Skip to main content
Infinite needs to keep some of the halo 5 armor tbh, I really like the shinobi and venator armor set and can’t forget about the beautiful fotus helmet! Would be a shame to get rid of these armor sets :/
It would be a shame if they didn't bring back any of the older armors. But I'm 99.9% sure we will see stuff like recon, fotus, shinobi, etc. But they will have to be unlocked through challenges / season pass (similar to how MCC is) most likely.
I found that most of the Halo 5 armors, especially FOTUS, to be really really ugly. No offense. I know they'll be coming back most likely, but I'd like a bigger focus on the older armors getting a facelift before they think about dumping the 5 ones in.
EchoAge98 wrote:
I found that most of the Halo 5 armors, especially FOTUS, to be really really ugly. No offense. I know they'll be coming back most likely, but I'd like a bigger focus on the older armors getting a facelift before they think about dumping the 5 ones in.
Agreed. I just want my precious ODST armor back. Helljumper is serviceable at best, in my opinion. There’s nothing wrong with the classic design, and I don’t understand what prompted 343 to change it so drastically.
90% of H5 armour was ugly in my opinion but there's definitely a handful of nice sets I'd like to see come back.
90% of H5 armour was ugly in my opinion but there's definitely a handful of nice sets I'd like to see come back.
Yeah I can agree on that there were lots of unnecessary armor variants in the game which almost nobody used but there are a few good ones like the sangheli armor helioskrill that were pretty impressive
As long as I can rock the modern scout helmet I'm cool
As long as I can rock the modern scout helmet I'm cool
I love how Halo 5 has both versions of Scout, even if the classic one is only included to mirror Jun’s look from Reach. Hopefully they do something like that in Infinite.
Call me crazy, but I think the Halo 3 Rogue helmet is really cool and I also like Security.

I'll be satisfied as long as the "cooler" armors and coatings are unlocked by completing challenges and accomplishing things as opposed to being bought.
I would love to see Fred's Centurion Armor from Halo Legends make it's debut. I especially want the shoulder pieces that house Fred's dual daggers. (((SPOILER AHEAD
for the next paragraph )))

In the most recent novel -- Halo Shadows of Reach -- the author has an excerpt that goes in depth with Fred's knife/hand to hand combat skills, and references why his armor features the dual knives in his custom shoulder pieces. I would also love to see a feature that allows us to display our custom tags on our chest piece just like in Halo Legends, and Master Chief's Infinite design.

I have an idea that could possibly solve the whole 'armor coating' dilemma. I am willing to except armor shaders that allow us to quickly swap to whichever shader we want in the situation that we want to take inspiration from a specific color way that 343 has provided us. I think that the main point of a coating is to feature the weathering of the armor. My proposal is that we select an armor coating that comes with a color way and weathering BUT we are able to select what color we want for each armor piece without interfering with the weathering (since the weathering is the main focus of the coating in this instance). For example, we can use an armor coating that is primarily Green and Blue as well as showcase some HEAVY damage from a plasma grenade. It would have a charred texture that extends from the chest and spreads out across the armor but the damage is not as prominent on other parts of the armor that are further than the initial chest explosion. We are then able to choose any color we want on any piece of armor that is equipped, but it does not affect the unique weathering that the coating already provides. This opens up an endless depth to the customization, may I dare say, it provides 'Infinite' possibilities.
I want a blue facemask as an armor over the master chief face. This year has been hell.
Halo 5's Argonaut is pretty decent. Well, the helmet at least. I wouldn't mind having the set back if it means they make the actual armour more unique, since armour in Halo 5 tends to look very similar. That, or it is very difficult to notice any differences.

Someone mentioned this one already, but I also want Security to return, with either design, as long as the Halo 3 one doesn't look like Halo 5. It wasn't necessarily bad in 5, but something looked off about it.

EchoAge98 wrote:
I also agree that Fotus isn't really all that great. The helmet is undeniably unique, though! Maybe if the set's colour distribution or whatever was better? I have it in 5, but I don't use it. I could never find a colour scheme I liked on the armour. Too many of 5's colours don't look very good on some armours, nor do they look different enough from other colours, but I believe that is because of the game's art/visual style or something.

Edit: there is kind of a recent thread for this already, maybe we should have all posted there...does this forum have a 'thread merging' function?