3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6
  8. ...
  9. 8
X19Doug95 wrote:
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

It doesn't look stylistically retro, it looks like straight up bad graphics.

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

This looks like an outsourced indie or mobile game.
I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox
I'm not normally this guy. but I'm pretty sure he isn't legally allowed to make a Halo game unless he worked at 343.
Technically as long as you don't reuse already made assets from Halo and build everything from Scratch as well as don't use Halo's name, you actually could make your own halo. Look at Installation 01, its a fan made halo and has the ok from 343 because they made everything from scratch, they did not take assets and reuse them.
<p></p>
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox
343 can do better, as they've proven twice.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.
It really wasn't. The reason they're going back to the classic armor design is that the vast majority of the fanbase both casual and hardcore do not like the new Spartan designs among many other changes. It put me off when I saw the initial trailer for Halo 4 and I still don't like it. The dark green of the plating and blotches of black where the undersuit blend together makes for this muddy design that sinks into the sea of generic power armor designs that have sprung up over the past decade.

The new suit for Infinite on the other hand is great. Classic CE green, meaty metal, simple clean silhouette, all round good classic design and one that has stood the test of time.
This community I don't know it does something that just makes you grasp for whatever delusions you all have and make it seem like you're right but you're wrong Halo 5 was great not quite great but not quite bad either to hear this nonsense constantly constantly owe the armor was bad but the gameplay was bad like seriously I've seen many game in era for almost 35 years but community is by far so toxic.
i modified another image in the same fashion as the previous ones.
- less gamma
- more warm white light
- steeper contrat curve
- more freedom of movement for chief's armor

https://imgur.com/a/FN0TmJf
This community I don't know it does something that just makes you grasp for whatever delusions you all have and make it seem like you're right but you're wrong Halo 5 was great not quite great but not quite bad either to hear this nonsense constantly constantly owe the armor was bad but the gameplay was bad like seriously I've seen many game in era for almost 35 years but community is by far so toxic.
It was also the least-sold main Halo game in the franchise. You need to face the fact that a majority of the fanbase were put off by the new direction and didn't like that 343i was essentially trying to jettison all that came before it. The reactions I've seen across the web (and anecdotal evidence from my friends during the reveal) show positive reception for a return to form.

People wanted Halo back. I love how you guys who defended Halo 4 and 5's changes to EVERYTHING say "the majority of the community doesn't care. 343i can do what they want," but now that they actually, y'know LISTEN TO THEIR FANBASE FINALLY, it's wrong?

Okay man.
It was also the least-sold main Halo game in the franchise. You need to face the fact that a majority of the fanbase were put off by the new direction and didn't like that 343i was essentially trying to jettison all that came before it. The reactions I've seen across the web (and anecdotal evidence from my friends during the reveal) show positive reception for a return to form.

People wanted Halo back. I love how you guys who defended Halo 4 and 5's changes to EVERYTHING say "the majority of the community doesn't care. 343i can do what they want," but now that they actually, y'know LISTEN TO THEIR FANBASE FINALLY, it's wrong?

Okay man.
Yes least sold but that not how the real world works, financially it yielded microsoft good revenue within its first week.

Okay man.
Yes least sold but that not how the real world works, financially it yielded microsoft good revenue within its first week.
Because Halo 5 has microtransactions, which none of the older Halos had. And that still doesn't change the fact that it was less popular than all of the Halos before it. That doesn't change the fact that Halo has declined in popularity since the end of the Bungie-era. You gonna move the goalpost, again?

Okay man.
Because Halo 5 has microtransactions, which none of the older Halos had. And that still doesn't change the fact that it was less popular than all of the Halos before it. That doesn't change the fact that Halo has declined in popularity since the end of the Bungie-era. You gonna move the goalpost, again?
Bungie will no longer make halo games move over your nostalgic blindness, popularity is not a measure of financial success.
Echo p q wrote:
I found the uncanny problem with the graphics: the base white is slightly to blueish and the gamma is to high.

This is easily fixable.
Here are some fixed example pictures:

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designsI also morphed the armor to give greater ranges of motion in the shoulder and hip. this fixes the toy soldier problem and makes the design sleeker.
Could you possibly remove the codpiece and replace it with the groin armor?

My biggest gripe with this set is the space-diaper.

Okay man.
Bungie will no longer make halo games move over your nostalgic blindness, popularity is not a measure of financial success.
Kind of is,the more popular a game is the more people will buy it
Hate to be that guy, but I loved Halo 4-5's armor...

But I slowly grew out of it and realised I had more love for the original 2-3 armor... As people say, the Iconic silhouette of chief never stuck with the 4-5 armour because the games weren't that great in many peoples point of view (Including mine).

To me I do have nostalgia goggles when It comes to games I loved.

I think it's far fetched to say retro fans are killing the game when really they're reintroducing long lost fans.

I don't understand why people say it looks like bad graphics? From a 3D modelling point of view, the detail is insane!

Whilst I do have my gripes against the colour, to be practical, that shade of green is very similar to what modern olive green ceramic paints used on guns.

And saying it looks too plastic diminishes how actual paint works. Remember, it's 500 years in the future. We don't need beat up armors with metal showing all the time. Especially when paints (such as the one I mentioned, ceramic mixed paints) are basically invincible to most wear.

Don't forget. He was in space. A vacuum. I'm pretty sure any dirt that was one him would've blown off xD
Revaci wrote:
Echo p q wrote:
I found the uncanny problem with the graphics: the base white is slightly to blueish and the gamma is to high.

This is easily fixable.
Here are some fixed example pictures:

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designsI also morphed the armor to give greater ranges of motion in the shoulder and hip. this fixes the toy soldier problem and makes the design sleeker.
Could you possibly remove the codpiece and replace it with the groin armor?

My biggest gripe with this set is the space-diaper.
I love the codpiece. lol

I was happy to see it return with the Mark VI GENI in Halo 5 and I'm glad it's back for Halo Infinite.

Okay man.
You literally have no argument except for "Shut up!"

Well, luckily it looks like 343i is going in a different direction, eh? I'm sure they'll make even more money with the microtransactions and making overtures to bringing back long lost fans. Financial success matters above all else, right? We'll see how the money compares once the game drops in 2020.

Okay man.
really, so why did Halo 3 and Reach, hold their population, far longer than 4 or 5 did? Hell it took Reach releasing to finally kill off Halo 3's population, Yet after about 6 months Halo 4 and 5 were dropped off. Halo 5 only really still lingers on, because of the forge mode and custom games browser, if it were not for those 2 factors, Halo 5 would be a ghost town, buy now. It is clear as rain that the older Halos are more desireable and should be the future of the franchise, not Halo 4 and 5. I want so badly for 343 to come out and state that Halo Infinite is the true sequel to Halo 3, and that 4 and 5 were "What If" stories. This is the first time in 7 years that Halo actually looks like Halo. That should be something to be praised about, not looked at as if its some means of going backwards.
Thank you Chaotic, this needed to be said. I'm not trying to undermine anyone or cause a bunch of negativity in regards to Halo 4 or 5 or 343, because I love 343 for putting work into Halo and not giving up on their fan base and for doing what they are doing with Halo Infinite. But I agree that 4 and 5 were not near as successful compared to the older games. They just weren't enjoyable. But that is okay... 343 is fixing it now. In my own honest opinion I think all these dudes complaining about the trailer are just guys who jumped on the bandwagon in recent years and are not nearly as immersed in the Halo universe as the day one Halo players are. They are more entertained by flashing lights, fancy armor abilities, loadouts and killstreaks than actual good gameplay, realism, and story telling. It just stems from the modern generations lust for instant gratification and their nack for trying to be innovative for the sake of being innovative. Halo 4 and 5 are examples of this. If ain't broke don't fix it. There are ways to keep the winning formula for Halo while still progressing the franchise and updating it. You don't always have to reinvent the wheel. Halo Infinite looks to be making huge steps in the right direction. And if it is anything like the OG Halo games then even you guys talking it down now will be in for a huge surprise when you play Halo for what it is and fall in love.
I'm the complete opposite!!! The art style gets me excited for this game, which is nice as my hype for 5 was very so-so after TMCC and Halo 4 which for me was a complete let down in almost every area.

I started with CE, so maybe I have a different view then others do here, but I can honestly say so far (key word there...) I actually am encouraged a lot from what I see so far with the art style and music in Infinite, which in my opinion has been kicked to the curb since Reach. Not using those iconic themes from past games and replacing them with new ones, just really ruined my play experience. Not to say all the music was bad in 4 or 5, but the majority just wasn't Halo sounding to me.

Anyways, sorry I got off topic there a little bit.
The armor is beautiful. But the colour is too light green, I prefer it darker

343 can do better, as they've proven twice.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.
So you were happy with his redesign in 4/5 while classic fans weren't. Now it's switched around and you're not happy? Honestly too bad, man. This design looks more like Master Chief, and Spartan armor in general, than what we had in 4/5.

Fans wanted a more classic look. Literally no one asked for the designs in 4/5, they were forced on us with lame explanations. This is 343 doing better.
Agree to disagree...
To me, this is his best armor by far.
Agree to disagree...
To me, this is his best armor by far.
A bit darker green and it’s perfect
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. 6