Art style kills my hype for this game

OP The Kerminater

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8
This community I don't know it does something that just makes you grasp for whatever delusions you all have and make it seem like you're right but you're wrong Halo 5 was great not quite great but not quite bad either to hear this nonsense constantly constantly owe the armor was bad but the gameplay was bad like seriously I've seen many game in era for almost 35 years but community is by far so toxic.
It was also the least-sold main Halo game in the franchise. You need to face the fact that a majority of the fanbase were put off by the new direction and didn't like that 343i was essentially trying to jettison all that came before it. The reactions I've seen across the web (and anecdotal evidence from my friends during the reveal) show positive reception for a return to form.

People wanted Halo back. I love how you guys who defended Halo 4 and 5's changes to EVERYTHING say "the majority of the community doesn't care. 343i can do what they want," but now that they actually, y'know LISTEN TO THEIR FANBASE FINALLY, it's wrong?

Okay man.
You're making stuff up, link your source, who said Halo 5 is the least sold game in the francise? Who said those who were put off by Halo 4 armor are the majority? Who said the reactions you saw were the reactions of everyone on the web? Realize that right now, most of the fanbase is probably playing Halo 5. Look it up the MS Store, Halo 5 is way more popular and used than Halo MCC, so everything you said is actually wrong. I haven't read one legit good reason for 343i to use old art style and old graphics. I'm glad they at least made it look realistic. That said, all the fuss fans are making about the art style just shows you care more about graphics than gameplay. Ok, have the graphics you like, I don't care, but if the gameplay is neglected because of that, then you'd better go hide your face. You are actually ruining the game.
Enrico 117 wrote:
Ok, have the graphics you like, I don't care, but if the gameplay is neglected because of that, then you'd better go hide your face. You are actually ruining the game.
I'm going to take a wild guess and say that the art and level designers are not the people who determine gameplay.
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

It doesn't look stylistically retro, it looks like straight up bad graphics.

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

This looks like an outsourced indie or mobile game.
please explain to me how can you look at the trailer and say that it has bad graphics? you can say that you dont like it and want it changed but to say this is incredibly childish.
the graphics for infinite look AMAZING and im ecstatic that they finally chose to go with the true classic art style and while yes the lime green color is wrong in my opinion it doesn't make it bad just in need of a few tweaks.
as to you last question why dont you stop complaining and wait for an explanation.
How can anyone look at that with a straight face and tell me it looks good for Halo?

And that bright lime green armor? What happened to military olive drab? Also why does he look like he's wearing the Halo: Legends Mark 4 armor?

please explain to me how can you look at the trailer and say that it has bad graphics? you can say that you dont like it and want it changed but to say this is incredibly childish.
the graphics for infinite look AMAZING and im ecstatic that they finally chose to go with the true classic art style and while yes the lime green color is wrong in my opinion it doesn't make it bad just in need of a few tweaks.
as to you last question why dont you stop complaining and wait for an explanation.
My children don't like that art style. The first Halo game they played was Halo 5, so Halo 5 IS Halo in their eyes. I always said 343i would divide the community and it seems to have happened, to one degree or another. My children's class mates are of the same opinion. We had an open day last week where parents are invited to join class and participate, as usual the conversation turned to games, and almost every boy said they didn't like the look of Halo Infinite. I asked who would buy it or ask their parents to buy it based on what they saw at E3 ? Answer was one. The trailer has excellent graphics, but to those who joined Halo later it's not Halo. I can see why many question the look, and I see why people like it too.
una yp wrote:
It looks great, clean fresh , that what the bungie games looked like. bring it on

I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox
343 can do better, as they've proven twice.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.
I don't get your issue, they made him look like the Master Chief again, not a tank that talks.
Master Chief looks like whatever armor he's wearing looks like. He underwent a change from 1-2. Did you complain then?

You guys also drastically exaggerate how different his 4/5 armor looks from his 2/3. They did an impressive job of creating something modern and fresh while still resembling his iconic self AND looking cool on its own. But now we're throwing all that away because the hardcore traditionalists complained and got their way.
That's because we received actual upgraded armor from Halo CE to Halo 2 and beyond. Halo 2-3's armor has became iconic and for a long time was the face of both Master Chief and the Xbox. That design is more iconic then whatever the hell Halo 4 and 5 called the armor. Master Chief finally looks like Master Chief far the first time in 7 years. I am sorry if Halo 4 was your first Halo, but from someone who has been with Halo since the first game, that armor design is more Halo then the bulky, slow looking armor he wears in Halo 4-5. The Halo 4-5 armor looks like a mech suit that he controls rather than a actual suit of armor. Is the graphics perfect, no, thats because its a work in progress, but Master Chief finally look like what he was ALWAYS meant to look, I for the life of me can't figure out why they felt the need to change the armor after Halo 3, they should have just gave him a new suit of armor, atleast then it would not have ruined his iconic look.
He's had this armor for almost 7 years now. That's nearly as long as he had his 2/3 armor. It should be iconic and to be honest, it is. You see it at cosplay conventions all the time and the actual lore community embraces it.

I have been with Halo since the first too. I don't know why you think only a newcomer could enjoy the evolution of series' look. He doesn't need to look identical to his most popular suit of armor to be iconic. That's ridiculous.

And I'll say it again, Halo 4 armor was spiritually Mark 7 but without a convenient canon explanation to call it such. Going back to a retro style at this point feels jarring.
I love the 4/5 armor except for no black under suit. I don't like how they shoved it on us right as 4's campaign started if he started with 3's armor and then got upgraded to mk 7 when he got to the infinity I wouldn't care.
eviltedi wrote:

My children don't like that art style. The first Halo game they played was Halo 5, so Halo 5 IS Halo in their eyes. I always said 343i would divide the community and it seems to have happened, to one degree or another. My children's class mates are of the same opinion. We had an open day last week where parents are invited to join class and participate, as usual the conversation turned to games, and almost every boy said they didn't like the look of Halo Infinite. I asked who would buy it or ask their parents to buy it based on what they saw at E3 ? Answer was one. The trailer has excellent graphics, but to those who joined Halo later it's not Halo. I can see why many question the look, and I see why people like it too.
that is true 343i has divided the fandom and its a true shame and yes, people that joined the franchise later on will only know only that art style and they might like it but even if the new people like it it still isn't the iconic Halo art style that made the franchise and was with 80% of the games.
Seeing if people specially children are going to buy buy or not the game due to a trailer is really weak in my view,I dont know what age your children are but they're children nonetheless and if they're gamers and specially if they're fans of the franchise then I guarantee they will buy it either way just like the veterans of the franchise bought the games even though we hated the new artistic direction.
It doesn't matter what one persons perspective is on the Halo art style and if he likes the old or the new, the Halo art style i.e. the iconic design is the old design, its the design that made the franchise what it is today and stayed with it for decades, if you grab a gamer that has never played halo and you show him anything from the old design games and they will automatically say Halo but you do the same with the new designs and they might take a lot longer or not even guess right due to the drastic redesign and the inclusion of unHalo like elements like the Prometheans.
eviltedi wrote:

I dont know what age your children are but they're children nonetheless and if they're gamers and specially if they're fans of the franchise then I guarantee they will buy it either way just like the veterans of the franchise bought the games even though we hated the new artistic direction.
I agree and disagree. There will be Halo fans that buy Halo Infinite because it's Halo, both old and new. I have brought my children up to have a mind of their own and not to buy something they don't like simply because. My eldest son hates Halo 3, but he enjoyed the gameplay, art style and graphics of Halo 5. During our time at school I specifically asked them would the get Halo Infinite based on what they saw at E3, as stated only one said yes.

I was actually impressed with the maturity that was shown by the class. Most will wait until next E3 before making a more final decision, and I would urge more fans to do the same. I'm sure what we saw at E3 will appeal to older fans, but not this one, I'm not trusting anything we see at E3. Also, how many of the old fans still game ? I see so many men and women at school who used to play games and are now married with children of their own.

I still have a little faith in Bonnie Ross after the IGN interview, I'll see what happens.
Halo Infinite's armor is awesome, it would just need some recoloring but it is optional:

https://i.redd.it/mipsl97wug331.jpg
Enrico 117 wrote:
Stuchinoko wrote:
It really wasn't. The reason they're going back to the classic armor design is that the vast majority of the fanbase both casual and hardcore do not like the new Spartan designs among many other changes. It put me off when I saw the initial trailer for Halo 4 and I still don't like it. The dark green of the plating and blotches of black where the undersuit blend together makes for this muddy design that sinks into the sea of generic power armor designs that have sprung up over the past decade.

The new suit for Infinite on the other hand is great. Classic CE green, meaty metal, simple clean silhouette, all round good classic design and one that has stood the test of time.
The vast majority of Halo fans is not on this forum nor on YouTube, they're probably playing Halo 5 actually.
Last we saw, Halo 5 only sold about 5 million copies. Most of the Halo fanbase stopped playing Halo. The numbers don't lie.
Last we saw, Halo 5 only sold about 5 million copies.
It sold about 5 million copies within the first three months. We don't know how much it has sold since then.
tsassi wrote:
It sold about 5 million copies within the first three months. We don't know how much it has sold since then.
Then I am mistaken. Why do we not have any new sales numbers?
tsassi wrote:
Then I am mistaken. Why do we not have any new sales numbers?
We can only speculate. Maybe Halo's sales have stagnated, so announcing sales numbers doesn't serve purpose for the publisher anymore. It's probably worth noting that we don't really know the total sales for games since Reach either. Any numbers for games after Halo 3 you hear quoted probably come from VGChartz, which has been known to be unreliable, and with the increase in digital sales has become more or less useless. Halo 3 is the last game for which lifetime sales numbers come directly from Microsoft. Has Halo 5 sold more or less than Halo 4? Who knows.
X19Doug95 wrote:

I'm usually not this guy,but if you think you can do better then by all means make a halo game yourself.Outsourced indie or mobile game? Is cinematic the best thing ever when it comes to art style or graphics? Obviously not,but you're acting like the graphics are from the og xbox
I'm not normally this guy. but I'm pretty sure he isn't legally allowed to make a Halo game unless he worked at 343.
Technically as long as you don't reuse already made assets from Halo and build everything from Scratch as well as don't use Halo's name, you actually could make your own halo. Look at Installation 01, its a fan made halo and has the ok from 343 because they made everything from scratch, they did not take assets and reuse them.
<p></p>
Never heard od that I'll have to check it out. But now that you mentioned it what about this moble game I played called Spartan Run?
I don't care as long as Elites get rid of the peg feet.
What you have posted is a subjective statement that you are treating as an objective fact, that’s a logical fallacy. While you have the right to share and hold your own personal views, you have to acknowledge and respect the fact that there are other people with differing points of view.
You may not like the armor, but others do. Nobody is any better or worse for whatever side they take.

343 can do better, as they've proven twice.

This is a deliberate style choice, as they've said. They're trying to go retro and instead they've apparently created something neither retro nor new, just ugly.
343s version of doing better is making chief and spartan armor look more like it's from the power rangers.Is the armor maybe a little too green? Sure but this is a clear overreaction on your part
How did Chief look like a power ranger in 4/5? His armor was incredible looking.

Now, they gave that treatment to most of the multiplayer armors, sure, but Chief and Blue Team looked phenomenal.

This Infinite armor looks like a Halo Wars model zoomed in on.
Red teams armor in hw2 is fantastic.Chiefs halo 4 armor was awful compared to halo 2 and 3
Yes H4 Chief armour doesn't make sense. Shoehorning in nanobot technology to upgrade it was a silly idea. The reverting back to a classic look was the step in the right direction.
I dont necessarily mind nanobots,but that drastic of change wasnt necessary
I can't recall if that technology has been used anywhere else in the series? If it was for the one time only changing of chief's armour then they might as well use it in other situations, maybe not in game though. Just in the books.
been used with Naomi's mark VII, that's why it looks like mark V [B]
Personally I adore the look of Infinite thus far. It is so sharp and clean looking.
It’s all opinion, but majority of the Halo community including myself think the art style is amazing.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 6
  4. 7
  5. ...
  6. 8