making them look like gundam and power rangers is actually progressing?
Lol, right?
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
I agree it is very worrisome that Blue Team may not make the cut. It would be heartbreaking to see them written out because of poor decisions made in the previous game. It could very well be the case that we won't see them due to the fact that 343 seems to be moving in a mostly Chief focused story. Now the focus on Chief approach may be the right call here. After all, we didn't see them in the original Halo games due to other things happening in the lore at the time, which prevented them from being with John. With 343 making this game a spiritual reboot, they might do the same thing where Blue Team is preoccupied with another task or situation, such as the Onyx conflict spanning through Halo 2 and 3. Could this be the right call for the next title? Your guess is as good as mine. But from my perspective, I believe 343 should take another chance with integrating Blue Team into the mix but in a smart way. Consider what the members of Blue Team have created in the various novels, comics, and other media and weave that into the game in a way that's not gratuitous or cheep. Basically the opposite of how they integrated Blue Team into Halo 5's story. As for the Arbiter, I very much hope he is back for this next installment. However, they could also write out Thel for similar reasons as they would for other characters. 343's Chief focus could push out the Arbiter as quickly as Blue Team. It's sad to say it, but it could very well happen. That's why I brought up the subject of the Arbiter in my initial post. He is an integral part to the story, which has grown exponentially from his first introduction in Halo 2. Thel has become a close ally with John, perhaps even a friend, and it would be beneficial to Infinite to further expand on the relationship. 343 could recognize this and choose to keep the Arbiter in the main story even if he just makes a cameo appearance. In any case, a lot can happen with this possibility as we get closer to the release date so we'll just have to wait for more news.
it just may be positive thinking, but my thinking is if this going to be a spiritual reboot this is the perfect time to have those characters in the game and with blue teams big resurgence in the expanded lore I’m inclined to believe that’s what 343 is thinking as well. I obviously have nothing to go on for this, but’s what I’m thinking so far. And with the arbiter being the lead of the SOS humanity’s only know ally against the created so far I’d be very surprised if he doesn’t show up in some form. But yes your right we’ll just have to wait and see.
Well said. I think your right when you speculate that the Arbiter and Blue Team have to show up in some form due to the previous game. With Blue Team having such an impact in the expanded universe and making an appearance in Halo 5, I think it's vital to continue to include Blue Team as a means to push Chief's story further in new directions without detracting from the character. Including Blue Team could help in exposing new layers to the Chief to fans, who are less familiar with the expanded Universe. With 343 already wanting to bring in new audiences, they could expose those people to Chief's "family" but, as I said before, in a way that's not overbearing in the story. This again would require a delicate balance to be struck in the game that would not be easy to hit. I'm more concerned in regards to the Arbiter appearing. He did have a huge impact in the viral marketing and story of Halo 5, however, they could easily write him out of Infinite's story on the basis that he has stayed behind on his home world to aid his people in the aftermath of the new Covenant being eradicated. This actually could make sense in the context of the story but it would be disappointing none the less. Hopefully he still decides to join the action for more Chief/Arbiter epic moments in the story. Unfortunately, what 343 is considering for this particular plot point is anyone's guess at this time.
I agree with your assessment on the art style. Sparth's new direction is a bold new way to bring back the classic halo aesthetic and update it for the times. It's wonderful to see. However, in regards to Blue Team, I believe 343 should integrate Blue Team into Infinite's story as well. In Halo 5, It did feel like they were shoehorned in with little character development associated with the poor writing in that title. On the other hand, Blue team has been with us in the expanded lore dating back to the first Halo novel. There is plenty of character development already there. 343 could really tap into the largely untapped potential of Blue Team being smartly written into more games to come. It might not have worked the first time, but with Blue Team being such a big part of the universe, 343 could possibly explore more routs with that aspect in a new setting, such as infinite. I realize that having a team of sorts following the player around can be annoying, especially in a game like Halo. On the flip side, we could possibly get some great gameplay moments with the chemistry Blue Team has built in the expanded media but smartly woven into the game as to be fun and not overbearing or annoying.
At this point I dont think it's possible. 343 should go back to the drawing board. In 5 they were always following you, they couldn't die, always felt the need to talk and had nothing to say.

If the legendary blue team makes an appearance it needs to be felt. But also 343 needed to stop all of what they're doing (including working with the old engine) and start over. A spiritual reboot with marines and few Spartans. As many Spartans as players. Blue Team should probably not make an appearance due to the way they've been handled.
There's a bit of a weird paradigm shift in terms of the specific characters you're highlighting and their impact and reputation to Halo fans. People primarily familiar with the Halo games recognize and love Arbiter- and while readers of the books also undoubtedly respect that character as portrayed in the games, they hold the mythical Blue Team in much higher regard.

The fact is that Blue Team was pretty much a non-entity as far as the games were concerned up until Halo 5, in which many players would agree their introduction into the games was thoroughly botched. To readers of the books who love Kelly, Linda and Fred, that's just a shame and it doesn't logically seem like a reason to proclude them from inclusion in further games. To players of the games only, though, they represent the narrative deadweight of Halo 5 and little else. If the only reference you have for Blue Team is what's provided in the main games, they must feel like a strange retcon to give Chief a "Family." Which also feels out of character if your point of reference for Chief is only the Halo games.

Arbiter doesn't have that problem; he comes from the games and is an established part of that medium since the days of the almost universally loved Halo OT. So where Blue Team feels like dead weight tying the game to Halo 5 to gamers, Arbiter being featured predominantly (especially if they touch his aesthetic up with the classic appeal of Chief's Infinite redesign) calls back to Halo 2 and 3.

So, my guess is that Blue Team's going to get a mention and nothing else. Arbiter's more of an X Factor, but I would love it if he has an important role in the campaign.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
Yeah that's absolutely true, not so many people bother with the EU. But if you never introduce those characters in the games, they're basically gonna be out of them forever to some people. If you don't include them because they're not "I C O N I C", they're never going to become "I C O N I C" in the first place. It's a never ending loop. You have to start from somewhere to get anywhere, right? They did it with Halo 5, which had some pretty big mistakes to be fair, but that doesn't mean everything should be dumpstered.
NAG4SE wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
Yeah that's absolutely true, not so many people bother with the EU. But if you never introduce those characters in the games, they're basically gonna be out of them forever to some people. If you don't include them because they're not "I C O N I C", they're never going to become "I C O N I C" in the first place. It's a never ending loop. You have to start from somewhere to get anywhere, right? They did it with Halo 5, which had some pretty big mistakes to be fair, but that doesn't mean everything should be dumpstered.
Yeah, but since most Halo players don’t mess with the EU that means that Blue team’s introduction into Halo with Halo 5 was a disaster and from their point of view a large part of why Halo 5 sucked story wise so most Halo players don’t really care much for Blue team and feel like they were "supposed" to be family to him, but ended up sucking and seeming like people who just showed up in his life and are suddenly his brother and sisters.
NAG4SE wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
Yeah, but since most Halo players don’t mess with the EU that means that Blue team’s introduction into Halo with Halo 5 was a disaster and from their point of view a large part of why Halo 5 sucked story wise so most Halo players don’t really care much for Blue team and feel like they were "supposed" to be family to him, but ended up sucking and seeming like people who just showed up in his life and are suddenly his brother and sisters.
Nah, the reason why it happened was because they did it wrong. Look at Halo 2, all the characters they introduced. The entire opening sequence of Halo 2 is still one of the highest narrating points the entire saga has reached to this date, not that the rest of the game's campaign was too far away. A lot of the saga's legendary characters were introduced in that game and no one in their right mind can possibly say anything about it. Heck, you could argue that even Johnson was created in that game since they defined him much more as a character compared to CE. That goes for allies as much as foes, look at Tartarus and the Gravemind.

One of the biggest issues of the 343 era was introducing cool and well designed characters that people would love and grow attached to. I think just a few could be saved, like Lasky to make an example. Man I think of Halo 2's opening sequence and I still have shivers down my spine. I think about the Arbiter's campaign and I wonder what even we did to deserve it. Bungie could never top what they did with Halo 2, they never even got close. I look at the Noble team and laugh about how they tried to make them look like a team through witty jokes alternated with serious parts, trying to make you care for them as they'd have to die in the arc of one game. Then I look at the Heretic's leader and I'm like "Dude this guy has more charisma than Carter and he's only around for a couple of missions lmao". Every single damn time I think about Miranda's notoriously infamous "To war." one liner in Halo 3 I'm convinced the entire team must have been on booze or something to make that go through QA because there's no possible way the same people who made the Arbiter in Halo 2 could look at that thing and say "yeah, that's fine".

There are right ways to do things and wrong ways to do things. Halo 2 and ODST did a lot of right things, Halo 5 didn't. Doesn't mean still that everything is to throw away. I loved Halo 3 and Reach even though they had their issues and I loved the blue team's inclusion in spite of everything. Let's hope they do more things right next time.
NAG4SE wrote:
NAG4SE wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
Nah, the reason why it happened was because they did it wrong. Look at Halo 2, all the characters they introduced. The entire opening sequence of Halo 2 is still one of the highest narrating points the entire saga has reached to this date, not that the rest of the game's campaign was too far away. A lot of the saga's legendary characters were introduced in that game and no one in their right mind can possibly say anything about it. Heck, you could argue that even Johnson was created in that game since they defined him much more as a character compared to CE. That goes for allies as much as foes, look at Tartarus and the Gravemind.

One of the biggest issues of the 343 era was introducing cool and well designed characters that people would love and grow attached to. I think just a few could be saved, like Lasky to make an example. Man I think of Halo 2's opening sequence and I still have shivers down my spine. I think about the Arbiter's campaign and I wonder what even we did to deserve it. Bungie could never top what they did with Halo 2, they never even got close. I look at the Noble team and laugh about how they tried to make them look like a team through witty jokes alternated with serious parts, trying to make you care for them as they'd have to die in the arc of one game. Then I look at the Heretic's leader and I'm like "Dude this guy has more charisma than Carter and he's only around for a couple of missions lmao". Every single damn time I think about Miranda's notoriously infamous "To war." one liner in Halo 3 I'm convinced the entire team must have been on booze or something to make that go through QA because there's no possible way the same people who made the Arbiter in Halo 2 could look at that thing and say "yeah, that's fine".

There are right ways to do things and wrong ways to do things. Halo 2 and ODST did a lot of right things, Halo 5 didn't. Doesn't mean still that everything is to throw away. I loved Halo 3 and Reach even though they had their issues and I loved the blue team's inclusion in spite of everything. Let's hope they do more things right next time.
I agree with you here. Carter’s character wasn’t as charismatic because he was representing what a real and disciplined soldier is supposed to look like (the Chief does too), and that line that Miranda Keys gave in Halo 3 never made any sense to me either as whenever I hear that I think "What are the Marines supposed to do with those orders? That kind of order is going to purposely put their forces into chaos."

Lastly, I would like for Blue team to be represented well this time too.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5