Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Armor/Spartan Abilities to Equipment/Powerups

OP Snockooz

First off Base movement speed should be 115% - 125% of what it is now. Thrusters would still be a usable ability. Id ask that it’s cool down be sped up and for there to be no drop in elevation while thrusting but if it acts the same as Halo 5 than would be fine. Other than those two the Gameplay would be relatively the same as Halo 2 and 3.

Now for the real Meat of this idea. Spartan Abilities would become Power ups like overshield and camo. With this some maps having one type and other maps having another depending on what works with the map and some might have neither. The Types would consist of Speed and Airborne.

Speed would consist of Speed boost, multi thrusters, and Spartan Charge with a white glow on the users armor. While Speed boost would still be a power up in the game, this would act differently and work on different maps. Speed boost would be about 150% the speed of normal movement. Multi Thrusters would allow you to thrust 2-3 times before it needs to recharge and it will be 120% faster and further than normal. Spartan Charge would be a one hit kill but it would have 0 target magnetismas as well as 0 splash damag, more knock back, and you activate it by meleeing while thrusting.

Both Sprint and Slide would be removed… Though Slide could work by pressing the crouch button while thrusting.

Airborne consist of a Double jump, Stabilizers, and Ground Pound with a yellow glow on the users armor. The Double jump would overall be 150% the normal Jump height, maybe higher, as the first jump would be 100% high and the second would be the last 50%. Stabilizers will be much stronger than they were in Halo 5 as the user won’t be slowly falling and would be activated/deactivated by pressing the crouch button in the air (toggleable). The Stabilizer’s movement would be half the speed or normal ground movement and it would last up to 10 seconds. Ground pound would be about the same as it is in Halo 5.

Clamber would be removed and replaced with a double jump. Double jump can realistically do all the same things clamber can but in any direction while keeping your gun up and ready.

These Power up would last about 45 seconds same as the active camo in Halo 5.

Another thing that could come out of this is would be customizable trait based power ups for custom games and forge. You could make them like Halo 1-3 where you just walk through them to activate it, Halo 5 where have to equip it to activate it, or make it like equipment where pick it up and activate it when ever you want. Customizable Armor abilities/equipment.

In addition to these Armor abilities would also come back but would act more like equipment in Halo 3. They would be placed around the map and would only be usable once but you would hold on to them till you died or used them. Some could be multiple uses or a have duration of time that they stay active. The AAscould consist of a multitude of AAs and equipment that we have already seen in other Halo’s. To list a few.
Bubble Shield
Reginorator
Power drain
Gravity Lift
Flare
Trip mine
Auto turret
Hologram
Deployable cover
Hardlight shield
Jet Pack
Promethean vision
Armorlock/invincibility.
Ect.
I can go into depth on how these can work. And obviously new equipment/armor abilities can be added.
You would activate these by pressing up on the D pad
You could also edit them in Forge. Change the number it times you can use it or make it infinite, the recharge time, and the duration of time it stays active.

Now to the part that I will have the most fun with. Warzone(Or what ever the next big new game type is). As we already know Warzone is a Cluster Blam of overpowered weapon, vehicles, and power ups. So, as default both airborne and Speed will be active on every Spartan and they won't be disabled after 45 seconds. In addition AAs will be put in the the loadout section at the req station. Some would no long have the one time usage they do in normal MP. They would have cool downs of varying length depending on the AA and have different req levels just like Loadout weapons and armor mods.

Campaign would also have both Airborne and speed active. Although it would be cool if you gained them over time Similar to doom.

So what do you guys/gals think? Good idea, Bad Idea, do you think i should just suck it up and understand that Spartan Abilities and Armor abilities should never be in Halo again and every halo should just be a Halo 2/3 clone? Tell me what you think.
Interesting ideas. My only concern with the speed and airborne abilities would be if not all players have these abilities at all times, how will it be indicated that they have those abilities? With the overshield players appeared to have a denser more visible shield surrounding them. Cloaking was obviously invisible but that was the point. I think that being able to pull out these abilities with no warning would make them overpowered. Also, how would the spartan charge work with no sprint?
maybe in social but definitely not in competitive, I feel that the abilities don't bring any fun dynamics but rather ruin the game, I used to find them fun but they increase the pace too much, which is fine, but not in that way. It's hard to explain really. I would keep thrust though, that's the best ability they've added, and I would like to see equipment from halo 3 to make a return they added a new flavor to the game.
Interesting ideas. My only concern with the speed and airborne abilities would be if not all players have these abilities at all times, how will it be indicated that they have those abilities? With the overshield players appeared to have a denser more visible shield surrounding them. Cloaking was obviously invisible but that was the point. I think that being able to pull out these abilities with no warning would make them overpowered. Also, how would the spartan charge work with no sprint?
In the post it says Speed would make your armor glow white and Airborne would make it glow yellow. The powerup themselves would also be those color. Spartan charge is activated by meleeing while thrusting. This also ties it to thrust, so if its recharging then you cant spartan charge.
maybe in social but definitely not in competitive, I feel that the abilities don't bring any fun dynamics but rather ruin the game, I used to find them fun but they increase the pace too much, which is fine, but not in that way. It's hard to explain really. I would keep thrust though, that's the best ability they've added, and I would like to see equipment from halo 3 to make a return they added a new flavor to the game.
That would be fine. I disagree that they dont bring any fun dynamics though. One of the points of this post was to being armor abilities back and equipment but make them both function as one time use/multiple use/or limited time use pick ups just like equipment. The reason I say multiple use as well is so if some of them are just to weak or ineffective that they can be buffed by allowing multiple uses. Think flare and radar jammer. Both of these were rarely used because they just weren't all that effective. But if you tweak them and allow you to use them 3 times then they maybe more useful. Hologram is another one that wouldn't all that useful if you could one use it once.

This post has been hidden.

I'd say return armor abilities, but take recharge off some of the power ones (jet pack, bubble shield) while the more generic abilities (sprint, evade, clamber) do have a recharge. Now the one thing that did disappoint me in Reach is not all of the H3 equipment made it. The flare I though could have been an excellent secondary to active cammo giving you 2 different styles of invisibility. Grav lift could have been an alternative to jetpack so you could have one player in invasion as a pathfinder setting up short cuts. I don't know about deployable shields, maybe take the armor lock and give that as a secondary instead of that emp burst. For mines it would be interesting if there was a way to substitute them for your grenade slots. Give them a timer of a minuet or 90 seconds so players can't just camp also let grenades set them off prematurely.

As for color changing back in halo 3 I always went to set the custom power up to force black (the only color you could not give your spartan) as a way to identify a player had the custom powerup. For armor abilities it is pretty obvious when they are being used with the exception of hologram which that is the point and Promethean vision which I'd prefer if they do something else with enhanced visions sort of like the ODST visor.