Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Arbiter playable in Halo Infinite?

OP Jugador27388764

I know the team of 343 still have an immensity of surprises for us, but I really hope they have taken into account the Arbiter in at least one mission.
Does anyone miss playing with him too?
Would be great to have him fight beside Chief again in a few levels.

However personally I don't like being forced to play as more then one protagonist during a main Halo story. Halo 5 ruined that for me.
Would be nice to have him involved in the story but not as a playable character imo. The story should focus on Master Chief. Another thing I've noticed is how the elites look somehow equal to a spartan. Could mean playable elites in MP.
As badass as Arbiter is, I would much rather just play as Chief this time around. Especially, with him being put on the back burner in Halo 5.
I know, I also want it to be 100% Master Chief but it wouldn't be bad at least 1 mission of an assault to a Banished camp by The Swords of Sanghelios.
I think they already confirmed the campaign is going to be Chief focused only. Plus according to the book Bad Blood, Arbiter is remaining on sanghelios for that his planet is currently under threat of a guardian but he did tell Chief he will be more than willing to help him in the fight against the created. It would be very nice to see him but I wouldn't get my hopes up about playing as him.
Pretty sure they’ve confirmed that you’ll be chief 100% of the campaign.

However, with Infinite being the “platform for content for the next 10 years” and the last standalone game to be released for a while, I wouldn’t be surprised (in fact it’s basically a given with this whole model) if we get campaign expansions every now and then, some big bombastic ones continuing the story of chief, some as smaller side stories akin to ODST, one of which may have us play as an elite (the arbiter or even someone entirely new) throughout its duration.
Pretty sure they’ve confirmed that you’ll be chief 100% of the campaign.

However, with Infinite being the “platform for content for the next 10 years” and the last standalone game to be released for a while, I wouldn’t be surprised (in fact it’s basically a given with this whole model) if we get campaign expansions every now and then, some big bombastic ones continuing the story of chief, some as smaller side stories akin to ODST, one of which may have us play as an elite (the arbiter or even someone entirely new) throughout its duration.
Yeah. Something similar to the content add ons that Destiny 2 gets.
I hope so but some people have been obsessed with making it clear that they only want to play as the Chief but I'm afraid that 343i might think that means fans only want MC with no Arbiter...though I guess he could be a 2nd player sort of like in Halo 3.
Would be great to have him fight beside Chief again in a few levels.

However personally I don't like being forced to play as more then one protagonist during a main Halo story. Halo 5 ruined that for me.
That's a shame, seriously. There's so much potential for great story telling when two perspective come together to tell it.

Honestly, I know Halo 5 wasn't the best, but look at Halo 2 for a better example. The Arbiter brought a much deeper story then chief could have ever provided, he was arguably a better character in that regard. We love Chief because he's a vessel for us to inhabit, but we loved Arbiter because he was a well developed character.
I know the team of 343 still have an immensity of surprises for us, but I really hope they have taken into account the Arbiter in at least one mission.
Does anyone miss playing with him too?
Totally! My brother and I love to co-op halo three together. The reason we don’t play some newer installment together, is that he likes playing as an elite better than as a spartan!(personally, I agree with him!)
Arbiter DLC would be cool. New missions as a new hero. Maybe on new parts of the ring.
Arbiter DLC would be cool. New missions as a new hero. Maybe on new parts of the ring.
It would totally open up new possibilities. But why stick to the ring? Why not introduce whole new planets like this?!
It would totally open up new possibilities. But why stick to the ring? Why not introduce whole new planets like this?!
Maybe some missions in Sanghelios, Reach, New Mombasa and Old Mombasa..
I think it’s more likely the arbiter and sos would have their own expansion at this point.
Zigma X wrote:
Maybe some missions in Sanghelios, Reach, New Mombasa and Old Mombasa..
Exactly!
They actually made Halo 4 similar to HCE, Halo 5 similar to Halo 2. (Storywise) So I think they’re going to make Infinite to some degree similar to Halo 3. With that being said, I think the Arbiter will be playable as a co-op player.
Lanzerat wrote:
They actually made Halo 4 similar to HCE, Halo 5 similar to Halo 2. (Storywise) So I think they’re going to make Infinite to some degree similar to Halo 3. With that being said, I think the Arbiter will be playable as a co-op player.
Awesome! H3 has always been one of my favorites.
They will surely include you in some type of future content for those "10 years" of life that Halo Infinite is going to have