Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Armor abilities including armor lock in Infinite

OP Punisher8246

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hell to the No. To the no, no, no.
I'd rather have halo 3 invulnerability shield than armor lock.
Armor Abilities were certainly interesting back in Halo Reach. I liked them but the Spartan Abilities were much more fitting from a lore perspective in Halo 5. Since John placed his assault rifle vertically in the Halo Infinite discovery hope trailer, it's likely safe to assume Spartan Abilities will return to some extent since that started in Halo 5 in favor of diagonally placing it in previous titles to accommodate for Spartan Abilities.
Hell to the No. To the no, no, no.
This 150%. Also no more spawning with Active Camo but make it a single-use powerup again like Overshields and Damage/Speed Boost. A few games of Reach on the MCC reminded me of why I hated that so much in Reach and 4.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I like the abilities as pick-ups similar to Halo 3 and MLG Halo Reach settings where you could pick the jet-pack, evade, etc. up from the map like a power-up.
you mean like scatter them across the map like the weapons because im down first come first serve
Yes, MLG settings for Halo Reach introduces this, as you were able to pick up a jet-pack, evade, armor-lock, as an upgrade that would last till you died. Then, the power-up would respawn every few minutes.
I'd be fine with in-map equipment pick-ups like Halo 3. This could include traditional equipment (power drainer, bubble shield, etc.) from that game plus some Spartan abilities like Reach (jet pack, etc.) that are gone when you die.

I don't want them to repeat Reach where you spawn with an ability of your choosing.
Troll.
Map pickups is definitely the way they should do armor abilities and equipment. If they do this niether really need to be balanced to one another. If your think about them similar to weapon, the rocket launcher isnt balanced to the SMG because it's a power weapon and is every limited for how many are on a map. You could have the Jetpack be like a Power abilities that has one or maybe 2 spawn locations. It could also have longer flight time and allow you to move more like the Hornet. Just an example. But imagine if every map had maybe 2 or 3 armor abilities and they all acted like power weapon or maybe one did and the other to were more like a BR or DMR equivalent ability. This would probably be IMO the best of both Classic and Modern Halo.
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I like the abilities as pick-ups similar to Halo 3 and MLG Halo Reach settings where you could pick the jet-pack, evade, etc. up from the map like a power-up.
i think if you pick them up you get them all game or you drop it when killed
Rainye5788 wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I think some abilities. should be a 1-time use while others should have a usage meter, the former being like equipment and the latter being like power weapons.
Rainye5788 wrote:
C0RRuPTT wrote:
I think some abilities. should be a 1-time use while others should have a usage meter, the former being like equipment and the latter being like power weapons.
I agree, they could be endless use or a usage meter similar to how covenant weapons can’t be used once their energy is gone.
Ah the good old times of armor locking on an enemy vehicle making it explode. Made it a screenshot was awesome and satisfying.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2