Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Armour colour

OP CrashingMoney65

All armour colours have all ways been available to every player.I think all plain colours should be however imagine if there were different colours you could unlock from achievements e.g a khaki camouflage armour.sort of like weapon skins but for armour. Some big unlock could be a rainbow colour which has a wave of colour everyone and again
Would be a nice idea. To make people work for those pretty colours!
That would be a cool idea, why not.
yeah it would be pretty cool to get different armor color patterns and effects.
Yeah that would be cool but if they did I hope they wouldn't make it a crazy grind to get it, or it not unlocking after you have done what was needed to be done to get it. I would like dirt like skins and damage armor parts as well, tired of the clean look.
It's not a bad idea but it's untraditional in Halo. I know Warframe does something like that.
I would like battle damage, and like dirty armour skins, but I don’t think you should have to unlock the colors.
Ken Static wrote:
It's not a bad idea but it's untraditional in Halo. I know Warframe does something like that.
Can you expand on that ? I've put a lifetime into Warframe. It has colour pallets you buy with platinum which is bought with real world money or earned from other players through the trading system, and some are randomly released at specific times of the year for in game credits, Halloween, St Patricks day etc. they get away with selling colour sets in Warframe because it's free to play. I'm not sure I would like that in Halo Infinite.
It's an interesting idea; however, it seems like a slippery slope that'll end up with base colors being locked in the long run.
I'd prefer colors and emblems to be available to everyone from the start as they were in the classic games.

Armor on the other hand would be great to actually have to work for.
It's an interesting idea; however, it seems like a slippery slope that'll end up with base colors being locked in the long run.
Why base colours i think they should be unlockable from the start
I'll rephrase my previous post. If we start locking colors it could lead to base colors getting locked in future games, which needless to say nobody wants.
I’d personally like a universal camo skin that can go on any armor that you customize the color for.
I personally don't like the idea of taking colors and patterns and making them unlockables. Kinda takes away from the whole creativity part if you ask me. Like imagine if in Forza you had to unlock decals and couldn't use the color you want because there wasn't any real meaningful post game content so they locked it instead. That's just how I see it though.
I'll rephrase my previous post. If we start locking colors it could lead to base colors getting locked in future games, which needless to say nobody wants.
Like with the emblems in Halo 4, how we had to unlock basic emblems that had been around since Halo 2 because "content".
How about instead we have all color start like the basic armor without any patterns or anything on it so people can choose to just be like the old days before Halo 4 and 5, and then you can have earnable patterns that you can unlock instead?

This way people who like the base armor with nothing on it can have that and people who like the designs can earn them and put them on?
How about instead we have all color start like the basic armor without any patterns or anything on it so people can choose to just be like the old days before Halo 4 and 5, and then you can have earnable patterns that you can unlock instead?

This way people who like the base armor with nothing on it can have that and people who like the designs can earn them and put them on?
This is exactly what I said
I'd like this idea only if colours were unlocked by progression rather than purchase, REQs will pretty much be making a return in Infinite so I hope what is included inside them is scaled back a bit so that some items can be obtained like in older Halo games, such as campaign difficulty specific completion.

Halo 5 made armor (+other things) acquisition boring, it was no longer a sight of achievement, knowing somebody did [x] to obtain certain armor sets was quite the boast to have, but in Halo 5 there isn't really a difference between the armor in terms of it's acquisition, only a few are unlockable by means other than REQs and seeing how they treated Helioskrill by casually putting 2 skin variants in REQs and thus devaluing the time it took to get the original variant bothered, and still bothers me, I hope this doesn't happen again.

On a side note I love the idea of camo pattern colours, that'd be sweet to see.
UEG Horus wrote:
I'd prefer colors and emblems to be available to everyone from the start as they were in the classic games.

Armor on the other hand would be great to actually have to work for.
I very much disagree, for example halo 3 was awesome cuz you played to get your stuff. Making it with nothing to work for will just make it a boring halo game.
Vohark wrote:
I'd like this idea only if colours were unlocked by progression rather than purchase, REQs will pretty much be making a return in Infinite so I hope what is included inside them is scaled back a bit so that some items can be obtained like in older Halo games, such as campaign difficulty specific completion.

Halo 5 made armor (+other things) acquisition boring, it was no longer a sight of achievement, knowing somebody did [x] to obtain certain armor sets was quite the boast to have, but in Halo 5 there isn't really a difference between the armor in terms of it's acquisition, only a few are unlockable by means other than REQs and seeing how they treated Helioskrill by casually putting 2 skin variants in REQs and thus devaluing the time it took to get the original variant bothered, and still bothers me, I hope this doesn't happen again.

On a side note I love the idea of camo pattern colours, that'd be sweet to see.
How do you know REQ packs will pretty much be making a return ?

343i have already stated that Halo Infinite will not have paid loot crates, REQ packs are loot crates. They also stated fans that enjoyed the Halo Reach system would feel good about the Halo Infinite system, or words like that, I'm typing from memory I don't have the quote but it gives me the impression we're not getting an RNG, REQ unlock system. It would be great to have things like colours and designs tied to progression.