OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8
To me, Mater Chief's armor reminded me of his Halo 3 set.
lol better than the power rangers -Yoink- from 4/5.

I would much rather them copy true halo than create something new that isnt halo.
I liked Halo 5 style armors, except a few extreme ones but that's personal taste. I have to say seeing the one in the trailer made me a very good impression, which I didn't really expect honestly. So maybe give it a chance and see how it looks in game isn't a bad idea. I don't mind them going back to classic art style if the final result is good.
I know something feels very off, and this is from the guy who liked h2As version of chief
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

It doesn't look stylistically retro, it looks like straight up bad graphics.

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

This looks like an outsourced indie or mobile game.
I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox
343 can do better, as they've proven twice.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.
I don't get your issue, they made him look like the Master Chief again, not a tank that talks.
Master Chief looks like whatever armor he's wearing looks like. He underwent a change from 1-2. Did you complain then?

You guys also drastically exaggerate how different his 4/5 armor looks from his 2/3. They did an impressive job of creating something modern and fresh while still resembling his iconic self AND looking cool on its own. But now we're throwing all that away because the hardcore traditionalists complained and got their way.
They obviously didn’t do a great job that pleased everyone if people are extremely happy with this new artsyle direction in infinite. And it’s not hardcore traditionalists it’s the vast majority of the community
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

Kerminater you're the only user I've seen complain so far. You've created/posted multiple threads about this already.
You're totally free to do that but it's not making anyone agree more.

And "outsourced indie or mobile game" ? Come onnnnn lol
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
It looks great, clean fresh , that what the bungie games looked like. bring it on
lol better than the power rangers -Yoink- from 4/5.

I would much rather them copy true halo than create something new that isnt halo.
He looks closer to a Power Ranger now you dunce.
I’m sorry but almost no one will agree with you on this

THANK YOU!!! Idk what wrong with people something about it is off. No just no.

I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

I don't get your issue, they made him look like the Master Chief again, not a tank that talks.
Master Chief looks like whatever armor he's wearing looks like. He underwent a change from 1-2. Did you complain then?

You guys also drastically exaggerate how different his 4/5 armor looks from his 2/3. They did an impressive job of creating something modern and fresh while still resembling his iconic self AND looking cool on its own. But now we're throwing all that away because the hardcore traditionalists complained and got their way.
That's because we received actual upgraded armor from Halo CE to Halo 2 and beyond. Halo 2-3's armor has became iconic and for a long time was the face of both Master Chief and the Xbox. That design is more iconic then whatever the hell Halo 4 and 5 called the armor. Master Chief finally looks like Master Chief far the first time in 7 years. I am sorry if Halo 4 was your first Halo, but from someone who has been with Halo since the first game, that armor design is more Halo then the bulky, slow looking armor he wears in Halo 4-5. The Halo 4-5 armor looks like a mech suit that he controls rather than a actual suit of armor. Is the graphics perfect, no, thats because its a work in progress, but Master Chief finally look like what he was ALWAYS meant to look, I for the life of me can't figure out why they felt the need to change the armor after Halo 3, they should have just gave him a new suit of armor, atleast then it would not have ruined his iconic look.
I mean if y'all want classic Halo then you can just go play classic Halo. New Halos should be, you know, new.

They obviously didn’t do a great job that pleased everyone if people are extremely happy with this new artsyle direction in infinite. And it’s not hardcore traditionalists it’s the vast majority of the community
This. I know maybe 1 person that liked the armor for Chief in Halo 4/5. Always looked the best in Halo 2/3 in my opinion.
I've never seen the so-called "Power Ranger" resemblance from any of Chief's armors. Ever. That's a stretch and a half.

The style is definitely more retro and I don't love it, but I'm not bothered by it either. Let the artists create their vision of Chief (within moderation and this is easily in moderation).

This particular shade of green though.... it's a little distracting in its.... greeny-ness. Too lime? Too bright? I quite don't know...

EDIT: Spelling

That's because we received actual upgraded armor from Halo CE to Halo 2 and beyond. Halo 2-3's armor has became iconic and for a long time was the face of both Master Chief and the Xbox. That design is more iconic then whatever the hell Halo 4 and 5 called the armor. Master Chief finally looks like Master Chief far the first time in 7 years. I am sorry if Halo 4 was your first Halo, but from someone who has been with Halo since the first game, that armor design is more Halo then the bulky, slow looking armor he wears in Halo 4-5. The Halo 4-5 armor looks like a mech suit that he controls rather than a actual suit of armor. Is the graphics perfect, no, thats because its a work in progress, but Master Chief finally look like what he was ALWAYS meant to look, I for the life of me can't figure out why they felt the need to change the armor after Halo 3, they should have just gave him a new suit of armor, atleast then it would not have ruined his iconic look.
He's had this armor for almost 7 years now. That's nearly as long as he had his 2/3 armor. It should be iconic and to be honest, it is. You see it at cosplay conventions all the time and the actual lore community embraces it.

I have been with Halo since the first too. I don't know why you think only a newcomer could enjoy the evolution of series' look. He doesn't need to look identical to his most popular suit of armor to be iconic. That's ridiculous.

And I'll say it again, Halo 4 armor was spiritually Mark 7 but without a convenient canon explanation to call it such. Going back to a retro style at this point feels jarring.
What's with all these anti-classic artstyle threads popping up? 343 gave us the old look and now suddenly people want them to go back to 4 and 5's designs?
What's with all these anti-classic artstyle threads popping up? 343 gave us the old look and now suddenly people want them to go back to 4 and 5's designs?
What do you mean "suddenly"?

Also, communities are not hiveminds. We are individuals with different wants.

Where were you guys when they were talking about switching the art style back

Where were you guys when they were talking about switching the art style back
Uhh doing the same thing I'm doing now...?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 8