Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Armor Customization

OP ScrapKrap

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I feel like Halo infinite should have Halo Reach customization but not with all the paint variants just different variants of helmets ad other gear, so it won't be as complicated in halo 5 than halo reach.
I'm with you. While I like Halo 3's armor the best, I think we can all agree Halo: Reach had the best armor customization. I'd like to see a return to that. Also, I think the different paint jobs in Halo 4/5 was more annoying than anything. Nothing sucks more than getting the same armor you already own over and over again.
Halo Reach and Halo 4 combined is best. The Halo 5 locked armor sets and 4 billion paint schemes sucks. The Halo 5 system was designed around getting people to pay for microtransactions which was painfully obvious.
Halo Reach customization was the best, so something closer to that would ideal.
Also you can customize every piece individually
Halo: Reach customization style should definitely be something that returns. The customization points were just so much better than having large amount of reskins and similar or ridiculous looking armor mostly.

And its preferable for few reasons in particular.
Firstly, even if you have less sets you can still have more unique armor mixes given there are more customization points.
Secondly, its just that much easier to manage in menus with reasonable amount of armor sets while still having more subsections for different pieces instead of having to scroll through hundreds of armors which look really similar to each other.
Thirdly, more time could be put to the quality of the designs given the Halo: Reach system didnt need that many complete sets given that customization points allowed for more choices overall.
At the absolute minimum, Halo: Infinite should have Halo 4 levels of customization. Ideally, and hopefully, they will go for Reach levels
Halo: Reach customization style should definitely be something that returns. The customization points were just so much better than having large amount of reskins and similar or ridiculous looking armor mostly.

And its preferable for few reasons in particular.
Firstly, even if you have less sets you can still have more unique armor mixes given there are more customization points.
Secondly, its just that much easier to manage in menus with reasonable amount of armor sets while still having more subsections for different pieces instead of having to scroll through hundreds of armors which look really similar to each other.
Thirdly, more time could be put to the quality of the designs given the Halo: Reach system didnt need that many complete sets given that customization points allowed for more choices overall.
That's something no one really brings up. Reach's method of viewing the armors was so good. Halo 5 just throws a bunch of little squares at you and you have to go through every individual one to see the difference.
A combination of Halo 4's customisation system and Reach's armor attachments would be great.
  • Helmet - Attachment
  • L / Shoulder - Attachment
  • R / Shoulder - Attachment
  • Chest - Attachment
  • Arms - Attachment
  • Legs - Attachment
  • Visor
  • Lights
  • Armor Effect
  • Material Slider (Similar to Mass Effect 2 / 3)
  • Weathering Slider (Similar to DOOM)
  • Colors
  • Emblem
This would accommodate both fans of the cleaner base armor look and fans of the grittier utilitarian look that Reach had.
I'd also like to see Halo 4's customisation applied to Elites, especially with the new art-style.
H8TRFFC wrote:
A combination of Halo 4's customisation system and Reach's armor attachments would be great.
  • Helmet - Attachment
  • Chest - Attachment
  • Arms - Attachment
  • Legs - Attachment
  • Visor
  • Lights
  • Armor Effect
  • Colors
  • Emblem
The material slider would allow you to choose from gloss, matte, fibre, etc. and the weathering slider would control how worn / damaged your spartan's armor is. The point of these would be to accommodate both fans of the cleaner base armor look, and fans of the grittier, more utilitarian look that Reach had.
I'd also like to see Halo 4's customisation applied to Elites, especially with the new art-style.
This I can definitely get behind
Honestly Halo: Infinite should have playable elites like in halo 3 and reach. The ability to change what type of elite you are will be amazing even with the new art style

And add a little of the halo 5, halo reach and halo 3 aspect into it. but not halo 5 armor customization for elites
To be honest, I would rather they increased the variety of customisation rather than going as specific as Reach did.

My dream customisation would be:

Helmet
Visor
Chest
Arms
Legs
Attachment (overlay items like pouches and bandoleers)
Undersuit (solid, coloured etc)
You are right would be good, Halo 5 has many helmets and bibs that in the personal is the same, being an excess and difficult to acquire
Although a reach-like armor customization system would be great, I feel that it would be better that if like Halo 3, there were less, but more memorable armor variants such as the Recon, Cqb, Security, etc. I’d rather have 343 make less, but cool looking halo armor variants vs hundreds of armor variants that are not all that great.
Halo: Reach definitely blew the water with customization, armour or any customization is always important to me in games please 343 be careful don't make things look stupid & give options but don't go insane obviously you can't give us everything then what's left for the next game ? Also too many options would make people look stupid & honestly not like a Spartan in my opinion .Arms shoulders legs helmet chest was a good limit . An idea I've always liked tho is the inside of the helmet the light blue hud make the default hardly visible like Halo 5 but if you want a different hud or color it would be a small cool gimic in my opinion .what does anyone else think?
H8TRFFC wrote:
  • Helmet - Attachment
  • Chest - Attachment
  • Arms - Attachment
  • Legs - Attachment
  • Visor
  • Lights
  • Armor Effect
  • Colors
  • Emblem
This would accommodate both fans of the cleaner base armor look and fans of the grittier utilitarian look that Reach had.
yup thats the think my fellow spartan!
Needs to bring so much back from reach, best customization, not no wack req cards through packs 😂
Yeah H5's armor was garbage and looked like plastic. Reach had the absolute best in the series. I also liked how the armor looked worn and battle hardened. The option to make your armor look used/dented/scratched would be awesome.
I would like to see different camouflage skins
I was a fan of Reach's customization, as well as a few points for Guardians. Mostly how contrast every helmet was with another, minus the paint job.

I would like a throw back to Reach in regards of the level of customization.

I know this thought won't be very popular, but I would like to see a small boost in stats from each piece of armor. Possibly only in the campaign, or if the game is open world with multiple players as their own Spartan IV. Where each piece would have to be earned and leveled. Something akin to an RPG.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2