Art style kills my hype for this game

OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

It doesn't look stylistically retro, it looks like straight up bad graphics.

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

This looks like an outsourced indie or mobile game.
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox

I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox
343 can do better, as they've proven twice.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part

343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.

How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

Red teams armor in hw2 is fantastic.Chiefs halo 4 armor was awful compared to halo 2 and 3

Red teams armor in hw2 is fantastic.Chiefs halo 4 armor was awful compared to halo 2 and 3
Yes H4 Chief armour doesn't make sense. Shoehorning in nanobot technology to upgrade it was a silly idea. The reverting back to a classic look was the step in the right direction.

Yes H4 Chief armour doesn't make sense. Shoehorning in nanobot technology to upgrade it was a silly idea. The reverting back to a classic look was the step in the right direction.
I dont necessarily mind nanobots,but that drastic of change wasnt necessary

i loved it, i just hate the lack of gameplay

I dont necessarily mind nanobots,but that drastic of change wasnt necessary
I can't recall if that technology has been used anywhere else in the series? If it was for the one time only changing of chief's armour then they might as well use it in other situations, maybe not in game though. Just in the books.

You’re just wrong homie I’m sorry. You’re one of few who don’t like this

his armor was awful in halo 4/5, it wasn't what halo needed.
I think your problem is the color change. And maybe it doesn't look gritty enough. I would agreee on both, but there's plenty time for that to possibly change.

Did you see the color and grit in Halo Wars 2? They looked spectacular. Halo 5 looked too clean, too shiny. This is at least more realistic.

I like the trailer's art style.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The Halo 4 armor was spiritually Mark 7, they just didn't have a canon reason to call it that so they said the nanobots thing. It's really not important at all.

This new Infinite armor is still very different looking from 2/3. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

You guys just like 343 pandering to retro styles because apparently any throwback to Bungie is automatically good. It's clear to me you have no taste, you just robotically go "retro good, boo new things" without any regard to aesthetics.

I'm surprised you didn't complain when the Tomb Raider reboot didn't feature triangle boobs.
Do you realize the whole "nanobots" excuse for the change in art style came out of an interview with Frank O'Connor? It was hardly even cannon. That unto itself was a terrible choice of remark. If it were genuinely Mark 7, it would've been canonically stated.

Your ignorance to accept that people have different tastes than you do is kind of hilarious. Maybe (just MAYBE) people have a different opinion than you do? That's just my take.
I actually really liked what they showed for for art style. Its a good mixture of both new and old and I love the aspect of taking ideas from Chiefs Halo Legends Armor
The Halo 4 armor was spiritually Mark 7, they just didn't have a canon reason to call it that so they said the nanobots thing. It's really not important at all.

This new Infinite armor is still very different looking from 2/3. I don't see anyone complaining about that.

You guys just like 343 pandering to retro styles because apparently any throwback to Bungie is automatically good. It's clear to me you have no taste, you just robotically go "retro good, boo new things" without any regard to aesthetics.

I'm surprised you didn't complain when the Tomb Raider reboot didn't feature triangle boobs.
Do you realize the whole "nanobots" excuse for the change in art style came out of an interview with Frank O'Connor? It was hardly even cannon. That unto itself was a terrible choice of remark. If it were genuinely Mark 7, it would've been canonically stated.

Your ignorance to accept that people have different tastes than you do is kind of hilarious. Maybe (just MAYBE) people have a different opinion than you do? That's just my take.
Do you know what "spiritually" means?
I really don't like a lot of the artistic changes in Halo 4 and 5...But I did like Chief's armour. Didn't like how it came about though, because had it been Mjolnir Mk VII, I would have loved it.

I didn't like Chief's armour in Halo Legends, but forgave it because of the media format. When I saw it in Forward Unto Dawn, I disliked it even more. Seeing armour VERY similar to it now...Unless it's supposed to be the very same armour, and Chief is wearing it because his Mk VI can't be repaired, I'm still going to dislike it. Probably more so, as it's now in the games.

I don't get your issue, they made him look like the Master Chief again, not a tank that talks.

I don't get your issue, they made him look like the Master Chief again, not a tank that talks.
Master Chief looks like whatever armor he's wearing looks like. He underwent a change from 1-2. Did you complain then?

You guys also drastically exaggerate how different his 4/5 armor looks from his 2/3. They did an impressive job of creating something modern and fresh while still resembling his iconic self AND looking cool on its own. But now we're throwing all that away because the hardcore traditionalists complained and got their way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 8