OP Killer Kane OO

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5
I really hope they're in the game!

I always loved the Arbiter, my first Halo game was Halo 3 :) and I also always loved Blue team from Halo: The fall of Reach!

Halo 5 had very bad writing, and it sadly affected these beloved characters (as well as Chief...) so I hope they get a chance to shine in Halo Infinite - also: if the Arbiter returns I REALLY hope the Italian dubber changes to one that resembles more the original from Halo 2 and 3... Halo'5 Italian dubber for the Arbiter didn't sound at all like him :( :( :(
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
It could and I like Blue team don’t get me wrong, but I would love to play as Elites again in the campaign and since Halo has NEVER had campaign expansions this seems like the best option for playing as Elites in the campaign.
True they haven’t, the closest they got to one was ODST. Which is a shame cuz there’s plenty of awesome elite characters out there.
ODST was also really the first open world Halo game as well, and I feel like it was done pretty well so I wouldn’t mind it if they made Infinite an open world game in ODST style, but bigger and maybe some modifications to that style (my opinion).
I agree, ODST was a great first crack at a more open world halo game and i'd love see a game devoted to that direction, but I'm also curious/weary of if they did that in infinite how it would effect the game as the mainline games tend to have galaxy effecting plots which usually requires going to more then one place where ODST was way more self contained as a side story that only took place on Earth.
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
Mnkymn89 wrote:
It could and I like Blue team don’t get me wrong, but I would love to play as Elites again in the campaign and since Halo has NEVER had campaign expansions this seems like the best option for playing as Elites in the campaign.
True they haven’t, the closest they got to one was ODST. Which is a shame cuz there’s plenty of awesome elite characters out there.
ODST was also really the first open world Halo game as well, and I feel like it was done pretty well so I wouldn’t mind it if they made Infinite an open world game in ODST style, but bigger and maybe some modifications to that style (my opinion).
I agree, ODST was a great first crack at a more open world halo game and i'd love see a game devoted to that direction, but I'm also curious/weary of if they did that in infinite how it would effect the game as the mainline games tend to have galaxy effecting plots which usually requires going to more then one place where ODST was way more self contained as a side story that only took place on Earth.
Your worries are very understandable (I fear the same things), but either way 343i is likely to be ambitious and an open worldish game would cater more to their ambitions I’d imagine than the traditional style (I could be wrong, but this is my opinion).
After viewing the E3 2019 trailer and after hearing comments from various 343 staff about the project, there are a few concerns I would like to address for any 343 staff who may be reading and for the community to discuss. First, even though 343 has said that the story will follow on from the continuity from Halo 5, what will that mean for our older characters besides Chief? The ones in question being the Arbiter and Blue Team. The reason I bring these characters up in particular is they are integral parts to Master Chief's "family" in the story as we know it. The Arbiter, for example, has become sort of a friend to the iconic super soldier starting with his epic redemption story in Halo 2. Bungie worked so hard in only introducing this new character at the time, but also in building that emotional connection between Thel and John out of Thel's own journey throughout the course of Halo 2 and 3. It was masterfully done, and even though we see the Arbiter in Halo 5, I felt the Arbiter and Chief bond was downplayed. It is imperative that the Arbiter continues his story with Chief as we have seen before. As for Blue Team, they have been with us in the expanded media since the very beginning. Even though they have only been seen in one game with Chief, they are still the closest thing Chief has to blood relatives in this universe. They have been training together so long that they almost seem to communicate telepathically at times. This bond is an epic timeless bond that was also downplayed and not properly done in Halo 5. 343 needs to realize that yes the story needs to focus on the Chief, but it also needs to focus on these important elements as well. Lastly, the art direction looks great so far, however, if 343 does bring back Blue Team and the Arbiter, they need to apply that classic Spartan II look to the rest of Blue team and of course bring back the classic elite design. The Halo 2 or Halo Wars 2 design of elites I feel would also fit, however, it would be a safer bet to just stick with the classic design of elites but updated for the times. Those two important points in the art direction cannot be stressed enough, and 343 needs to take it seriously into account for this next chapter.
I agree wholeheartly. Post Halo 4, basically none of the characters were handled like so. Some of them were tossed aside, killed off in a anticlimatic way, reintroduced but not developped at all. This needs to change ASAP. Even it is Chief story, the other characters needs to be in the game and have their own time.
I'm worried too about Chief himself to become a one liner again and not be developped.
As for the style, it would be weird if only Chief has a retro style, but the others have new suits. I always felt the Blue Team armors were blandest at best before their redesign in Halo 5, but since 343 is going back to the retro look of the past, then it wouldn't fit them with new style alongside Chief with the old one.
Arbiter and blue team should get some kind of presence. I imagine the Arbiter will be to busy with his own problems to help or be seen in the game though. Sadly no Master Cheif and Arbiter moments. And blue team must be helping out somewhere. Theyll probably make a book about blue team fighting another AI elsewhere during infinites time line.

I don't think there's an issue of two many characters though. Between say Palmer, Lasky and this new pilot and Halsey that's about the same cast size as Halo 3. With Locke (who should get a role I feel, his character could become a fan favourite in one well done scene) and Arbiter and one or two blue team members it's about Reach size. Keep in mind these characters can just appear on voice chatter from other areas of the battlefield and in cutscenes.
1. Arby already dealt with the Storm Covenant so Arby’s only real problem at the moment is everyone else’s problem.
2. Just about nobody likes Palmer so I doubt she’ll get much screen time if at all.
3. Halo 5’s portrayal of Locke and his portrayal in hunt the truth beforehand leading up to what actually happened have severely damaged Locke as a character an with Halo 5 in fresh memory, it will be extremely hard to get most of the fan base actually liking him, let alone being a favorite character (favorite character is farther than a long shot).
If 343 don't even touch those characters again they will never have the chance to grow up on peoples hearts and this is a terrible choice. It is much better if they keep going with them so it enriches the universe and Halo becomes better and we have more characters to love.
Arbiter and blue team should get some kind of presence. I imagine the Arbiter will be to busy with his own problems to help or be seen in the game though. Sadly no Master Cheif and Arbiter moments. And blue team must be helping out somewhere. Theyll probably make a book about blue team fighting another AI elsewhere during infinites time line.

I don't think there's an issue of two many characters though. Between say Palmer, Lasky and this new pilot and Halsey that's about the same cast size as Halo 3. With Locke (who should get a role I feel, his character could become a fan favourite in one well done scene) and Arbiter and one or two blue team members it's about Reach size. Keep in mind these characters can just appear on voice chatter from other areas of the battlefield and in cutscenes.
1. Arby already dealt with the Storm Covenant so Arby’s only real problem at the moment is everyone else’s problem.
2. Just about nobody likes Palmer so I doubt she’ll get much screen time if at all.
3. Halo 5’s portrayal of Locke and his portrayal in hunt the truth beforehand leading up to what actually happened have severely damaged Locke as a character an with Halo 5 in fresh memory, it will be extremely hard to get most of the fan base actually liking him, let alone being a favorite character (favorite character is farther than a long shot).
If 343 don't even touch those characters again they will never have the chance to grow up on peoples hearts and this is a terrible choice. It is much better if they keep going with them so it enriches the universe and Halo becomes better and we have more characters to love.
The Halo Universe is already very big so I doubt Palmer dying will hurt anything.

The Halo Universe is already very big so I doubt Palmer dying will hurt anything.
We have way too little likeable characters for the size of Halo. Why would you do that? It is way better to have fleshed out characters than just killing them off because you don't know what to do with them.

We have way too little likeable characters for the size of Halo. Why would you do that? It is way better to have fleshed out characters than just killing them off because you don't know what to do with them.
I KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH PALMER, SEND HER OUT IN A BLAZE OF GLORY! Also it isn’t 343i’s fault that Sgt. Johnson was killed off, but is kind of is for Guilty Spark through books and not bringing Rtas back (Johnson’s aura of bad-yoink- allowed him to survive).
-- I have no doubt that it will make all fans happy.
I agree that it's possible for other players to come in as blue team the same way P2 was the Arbiter, and P3 and P4 were there to help out.
But is it good?

A concern: wouldn't it be weird to just have Master Chief and Spartan-087 running around at mach 3 without any other people in blue team anywhere in sight for the entire game (Say, a guy and his brother just want to play the game split-screen without any online).

How would you handle that
You bring up an excellent point here. I suppose the game play would have to be altered in such a way that the other members of Blue Team would assume their usual non-player controlled supportive roles as player one and two would take on main roles as player controlled characters (Chief and Kelly). This seems a bit weird to suggest, however, 343 has already confirmed split screen will be present. I feel this would make more sense to do it this way (if done right) than to have two Chiefs running around in the game. There has to be some other character the second or third player can play as other than just a copy of Chief and Blue Team members would be able to fix that issue. Additionally, this could still work to develop their characters more in a similar way to what we saw with the Arbiter in Halo 3. He was in a supportive role and the game play was altered when the second player signed in. Something similar could be done in these circumstances not only for Blue Team, but also for the Arbiter making a return. But I do see your concern and there is so much that could go wrong with this approach.
That part is itself the issue. P1 being Chief and P2 being Spartan-087 is not a problem (But you shouldn't just have her as an AI buddy because reasons...) , but having two permanent computer players being the rest of the team for the sake of the story can't be good. Blue Team should not do anything usual.

Arbiter worked as an AI buddy because the story worked with MC and Arbiter's relationship. And the third and fourth characters had okay lore. Which consisted of who are these people, why are they able to fight as well as the first two, why do they get the privilege of doing so, etc.

Blue Team is a unit. just Chief is good, but 2/4 and 3/4 wouldn't work under normal circumstances.
The AI vs player Blue Team mash up could be a big issue. This could certainly be an issue especially if you had three people playing and only one blue team member in the supporting AI role. This suggestion is not something I see 343 going for. It was more of a speculation on how Blue Team might be included. Alternatively, Blue Team could still take on a supporting role and be all AI controlled in all circumstances. When other players join the game, they would play as the Arbiter and the Elites as seen in Halo 3 campaign split screen. I feel there could be a balance found in this mixture, and at the same time, it would eliminate the two Chief problem. Blue Team could still be used in key ,moments to not only develop themselves more, but also to help with certain story points involving John. The Arbiter and the Elites would simultaneously help to further the development of Chief in this new story in both AI and player controlled ways. This option could work better, because you could have John and Thel fighting alone without the need of worrying about an entire squad, but Blue Team would still be present without it seeming gratuitous. This seems to be the most popular solution to most people, who have commented on this issue, and one I think could work given a very delicate balance struck between gameplay and narration.
most of the fans will be unhappy but I think it would be great for lore fans to see there classics armour style I wouldn't mind it tbh.
Greynex wrote:
most of the fans will be unhappy but I think it would be great for lore fans to see there classics armour style I wouldn't mind it tbh.
Most fans would be disappointed? What planet are you from?
-- I have no doubt that it will make all fans happy.
No, it won't. There's already plenty of us that are dissatisfied with the art direction regressing back to being a clone of "everything classic Bungie" - same goes for the music, plot, and characters. It's already basically confirmed that 343i is shelving Blue Team again too. Which was the make/break decision for me. There's nothing now that could ever make me, and all of my friends, "happy" about this game.
This is an enormous stretch. At best there are indications that other characters from previous games might not be as prominent in the game but that in no way is "basically confirmed". I wouldn't put 343i or Halo Infinite in that box already.
Greynex wrote:
That's what I said most fans will be unhappy but lore fans and even clan kids will like them in the game.
Greynex wrote:
Greynex wrote:
That's what I said most fans will be unhappy but lore fans and even clan kids will like them in the game.
Classic armor style for what exactly, and what is defined as the classic version of it?
Fall of Reach, aka
Fred: MKIV B Helmet, MKIV Armour
Kelly: Hermes Helmet, MKIV Armour
Linda: Argronaut Helmet. MKIV Armour.

but they should switch the armour to Chiefs to match the style and with the numbers on there chest.
Greynex wrote:
Fall of Reach, akaFred: MKIV B Helmet, MKIV ArmourKelly: Hermes Helmet, MKIV ArmourLinda: Argronaut Helmet. MKIV Armour.but they should switch the armour to Chiefs to match the style and with the numbers on there chest.
Sounds good to me, and I don’t know too much about the expanded universe.
I hope that blue team isn’t in the game and that it’s just chief and sometimes arbiter
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. ...
  6. 5