5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8
Agree to disagree...
To me, this is his best armor by far.
A bit darker green and it’s perfect
I personally prefer brighter colors but I can understand the arguments for darker. Based on past games both individual colors work and I have no qualms with either.
JB Linken wrote:
Revaci wrote:
Echo p q wrote:
I found the uncanny problem with the graphics: the base white is slightly to blueish and the gamma is to high.

This is easily fixable.
Here are some fixed example pictures:

Imgur: Halo infinite E3 2019: Proposition for advanced designsI also morphed the armor to give greater ranges of motion in the shoulder and hip. this fixes the toy soldier problem and makes the design sleeker.
Could you possibly remove the codpiece and replace it with the groin armor?

My biggest gripe with this set is the space-diaper.
I love the codpiece. lol

I was happy to see it return with the Mark VI GENI in Halo 5 and I'm glad it's back for Halo Infinite.
Sure, it just looks far too prominent for me.

Squint your eyes and it looks suggestive.
Halo 6 has a new engine that's pushing closer into the unncanny valley then Mega Bloks Master Chief shows up and my suspension of disbelief goes out the window. I'm not going to rip other peoples opinions here. I liked MC's H4&5 armor and this feels like 343 is at the mercy of legendary H2 jackal snipers (parts of this community). Too bad 343 didn't copy Bungie's true legacy of stubborn indifference towards it's Destiny community .

One other thing, if someone actually didn't buy a Halo because of a difference in art style... I mean come on.... Really.... Come on.
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

It doesn't look stylistically retro, it looks like straight up bad graphics.

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

This looks like an outsourced indie or mobile game.
Okay i get what you mean a bit with the armor, the green could be a bit darker. I don't see any problems with the armor design as itself though, Halo has always had some stylistic liberties and almost cartoon-like graphics until Halo 4 due to tech limitations from the time. Once 343 came along the series took a much more realistic grounded look but it didn't feel Halo, I find the mix of the bulkiness of the 343 era master chief and the classic Mark VI style armor works quite well together. The game has a lot more time until launch so I wouldn't doubt they'll make an adjustment, it could also be the lighting in the pelican because it seems a bit better when he's standing in the control room.
I really like the Halo art style for Halo 4, but I think Halo 5 has a problem that things looks too bright and the textures looks more like plastic.
343 is reverting the art style back to please the nostalgia of the fans, but if they keep the things like plastic then this is useless.
Oh my god, can this thread just disappear. Infinite's art design thus far is the best thing to come out of Halo in recent years.
I think Chief looks amazing! I will say, I'm not sure how sold I am on the color choice of the armor. I prefer the Halo 3 olive color, and the 117 I think is too on the nose. But other than that, I think it...looks...FANTASTIC.
I somewhat agree. His armor is from when was 17, the Mark IV, think Halo Forward Unto Dawn.

Why in the hell would he be in his Mark IV armor, from when he was a teenager? And why is it so bright? Hardly tactical. It's just tacky. C'mon now. Go back to the olive drab, and braille.

And I agree with a few other posts as well. It looks cartoony. This is unacceptable.

Halo was always a great looking game graphically speaking when it released. This, I just don't know. It is reminiscent of Halo Legends.

Just a thought, the first trailer we seen at last year's E3, his armor looked different from the Mark IV in this trailer. It was sleeker. And this Armor is clearly his original armor. Perhaps we can change his Armor?

I enjoyed the trailer though, I'm excited for the game. His armor color, and the Mark IV with giant white 117 bothers me.
The first thing I thought after watching the trailer was how amazing the art style is. This fits way more with the OT than with 4 and 5 and I love it so far.
ZnaZanZ wrote:
The first thing I thought after watching the trailer was how amazing the art style is. This fits way more with the OT than with 4 and 5 and I love it so far.
First thing I thought was, why does Master Chief look like he's from Halo Mega Blocks? Then it was why is his armor such a bright green? Why is he in the Mark IV from Halo Forward Unto Dawn? He was a teenager then.

Other than that, I enjoyed the trailer. Outside of John looking cartoony
NxtDutch wrote:
ZnaZanZ wrote:
First thing I thought was, why does Master Chief look like he's from Halo Mega Blocks? Then it was why is his armor such a bright green? Why is he in the Mark IV from Halo Forward Unto Dawn? He was a teenager then.

He's not wearing the Mark IV. Whilst i do see some similarities i believe its hugely based off the Halo 2A anniversary model.

Seriously if you think this is the exact model as the fuf/thepackage mkiv you need to get your eyes checked. Im sorry but it erks me when people try to compare things that are very different.

Might I add thr mkIV from thr package is based off thr MkVI?
Sorry you're sad. I'm not.
You’re right about the armor being too light green. But other than that, in my personal opinion, I love master chiefs new design. I can’t wait to play as him. He looks huge and bulky like an actual spartan should I think.
Loved the new armor look! Could do without the 117 on the breast plate, but if it stays then that's cool too.
I realy like the new artstyle, but i think the armor could use a bit more spacing between the plates to make moving easier. and the color could be a little more beige.
in my opinion a little more influence from the gen 2 undersuit (in black) would be nice to show the hybrid influence on the gen 3 armor, but this is not necessary.
NxtDutch wrote:
ZnaZanZ wrote:

He's not wearing the Mark IV. Whilst i do see some similarities i believe its hugely based off the Halo 2A anniversary model.

Seriously if you think this is the exact model as the fuf/thepackage mkiv you need to get your eyes checked. Im sorry but it erks me when people try to compare things that are very different.

What?
From everything we've seen so far, you guys cannot be satisfied even with the stylistic throwback and combinations of aesthetics (did I really just use that word?). The armor looks amazing, downright throwing the best of the classic looks from Halo Wars, Legends, and the most recent games together albeit in a slightly lighter, less worn shade of green which makes sense considering it was freshly given to him from what I've seen in the trailer and the time frame. The pilot even looked damn good, and the marine helmet in the background was a straight-up homage to Halo 2/3 buckets. The armor doesn't look plastic/rubbery, it is showcasing the engine for what it's worth, and it almost looks like it will tank more damage than the weird but not bad Halo 4/5 armor. If the gameplay coming next E3 (hopefully) shows anything, then maybe it'll actually give us some action, colors, and a way to properly judge the movement, physics, and even possibly a touch of the story. I'm excited, I wanted Halo 5 to live up to the whole traitorous--Yoink--gone-rogue story the marketing was giving us and not the... Flaccid show we actually had.
I'm personally not a fan of going back to the old styled armor and style of graphics from the Halo 3 days. I was really hoping for a more realistic-looking approach to the models and colors, but instead it's seemingly worse in my eyes as well. It won't stop me from buying or playing it, but I really hope feedback forces some changes on aesthetics because from what I'm reading, a lot of you in the community are displeased with the art style.
I'm personally not a fan of going back to the old styled armor and style of graphics from the Hall 3 days. I was really hoping for a more realistic-looking approach to the models and colors, but instead it's seemingly worse in my eyes as well. It won't stop me from buying or playing it, but I really hope feedback forces some changes on aesthetics because from what I'm reading, a lot of you in the community are displeased with the art style.
I am sorry you feel that way, but myself and many others have been beginning 343 to return to Halos classic artstyle since Halo 4, I don't get why so many are against this? Would you have stopped playing Halo after 3 if Bungie never left Halo and the artstyle never changed? Its just we finally have Master Chief, looking like Master Chief for the first time in 7 years, this is the direction I want 343 to continue down, I don't want them getting cold feet after Infinite and then bring back, Mech Suit Chief.
NxtDutch wrote:
NxtDutch wrote:
ZnaZanZ wrote:

What?
I think what he was trying to say is that it's not quite the OG Mark IV. It looks like if the Mark IV and H3's Mark VI had a baby.
And we see in his HUD boot-up that it's a brand new suit (Gen III), modified by Halsey. And she designed some of those old sets ... so there's a canonical explanation for why it looks so old school (much better than "nanobots"). I mean, you mentioned his armor when he was a teenager, who do think had it made for him? So if I was Halsey and had another chance to make armor for my #1 Spartan boi, you know I'd toss some "for old time sake" into it.
But for real, look at his helmet, that's Mark VI all day.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 8