1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Quote:
Spoiler:
Show
On behalf of my fellow Spartans
StudentOfKasumi I’m a long term halo fan I’ve played halo ever since I was a little girl so I will always have love for this franchise and will always have a special place In my heart like many others I’m extremely hyped for halo infinite but I was wondering if the assassinations that have become a staple of halo as a whole we’re going to possibly make a return in halo infinite i an so many other fans of the halo franchise where curios to know if we are going to see assassinations in halo infinite
I don't see why they wouldn't return, especially when Halo 5: Guardians had so many to choose from.
I don't see why they wouldn't return, especially when Halo 5: Guardians had so many to choose from.
Thanks ☺️ They didn’t show it in the trailer for some reason I was just Curious
Yeah, I can understand why that would make people concerned. I don't think a two minute trailer would be enough to cover all aspects of the multiplayer though. Some stuff was bound to be left out, you know?
I can see them having it but if they do i hope u can Toggle it on/off or make it simple to not do accidental executions that will get you killed in matches.
Quote:
Spoiler:
Show
On behalf of my fellow Spartans
StudentOfKasumi I’m a long term halo fan I’ve played halo ever since I was a little girl so I will always have love for this franchise and will always have a special place In my heart like many others I’m extremely hyped for halo infinite but I was wondering if the assassinations that have become a staple of halo as a whole we’re going to possibly make a return in halo infinite i an so many other fans of the halo franchise where curios to know if we are going to see assassinations in halo infinite
I definitely think they will. They are one of the most popular additions to recent halos, so I definitely think they will be in the game.
I think you'll be able to do both types of assassinations, say in Halo 3 ehere you can melee behind and kill and then the assassinations we know and love as well.
I wouldn't assume otherwise.

Hopefully the ability to turn them off returns too. Not for me, but I'm happy to have any and all settings to accommodate every player.
No reason to assume that they won't be in the game just because it wasn't shown in the multiplayer trailer. Both Halo 4 and 5 had assassinations so it's not like 343 is opposed to having them. They likely just didn't show it because playing out an assassination animation in the middle of the trailer would have messed with the flow of the fast paced trailer they were going for.
Well I would say that there were a great many things that were probably vacant in the Multiplayer Reveal, we didn't even see the true Shotgun, which while its POSSIBLE that it isn't in the game I doubt it. On the other hand, the Sniper Rifle trickshot scene was the perfect opportunity to show assassinations off, but they didn't. In a way it almost felt like a statement that they weren't adding it. Part of the problem is that when you trigger an assassination you make yourself incredibly vulnerable for a few seconds. These CAN be turned off so its a choice to have them, but its also a choice to be an Elite and 343 decided that they didn't want that in the game for the purpose of everybody being on equal footing. SO while I think that its possible that they may be added, I actually think that most current evidence states that they will not add it.
It would be a hilarious missed opportunity to get money by 343i if they decided not to add assassinations to the game.
Yeah, I can understand why that would make people concerned. I don't think a two minute trailer would be enough to cover all aspects of the multiplayer though. Some stuff was bound to be left out, you know?
Yeah, but they've included assassinations in every trailer since Reach...
ShotAces wrote:
There's no rule, written or unwritten, saying that assassinations have to be shown. I mean to say just because they have done it before doesn't mean they have to continue doing it. The multiplayer trailer was kinda focused on the grapplehook and what it can do.
ShotAces wrote:
There's no rule, written or unwritten, saying that assassinations have to be shown. I mean to say just because they have done it before doesn't mean they have to continue doing it. The multiplayer trailer was kinda focused on the grapplehook and what it can do.
Of course there's no rule about that. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that we won't have assassinations, but it was a huge missed oppurtunity by the marketing team to not have an assassination after that grappleshot no-scope. Either the marketing team messed up, or the devs didn't include assassinations. Which one is more likely?
ShotAces wrote:
ShotAces wrote:
Of course there's no rule about that. I'm not saying with 100% certainty that we won't have assassinations, but it was a huge missed oppurtunity by the marketing team to not have an assassination after that grappleshot no-scope. Either the marketing team messed up, or the devs didn't include assassinations. Which one is more likely?
Or nobody messed up and they just weren't shown.
Thank you for the feedback everyone
I do hope assassinations are in this one. In competitive they should have toggled on/off options of course. But a major missed staple of the game considering it’s been in since reach. 5 especially had a lot of variety with assassinations.

not to mention this is a game that really needs to hit ok multiple levels. Can’t leave any box unchecked especially if you’re aiming to be the biggest halo ever from launch.
I don't see why assassinations won't feature in Halo Infinite, if they do I hope we have the option to turn them off. I'm not a fan of them at all, but I respect that others are.
Maybe the ESRB would give them an M rating if they included assassinations, it looks like they might be going for T. I love assassinations tho I hope they return.
I don’t see why not. Especially since their inclusion gives 343i more customization micro-transaction options.

for me personally, I don’t care either way. Though an option to turn them off, like Halo 5 has, would be welcome. The novelty of assassinations wore off on me pretty quickly, l’d rather get the quick kill.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2