Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Are we getting Assassinations?

OP BigHomieCal08

I know a lot of folks can do without them because of getting yoinked, but they’ve always stuck with me since they got introduced in halo Reach.
This topic has already been raised, but I can't imagine that Assassinations would be removed. They've been in the series since Reach, and no one seems to have a problem with them, as you can still just back-smack someone instead. It'd be weird not to include them.
I hope they return, along with different unlockable assassinations like in H5. H5 had an option to toggle assassinations on or off iirc, don't see why they could just do this again.
I know a lot of folks can do without them because of getting yoinked, but they’ve always stuck with me since they got introduced in halo Reach.
I think they will be there, they just weren't showcased for the video we have seen.
I really want to have a "random assasination" option, like in Titanfall 2, i don't like to repeat the same one over and over again, then changing it manually in my spartan customization (please 343 do that lol)
I really want to have a "random assasination" option, like in Titanfall 2, i don't like to repeat the same one over and over again, then changing it manually in my spartan customization (please 343 do that lol)
Really agree with this opinion! A random assassination mechanic would be a real point of improvement!
I think I remember that Fortnite includes a similar system with its dance animations. The truth is that in Halo 5 it would have been great to have a random system to be able to use all the assassination animations that we had unlocked.
It would be really nice if we could select multiple animations and it would randomize from that pool, instead of just a random all unlocked
This topic has already been raised, but I can't imagine that Assassinations would be removed. They've been in the series since Reach, and no one seems to have a problem with them, as you can still just back-smack someone instead. It'd be weird not to include them.
I'm of the belief that animated assassinations aren't in a functional state yet, and weren't demonstrated for the same reason different Spartan body types weren't shown off, even though the in-depth multiplayer video confirmed the existence of body types.

Assassinations can be monetised, they're something that can be included in Battle Passes and seasonal events. There's no way 343 is going to skip out on them when it means more sustainability via profits.
I would love to see this enhanced in infinite like they did in Halo 5 with the variants, would like to make each assassination achievable or by the season tier rewards. The animations for H5 were pretty slick and I can't wait to see what Infinite has waiting!