Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Are Halo Players Uncomfortable with Change?

OP JimsSon3756

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I'm not afraid of change. There was a LOT of change between Halo: CE and Halo 3. It just didn't "seem like it" because it did what a series is supposed to do: build on its core mechanics. REACH, 4 and 5 completely broke from the core mechanics, and that is why they were so divisive. The problem with 343i is that with 4 and 5, they've copied trends from other games. They didn't build on what made Halo... Halo.
Naqser wrote:
Spikanor wrote:
there are not telling it.
but if you read some post's on some threads that some people not like new mechanics in the halo game's then its more telling in the other way there are uncomfortable with the change off having new mechanics in the game.
So, all in all, based on a few posts from a few users regarding one or a few mechanics they dislike, they're uncomfortable with all change, that right?
the way you are telling it yea thats right.
and its normale that is something change that you have always have people that feel uncomfortable with it thats with all things.
so yea there are feeling uncomfortable with the new mechanics in the halo game its normal.

and to tell you also i feel also uncomfortable with halo infinite chance's there gone do and the thing i feel uncomfortable is the crossplay funtion for the halo game that it will destroy more the online part off it.
I grew up on halo and I’ve played all of the originals, but the new mechanics are just better. The old halo gameplay is dated and people want more action in multiplayer nowadays.
Dean2191 wrote:
I grew up on halo and I’ve played all of the originals, but the new mechanics are just better. The old halo gameplay is dated and people want more action in multiplayer nowadays.
I grew up on halo as well, and the new mechanics are what saturated the game amongst other FPS’s during that time. Saying a game is dated is a poor excuse because it held its popularity for having a distinguishable identity and being action filled. In contrast, the population halo 4 and 5 didn’t hold up over the course of 3-4 years like halo 2 and 3 did.
RipnKido wrote:
Dean2191 wrote:
I grew up on halo as well, and the new mechanics are what saturated the game amongst other FPS’s during that time. Saying a game is dated is a poor excuse because it held its popularity for having a distinguishable identity and being action filled. In contrast, the population halo 4 and 5 didn’t hold up over the course of 3-4 years like halo 2 and 3 did.
Well I grew up on Halo as well, but I'm not going to solely attribute the success/failure off any game to one particular attribute without considering every other factor. This is so common in threads comparing classic Halo vs modern Halo. There is this misconception that a good/fun game will always be a successful game no matter what the context. Which imo is not accurate.

Classic Halo trilogy was successful because it had everything going for it AND because of the context it was in. It was first to pioneer console shooters (virtually an empty market) , first to make online matchmaking a thing, the story, the music, the mechanics etc. On the flipsyde, H5 had a horrible campaign with misleading marketing, bad competitive settings, very delayed response on player feedback, other more lucrative esports...these things were far more damaging than the mere inclusion of sprint/abilities.

So all the arguments that any halo was better/worse because of <insert one attribute> is very reductionist.

For me personally, the only Halo I'd consider fun to play today...is Halo 2 and Halo 5. The rest of them feel slow (doesn't matter if its an illusion), aesthetically dated, subpar gunplay.

Everybody has their own definition of what Halo is to them. I just wish that we wouldn't have a knee jerk reaction when there is a successful concept/mechanic that wasn't in the original Halos.

I feel "I don't like x because is not fun" is a much better argument than "i don't like x because it wasn't in the original trilogy"
RipnKido wrote:
Dean2191 wrote:
why most each halo game in your eye's stay actvie for 3-4 years long in population?
most game's like COD keep there max population max 1 year long since there release a new game each new year and after that a lot switch from the cod that was from a year ago to the new cod game.

for me its not a problem if the population stay's max 2 years on the max and then go's down after that i not care about it.

and you forget 1 thing also.
that halo is not the only game any more that has become hot by a lot off people.
there are now a lot off other games that have also become hot that other people wane play also.

what 343 maybe needs to do in the mean time there developing a new halo game that there also keep releasing new maps in there game.
that for halo Infinite 4 dlc maps are not working any more that you need to keep releasing at some point a year later after there release also release new maps and some new game type's.
then you have a better shot that the population stay's high after 3-4 years if there are still developing the new halo game.

the old 4 dlc update's system is out to date more.
there need to switch to a newer version that still give some dlc maps and game type's after 1 year off the release off the game thill the new halo game is not ready yet for release.
It depends, we don't like change if it just simply makes the game worse. For example: Spartan Ops replacing Firefight in Halo 4. But we like new things that improve the game, like Firefight itself. And we are fine with both existing at the same time for variety.
Well if you have a Halo with a high population than 3 let comes out let me know.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4