Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Armor Customization?

OP D3F4UL71SM3

Do they have armor customizations? If so what kind? like Reach or Guardians?
Hopefully Halo 4 / Reach combined and Not Halo 5's this time. Just having only visor, helmet, and body changing is just unessesary.
Do they have armor customizations? If so what kind? like Reach or Guardians?
I feel confident that NOBODY wants the Halo 5 customization system to return.
already confirmed its going to be Similar to reach.
^^^
Similar to Reach would be best. So im happy that they plan to do it that way.
JunkieJD wrote:
^^^
I sure hope so. Reach & 4 had the best customization imo. Being able to alter everything about your character is what made the character feel like your personal spartan. Halo 5 missed the mark on that one i'm afraid.
JunkieJD wrote:
^^^
I sure hope so. Reach & 4 had the best customization imo. Being able to alter everything about your character is what made the character feel like your personal spartan. Halo 5 missed the mark on that one i'm afraid.
The problem with Halo 5 was that they thought of it more as quantity is better than quality. However I'm sure they know that isn't the case now. :)
JunkieJD wrote:
JunkieJD wrote:
^^^
The problem with Halo 5 was that they thought of it more as quantity is better than quality. However I'm sure they know that isn't the case now. :)
Yeah, upwards of 300 pieces each, but everything had 2-5 variants XD I'd rather see a small amount of armor, but a huge amount of customization for the pieces. (Damage, dirt, etc)
JunkieJD wrote:
JunkieJD wrote:
^^^
There was a reason for that, its because they wanted a massive pool of armour so the RNG rec system would take you ages to unlock what you actually wanted which would make people pay up on rec packs.

The rec packs are what ruined halo 5s armour customisation. I hope to god Infinite doesn't have rec packs or any micro-transactions for that matter.
JunkieJD wrote:
JunkieJD wrote:
^^^
Yeah, upwards of 300 pieces each, but everything had 2-5 variants XD I'd rather see a small amount of armor, but a huge amount of customization for the pieces. (Damage, dirt, etc)
Yeah, a lot of Halo 5’s armor looked rushed and uninspired to begin with, but then they had to make a bunch of variations of the armor that didn’t do anything except add white markings to it and was pointless.
JunkieJD wrote:
JunkieJD wrote:
^^^
Yeah, a lot of Halo 5’s armor looked rushed and uninspired to begin with, but then they had to make a bunch of variations of the armor that didn’t do anything except add white markings to it and was pointless.
That and it made the grind almost unbearable. If you're trying to complete your armory, but you need to grind out the rares so that your gold packs are actually getting you the best cost from your points, it just drags on. The way Halo 5 did it was really heavy handed towards using the req system and making you think about purchasing packs to get ahead of the grind.
I actually don’t mind if they make a few variants of the same armour as I guess they can be some kind of base paints and on top of them you get to add comms and filters like that of Halo Reach. Hopefully the customisation menu can be edited also as in halo 5 it takes quite a long time before I am able to find the armour or helmet I’m looking for as there’re just so many variants and they belong to different rarities, which is kind of ridiculous. I do hope that we won’t have to unlock these customisations using a micro-transaction system but that’s the trend these days sadly.
I actually don’t mind if they make a few variants of the same armour as I guess they can be some kind of base paints and on top of them you get to add comms and filters like that of Halo Reach. Hopefully the customisation menu can be edited also as in halo 5 it takes quite a long time before I am able to find the armour or helmet I’m looking for as there’re just so many variants and they belong to different rarities, which is kind of ridiculous. I do hope that we won’t have to unlock these customisations using a micro-transaction system but that’s the trend these days sadly.
The Halo 5 customization system was built completely around micro-transactions which is why it was so terrible. For the part of customizing the the customization menu that you mentioned it sounds like you want filters which did exist in Halo 5, but the filters weren’t very good.