Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Assassinations

OP SII Ashley 027

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
So I've been thinking about this for a while, what kinds of assassinations would you like to see in infinite? Here's my ideas:

"Dispatch"
Description: "Well, that's one way to assist in a kill."
Spartan A taps B on the shoulder, making him turn around. A then kicks B's kneecap, making him fall on his back. A then jumps on his head, crushing him.

"Super Hero"
Description: "It's a bird! It's a plane! It's Spartan Man!"
Spartan A hook punches B, making him turn sideways. A proceeds to punch B in the gut, then uppercuts him into the air, killing him.

"X'ed-Out"
Description: "Looters become looted, but Spartans don't!"
Spartan A grabs B's shoulder, turning him. A then cuts an X in B's chest, then sticks the knife in B's face. A then pushes B to the ground, as he was dead.

"Not Sorry"
Description: "Sorry about your uh... Everything!"
Spartan A punches the back of B's head, knocking B to the ground, B tries to crawl away in a last attempt to escape, holding up their hand, A pulls out a pistol, shooting B in the chest, then the head.

"Kebab" (Deadpool inspired sword assassination)
Description: "Spartan needs to express some rage."
Spartan A slits B's throat quickly, then pulls out their sword, slashing B's knees, making him fall to the ground. A then sticks the sword through the middle of B's chest, lifting him into the air. When A lowers B, they kick him off their sword.

"Wanna See Me Do It Again?"
Description: "I will if you want."
Spartan A shoots B in the back, punches them, shoots them again, and punches them again. A then turns B around and shoves his pistol against B's visor, shooting and killing them.

"And.. Cut!"
Description: "That's a wrap everyone."
Spartan A jump spin flips with knife in hand. Then cuts B's throat swiftly while in air. Spartan A bows as they land while B fails to his knees then flat on the ground.

"Flick of the Wrist"
Description: "Quick and clean."
Spartan A throws a punch at B, they dodge A's first punch and back away, so A throws their knife to secure the kill.

"Unfortunate"
Description: "It could've been worse, Spartan..."
Spartan A turns B around, choking him to death, then dropping him to his knees. A then kicks the back of B's head, making him fall flat and killing them.

"Stick it to the Man"
Description: "Let's show em!"
Spartan A stabs B in both shoulders, then quickly puts the knife away throws a plasma grenade at the back of B's head, then kicking B away.

"Takedown"
Description: "Taking executions to new heights... Literally!"
Spartan A shoves B into the ground on their stomach. A then boosts as high as they can into the air, then jets back down at full force, breaking B's entire body and killing them.

"The Arbiter"
Description: "Hold em high."
Spartan A grabs B by the shoulder and takes out their energy sword handle, pushing it up against your B's back and then turn it on. Watch the sword slice straight through B's torso. Turn it off and let B fall limp to the ground.

Let me know what you guys think!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
I like assassinations honestly, they do get boring, but that is why you can cycle through several of them.
PART 2:

"Drop it Low"
Description: "Pillage, then rot."
Spartan A stabs B's foot to pin them in place, allowing A to back up and finish B off with a Spartan Charge.

"Build it Up to Burn it Down" (LINKIN PARK inspired assassination)
Description: "Can't wait to burn it to the ground."
While Spartan A holds Plasma Pistol, they blast an overcharged shot at B point-blank, burning a large hole through their armor. A then finishes them off by stabbing B through said hole.

"Trick or Treat!" (Seasonal assassination for an oddball)
Description: "Have a highly dangerous Halloween!"
Spartan A slams a Jack-o-lantern on B's head that destroys the helmet. A then watches as B collapses to their knees.

"Heartbreaker"
Description: "Sorry Sweetheart."
Spartan A hits B across the face with a sniper and they fall over, then A stabs B with their sniper into B's heart.

"Sike!"
Description: "Jokes on you."
Spartan A aims at B with their rocket launcher. B covers their face, then A clubs B with it.

"Home Run, I Think..."
Description: "Knock em' out of the arena!"
Spartan A sweeps B's legs with the hammer, picks them up, throws them in the air, and hits them.

"What if You Miss?"
Description: "I won't."
Spartan A grabs B, shoves whatever gun they have into B's back and lets loose a hail of bullets.

"Just in Time for the Holidays!"
Description: "Merry Christmas ya filthy animal, *BANG* and a happy New Year."
Spartan A smashes a giant candy cane across the back of B's head, and the candy cane smashes into tiny bits.
They sound...Pretty gruesome...
They sound...Pretty gruesome...
Very..
Completely agree. I don't want to spoil it for those who like them, but personally, I'd rather animated assassinations be removed from Halo altogether. They only serve to slow gameplay.
Completely agree. I don't want to spoil it for those who like them, but personally, I'd rather animated assassinations be removed from Halo altogether. They only serve to slow gameplay.
That's just why there's a disable assassinations option. I love animated assassinations.
That's just why there's a disable assassinations option. I love animated assassinations.
They leave you vulnerable, but it also always a way to show off as well. Do you risk leaving yourself open to humiliate the person you've been stalking?
Pluto70 wrote:
They leave you vulnerable, but it also always a way to show off as well. Do you risk leaving yourself open to humiliate the person you've been stalking?
I do. I love to show my opponents that I mean truth.
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Pluto70 wrote:
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Oh my gosh I agree, and you know... To you other people, Some assassinations make others move around and I've dodged many shots through spin cycle. Assassinations are a fun addition to the game, and it allows you to see your Spartan doing something cool to another. Because other than that the only glimpses of your Spartan you get happen when your in a vehicle, or on the ground limp and dead, showing your defeat.
Pluto70 wrote:
Oh my gosh I agree, and you know... To you other people, Some assassinations make others move around and I've dodged many shots through spin cycle. Assassinations are a fun addition to the game, and it allows you to see your Spartan doing something cool to another. Because other than that the only glimpses of your Spartan you get happen when your in a vehicle, or on the ground limp and dead, showing your defeat.
As mentioned by someone else here, the key word is "cool". I agree. I like seeing them do something smooth assassin's creed type of assassination and not a over the top mortal kombat like fatality that the OP suggested (sorry OP).
Pluto70 wrote:
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I like “The Arbiter” and “Flick of the Wrist”
There needs to be an option for random assassination. So whatever ones you have unlocked, it just does one at random. So in theory, if you did three assassinations in one game, all of them could be different animations.

I'm mixed when it comes to assassination though. I like them, but they leave you so vulnerable it's not worth having them on. I wish there was some other incentive to do them other than the animation. Maybe if you do one on someone, it adds an extra 3 seconds to there respawn time or something. I don't know...
I have some ideas of my own.

What A Twist
Spartan A grabs Spartan B by the back of their shoulders and steps on B's heel making them fall to their knees. A then stabs B in the front of their neck, holds onto the knife, grabs B's head with their other hand and twists it, snapping B's neck and then pulls the knife out.

No Guts No Glory
Spartan A turns Spartan B around and quickly stabs B in the chest, heart and then in the stomach. A then drags the blade up from B's stomach back up to B's chest and then takes the knife out and B falls to the ground.

Sweet Dreams
Spartan B tries to punch Spartan A, but A dodges, retracts their combat knife and holds it between their fingers in a fist and punches B in the visor, impaling B with the knife. A then carries their fist down and slams B's head into the ground and pulls the knife out of B's visor.

Disarmed
Spartan A grabs Spartan B's arm and impales B's hand to the ground with B's combat knife. A then delivers an axe kick to B's head, killing them.

Roundhouse Reversal
Spartan B tries to lunge at Spartan A with their combat knife, but A punches B's arm, knocking the knife into the air and sending B backwards a bit. As the knife falls back down, B tries to attack A, but before they can reach A, Spartan A roundhouse kicks the knife and it flies right into B's head, impaling B, and B drops to the ground.

I think these are some cool ideas, but I'd rather leave it up to 343 to makes some cool animations. Hopefully assassinations return with the ability to disable them(for more competitive players). They've been a thing since Reach so I'm pretty sure that they will return. I love styling on people with them.
Pluto70 wrote:
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2