1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

It doesn't look stylistically retro, it looks like straight up bad graphics.

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

This looks like an outsourced indie or mobile game.
I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox
343 can do better, as they've proven twice.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.
I don't get your issue, they made him look like the Master Chief again, not a tank that talks.
Master Chief looks like whatever armor he's wearing looks like. He underwent a change from 1-2. Did you complain then?

You guys also drastically exaggerate how different his 4/5 armor looks from his 2/3. They did an impressive job of creating something modern and fresh while still resembling his iconic self AND looking cool on its own. But now we're throwing all that away because the hardcore traditionalists complained and got their way.
That's because we received actual upgraded armor from Halo CE to Halo 2 and beyond. Halo 2-3's armor has became iconic and for a long time was the face of both Master Chief and the Xbox. That design is more iconic then whatever the hell Halo 4 and 5 called the armor. Master Chief finally looks like Master Chief far the first time in 7 years. I am sorry if Halo 4 was your first Halo, but from someone who has been with Halo since the first game, that armor design is more Halo then the bulky, slow looking armor he wears in Halo 4-5. The Halo 4-5 armor looks like a mech suit that he controls rather than a actual suit of armor. Is the graphics perfect, no, thats because its a work in progress, but Master Chief finally look like what he was ALWAYS meant to look, I for the life of me can't figure out why they felt the need to change the armor after Halo 3, they should have just gave him a new suit of armor, atleast then it would not have ruined his iconic look.
He's had this armor for almost 7 years now. That's nearly as long as he had his 2/3 armor. It should be iconic and to be honest, it is. You see it at cosplay conventions all the time and the actual lore community embraces it.

I have been with Halo since the first too. I don't know why you think only a newcomer could enjoy the evolution of series' look. He doesn't need to look identical to his most popular suit of armor to be iconic. That's ridiculous.

And I'll say it again, Halo 4 armor was spiritually Mark 7 but without a convenient canon explanation to call it such. Going back to a retro style at this point feels jarring.
The Halo 2-3 armor became iconic, because it was new armor, it was a logical upgrade over the Mark V and in all honesty was much sleeker than CE's. Halo 2 and 3's armor became almost a instant hit and fit in with the artstyle, while giving something new. If still felt like Halo. Chiefs armor in 4 and 5 did not have this same effect, it was not new armor, we were lead to believe that his armor just magically became more bulky and just conveniently matched the upgraded gen 2 armor that the UNSC had at the time. What did the UNSC beam Cortana the schematics despite not knowing where she and Chief was for 5 years? It felt changed for the sake of being changed and did not fit in to Halo's established artstyle, which is why the maps, Covenant, weapons, vehicles ect. all had a massive artstyle change, Halo's artstyle had to change to accomidate Master Chief's new armor rather than his armor fitting in to the established style. This is why so many did not like the armor, and with that negativity tainting it, it does not matter if he has had this armor for shorter or longer than he had the Halo 2-3 armor, we did not like it then and we still don't like it now, He finally looks like what he is suppose to look like, he does not look like a product of 343 trying to imprint themselves into a game series they did not create. They were to focused on making THEIR version of Halo and just ignored the Halo that was already established. Honestly after seeing this trailer and how it opened up, it feels more like Halo 4 and 5 were a alternate universe and this Halo is finally following after Halo 3.
What's with all these anti-classic artstyle threads popping up? 343 gave us the old look and now suddenly people want them to go back to 4 and 5's designs?
What do you mean "suddenly"?

Also, communities are not hiveminds. We are individuals with different wants.
Where were you guys when they were talking about switching the art style back
Uhh doing the same thing I'm doing now...?
You seemed to be the minority then
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

THANK YOU!!! Idk what wrong with people something about it is off. No just no.
Um maybe its off because its a tech demo and a WORK IN PROGRESS. Jesus, what do you expect them to finish the game before they reveal it? Things are going to be off but maybe its so off because we finally have Halo back and your just used to the Power Rangers expansion we have been playing for the past 7 years.

I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.
Obviously you weren't a fan of Halo since the beginning. The way you talk, not that others can agree, but it sounds like you enjoyed Halo since Halo 4.

They've proven to do better twice? Halo 4s armor is bulky and out of place and halo 5s armor is just an improvement of halo 3s armor not halo 4s
I mean if y'all want classic Halo then you can just go play classic Halo. New Halos should be, you know, new.
And if you want new halos you can go play halo 5 or play halo 4 on the mcc
Ideally I would have preferred they kept Chief's Halo 5 armour but revert everything else to the classic art style.

I'm not normally this guy. but I'm pretty sure he isn't legally allowed to make a Halo game unless he worked at 343.
I actually liked Chief's armor in Halo 4 and 5, but I like this rendition a bit better so far. They kept his H4/5 frame, but gave him more of a throwback H2/3 armor set.
You guys just like 343 pandering to retro styles because apparently any throwback to Bungie is automatically good. It's clear to me you have no taste, you just robotically go "retro good, boo new things" without any regard to aesthetics.
Man this E3 was such an eye opener, suddenly all the hypocrites come out of the woodwork.

It's okay for you to like Halo 4/5's armor, but having a positive opinion towards Halo Infinite's armor means that they have no taste and are just being moved by bias?
I think his armor looks amazing, sure the green isn't great but it's over a year from release I'm sure 343 could improve that
I think it’s okay, and the final product will look better. We’re 1.5 years from release.
Looks amazing to me, I love the Halo Legends inspiration for his armour.
You guys just like 343 pandering to retro styles because apparently any throwback to Bungie is automatically good. It's clear to me you have no taste, you just robotically go "retro good, boo new things" without any regard to aesthetics.
Man this E3 was such an eye opener, suddenly all the hypocrites come out of the woodwork.

It's okay for you to like Halo 4/5's armor, but having a positive opinion towards Halo Infinite's armor means that they have no taste and are just being moved by bias?
Dont hit these people with logic apparently they cant handle it
As they say, you can't please everyone.
I am thrilled with the way the Chief is looking now. Just earlier, I flicked back and forward between the Discover Hope armour and images of the Master Chief from classic Halo 2, 3 and 4. This is definitely one of my favourite iterations of the Master Chief I've ever seen. They've taken the classic MJOLNIR Mark VI and enhanced it to fit a new Halo moving forward. Not even Halo 2 Anniversary did as good of a job as being faithful to the Chief while also improving his armour. I'll probably always like Halo 3's the most, but I am absolutely loving the way they are moving the visuals forward based on this trailer. Halo 4 or 5 didn't pull it off for me. H2A didn't pull it off for me. But Infinite is looking amazing! Love the Pelican interior as well. Reminds me of classic Halo CE and 2. Considering it's all rendered in-engine and not simply CGI, I can't wait to see more!
No idea what OP is talking about.

I actually liked Chief's armor in Halo 4 and 5, but I like this rendition a bit better so far. They kept his H4/5 frame, but gave him more of a throwback H2/3 armor set.
They basically went with the original MJOLNIR Mark VI design (as it appeared in H2 and 3) but moved all the pieces to more logical positions (somewhat similar to Halo 4/5), stylised it, enhanced it visually, and voilà!

Love the green too. I don't get what people dislike about it. Looks perfect to me. Very Master Chief.
If anything, the art style going back to a classic Halo direction is helping to bring my friends and I back.
I found the uncanny problem with the graphics: the base white is slightly to blueish and the gamma is to high.

This is easily fixable.
Here are some fixed example pictures:

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designs

I also morphed the armor to give greater ranges of motion in the shoulder and hip. this fixes the toy soldier problem and makes the design sleeker.
I LOVE what they're doing so far! The lighting is reminding me of the FIRST H2 trailer and the look and feel of what we had on Cairo Station in H2. Chief looks like the best mix of classic suits mixed with some new and that suit he wore in the Legends anime. Epic.
AR looks like a continuation of Reach style. I mean, it all looks amazing as well.

For a game that we know nothing about this is enough to get me hyped. This is what I've wanted with H4 to begin with.
The community have been asking for a change for a very long time now. But it's understandable that not everyone is going to be happy.

I think that the trailer looks great, and I can't wait to play this on PC in 1440p 144 fps.
I mean if y'all want classic Halo then you can just go play classic Halo. New Halos should be, you know, new.
And if you want Call of Duty: Halo Edition you can go play Halo's 4 and 5. It works both ways.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 8