Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Assassinations

OP High Pressvre

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I like assassinations but as a gameplay mechanic the shorter the better. (This is why DoW never became a competitive game).
Now there are ways to integrate it as having the assassination animation times be less than 2 melee attack animations. The main problem with the H5 assassinations is that they were made to sell req packs much like the new MK Easy fatalities.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
That's still a form of invincibility. Sorry, but unless the person is dead, and was killed by you, you don't deserve the kill point. The person you are assassinating is able to be saved by you dying before you can complete the assassination, likewise they are kill-able by anybody until you complete the assassination. In other words, they are not dead until you complete the assassination. That should not change either. Bottom line, if you decide to use the assassination animation, you assume the risk that the kill (It's not yours until the assassination is complete) will be carried out by someone else.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
That's still a form of invincibility. Sorry, but unless the person is dead, and was killed by you, you don't deserve the kill point. The person you are assassinating is able to be saved by you dying before you can complete the assassination, likewise they are kill-able by anybody until you complete the assassination. In other words, they are not dead until you complete the assassination. That should not change either. Bottom line, if you decide to use the assassination animation, you assume the risk that the kill (It's not yours until the assassination is complete) will be carried out by someone else.
How is that invincibility? Both of you can still die by any cause? Invincibility is no one can take damage or die... you both can in this situation. It literally still happens the way it goes now (no one invincible) except the stats go to the assassination initiators.
It would be similar to downing someone in Apex, you downed them and they are out of the match you get the kill if someone else finishds them off. If you shoot someone downed, you only get an assist because they are already incapacitated on their knees.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
That's still a form of invincibility. Sorry, but unless the person is dead, and was killed by you, you don't deserve the kill point. The person you are assassinating is able to be saved by you dying before you can complete the assassination, likewise they are kill-able by anybody until you complete the assassination. In other words, they are not dead until you complete the assassination. That should not change either. Bottom line, if you decide to use the assassination animation, you assume the risk that the kill (It's not yours until the assassination is complete) will be carried out by someone else.
How is that invincibility? Both of you can still die by any cause? Invincibility is no one can take damage or die... you both can in this situation. It literally still happens the way it goes now (no one invincible) except the stats go to the assassination initiators.
It would be similar to downing someone in Apex, you downed them and they are out of the match you get the kill if someone else finishds them off. If you shoot someone downed, you only get an assist because they are already incapacitated on their knees.
lol, what? You literally said "Just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill." That is a form of invincibility as the person being killed is invincible to the secondary attacker (how else do you explain the loss of a kill point?), plus you are literally stealing a kill from the person who took the last HP point. The person performing the assassination animation should get the assist in the event that a team mate fires the shot that takes the remainder of the enemy's HP because at that point, all the assassinator did was assist the team mate in getting the kill by holding the enemy in one place. That's how assist work, if you don't take the last HP point, you don't get the kill.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
That's still a form of invincibility. Sorry, but unless the person is dead, and was killed by you, you don't deserve the kill point. The person you are assassinating is able to be saved by you dying before you can complete the assassination, likewise they are kill-able by anybody until you complete the assassination. In other words, they are not dead until you complete the assassination. That should not change either. Bottom line, if you decide to use the assassination animation, you assume the risk that the kill (It's not yours until the assassination is complete) will be carried out by someone else.
How is that invincibility? Both of you can still die by any cause? Invincibility is no one can take damage or die... you both can in this situation. It literally still happens the way it goes now (no one invincible) except the stats go to the assassination initiators.
It would be similar to downing someone in Apex, you downed them and they are out of the match you get the kill if someone else finishds them off. If you shoot someone downed, you only get an assist because they are already incapacitated on their knees.
lol, what? You literally said "Just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill." That is a form of invincibility as the person being killed is invincible to the secondary attacker (how else do you explain the loss of a kill point?), plus you are literally stealing a kill from the person who took the last HP point. The person performing the assassination animation should get the assist in the event that a team mate fires the shot that takes the remainder of the enemy's XP because at that point, all the assassinator did was assist the team mate in getting the kill by holding the enemy in one place. That's how assist work, if you don't take the last XP point, you don't get the kill.
It's simply a difference of opinion in logistics, not invincibility. No one is invincible. If I start the assassination, and no one interferes, I get a kill. So, in my opinion, if I start an assassination and you (my teammate) runs up and punches the person I am assassinating, then the animation would end sooner, I get the kill, you get the assist.

I believe it should go that way because of personal experience. A friend in my group sucks, whenever he sees a teammate assassinating someone, he runs up and always steals their kill. I feel you shouldn't get a kill point for stealing a teammates assassination. At best an assist. Simple stat change, all members of the party can die, no one invincible.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
That's still a form of invincibility. Sorry, but unless the person is dead, and was killed by you, you don't deserve the kill point. The person you are assassinating is able to be saved by you dying before you can complete the assassination, likewise they are kill-able by anybody until you complete the assassination. In other words, they are not dead until you complete the assassination. That should not change either. Bottom line, if you decide to use the assassination animation, you assume the risk that the kill (It's not yours until the assassination is complete) will be carried out by someone else.
How is that invincibility? Both of you can still die by any cause? Invincibility is no one can take damage or die... you both can in this situation. It literally still happens the way it goes now (no one invincible) except the stats go to the assassination initiators.
It would be similar to downing someone in Apex, you downed them and they are out of the match you get the kill if someone else finishds them off. If you shoot someone downed, you only get an assist because they are already incapacitated on their knees.
lol, what? You literally said "Just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill." That is a form of invincibility as the person being killed is invincible to the secondary attacker (how else do you explain the loss of a kill point?), plus you are literally stealing a kill from the person who took the last HP point. The person performing the assassination animation should get the assist in the event that a team mate fires the shot that takes the remainder of the enemy's XP because at that point, all the assassinator did was assist the team mate in getting the kill by holding the enemy in one place. That's how assist work, if you don't take the last XP point, you don't get the kill.
It's simply a difference of opinion in logistics, not invincibility. No one is invincible. If I start the assassination, and no one interferes, I get a kill. So, in my opinion, if I start an assassination and you (my teammate) runs up and punches the person I am assassinating, then the animation would end sooner, I get the kill, you get the assist.

I believe it should go that way because of personal experience. A friend in my group sucks, whenever he sees a teammate assassinating someone, he runs up and always steals their kill. I feel you shouldn't get a kill point for stealing a teammates assassination. At best an assist. Simple stat change, all members of the party can die, no one invincible.
Good for your friend, they should bring back the yoink medal. Bottom line, your experience is irrelevant. If you don't take the last HP from the apponant, you didn't get the kill, you get an assist. That is fair.
They sound...Pretty gruesome...
That’s the best part
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
That's still a form of invincibility. Sorry, but unless the person is dead, and was killed by you, you don't deserve the kill point. The person you are assassinating is able to be saved by you dying before you can complete the assassination, likewise they are kill-able by anybody until you complete the assassination. In other words, they are not dead until you complete the assassination. That should not change either. Bottom line, if you decide to use the assassination animation, you assume the risk that the kill (It's not yours until the assassination is complete) will be carried out by someone else.
How is that invincibility? Both of you can still die by any cause? Invincibility is no one can take damage or die... you both can in this situation. It literally still happens the way it goes now (no one invincible) except the stats go to the assassination initiators.
It would be similar to downing someone in Apex, you downed them and they are out of the match you get the kill if someone else finishds them off. If you shoot someone downed, you only get an assist because they are already incapacitated on their knees.
lol, what? You literally said "Just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill." That is a form of invincibility as the person being killed is invincible to the secondary attacker (how else do you explain the loss of a kill point?), plus you are literally stealing a kill from the person who took the last HP point. The person performing the assassination animation should get the assist in the event that a team mate fires the shot that takes the remainder of the enemy's XP because at that point, all the assassinator did was assist the team mate in getting the kill by holding the enemy in one place. That's how assist work, if you don't take the last XP point, you don't get the kill.
It's simply a difference of opinion in logistics, not invincibility. No one is invincible. If I start the assassination, and no one interferes, I get a kill. So, in my opinion, if I start an assassination and you (my teammate) runs up and punches the person I am assassinating, then the animation would end sooner, I get the kill, you get the assist.

I believe it should go that way because of personal experience. A friend in my group sucks, whenever he sees a teammate assassinating someone, he runs up and always steals their kill. I feel you shouldn't get a kill point for stealing a teammates assassination. At best an assist. Simple stat change, all members of the party can die, no one invincible.
Good for your friend, they should bring back the yoink medal. Bottom line, your experience is irrelevant. If you don't take the last HP from the apponant, you didn't get the kill, you get an assist. That is fair.
Alright, the debate went from debating metrics to rude. Agree to disagree.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
That is invincibility against all players except the one killing you. I'm not ok with invincibility in any form.
No, it can still act as it is now, just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill.
That's still a form of invincibility. Sorry, but unless the person is dead, and was killed by you, you don't deserve the kill point. The person you are assassinating is able to be saved by you dying before you can complete the assassination, likewise they are kill-able by anybody until you complete the assassination. In other words, they are not dead until you complete the assassination. That should not change either. Bottom line, if you decide to use the assassination animation, you assume the risk that the kill (It's not yours until the assassination is complete) will be carried out by someone else.
How is that invincibility? Both of you can still die by any cause? Invincibility is no one can take damage or die... you both can in this situation. It literally still happens the way it goes now (no one invincible) except the stats go to the assassination initiators.
It would be similar to downing someone in Apex, you downed them and they are out of the match you get the kill if someone else finishds them off. If you shoot someone downed, you only get an assist because they are already incapacitated on their knees.
lol, what? You literally said "Just a change in stats to ensure the assassination initiators get the kill point if that person dies. E.g. I start the assassination, you (my teammate) runs up midway through and punch the person I'm assassinating. You should get the assist and not the kill." That is a form of invincibility as the person being killed is invincible to the secondary attacker (how else do you explain the loss of a kill point?), plus you are literally stealing a kill from the person who took the last HP point. The person performing the assassination animation should get the assist in the event that a team mate fires the shot that takes the remainder of the enemy's XP because at that point, all the assassinator did was assist the team mate in getting the kill by holding the enemy in one place. That's how assist work, if you don't take the last XP point, you don't get the kill.
It's simply a difference of opinion in logistics, not invincibility. No one is invincible. If I start the assassination, and no one interferes, I get a kill. So, in my opinion, if I start an assassination and you (my teammate) runs up and punches the person I am assassinating, then the animation would end sooner, I get the kill, you get the assist.

I believe it should go that way because of personal experience. A friend in my group sucks, whenever he sees a teammate assassinating someone, he runs up and always steals their kill. I feel you shouldn't get a kill point for stealing a teammates assassination. At best an assist. Simple stat change, all members of the party can die, no one invincible.
Good for your friend, they should bring back the yoink medal. Bottom line, your experience is irrelevant. If you don't take the last HP from the apponant, you didn't get the kill, you get an assist. That is fair.
Alright, the debate went from debating metrics to rude. Agree to disagree.
Lol, rude? I applaud your friend for doing what he can to get a kill (the objective of many gametypes) and you say it's rude? Typical deflection, you don't have a rebuttle so you claim "rude" throw out the "agree to disagree" card. Sorry, but ypu dragged your feelings into a discussion about metrics and tried to derail it. Bottom line is the facts agree with me on this one.
Pluto70 wrote:
Pluto70 wrote:
Honestly, none of those seem to fit Halo, they are more suited for a ridiculous blockbuster action movie. At any rate, As long as 343 doesn't make anything contingent on using the assassination animations (unlike H5) and keeps the ability to toggle them off, they can stay. I'll just keep having fun stealing kills from team mates in the middle of assassinations. #Yoink
Ugh...that annoys me. If they keep them, they need to make kill stealing on them impossible.
Absolutely not. They shouldn't suspend normal gameplay just so you can "look cool", neither you nor your opponent should have invincibility during the assassination.
I did not say invincibility. I actually like that your teammates, if fast enough, can save you. However, if you initiate an assassination and your teammates shoot or punch who you are killing, the kill should go to whomever initially started the assassination and not the steal.
yoink! yeah it makes a killhogging sniper everyone's best friend for being such a team player.

To be honest I like the idea of some confrontation among players on the same team in the same way some mechanics in Halo allow for cooperation between opposing players (case and point, warthogs and boarding allowing another player to occupy the turret while one drives). Now if I remember correctly Reach did have an achievement for being the victim of a yoink, I am sure someone would correct me if I am wrong. So it isn't like you get nothing for it, you still get credit but the kill does go to the kill stealer. As far as other in game team behavior goes, that is one of the least aggravating IMHO.
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
They gave you more points and a sweet medal in Halo Reach/4
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
Completely agree. I don't want to spoil it for those who like them, but personally, I'd rather animated assassinations be removed from Halo altogether. They only serve to slow gameplay.
LMAO Your complaints do not make sense, if you do not want to kill a player with the animation, just do not press and hold the button... It's almost the same case with the execution of Gears of War, an animation to "humiliate" your opponent. You decide to do it, it isn't an obligation.
In competitive areas it is very stupid to kill with animation because they can be exposed to other enemies I agree with you guys, but removing Assassinations would not be correct on the part of 343
Rivah1611 wrote:
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
Completely agree. I don't want to spoil it for those who like them, but personally, I'd rather animated assassinations be removed from Halo altogether. They only serve to slow gameplay.
LMAO Your complaints do not make sense, if you do not want to kill a player with the animation, just do not press and hold the button... It's almost the same case with the execution of Gears of War, an animation to "humiliate" your opponent. You decide to do it, it isn't an obligation.
In competitive areas it is very stupid to kill with animation because they can be exposed to other enemies I agree with you guys, but removing Assassinations would not be correct on the part of 343
Pretty sure I'm not complaining champ, I turn them off, simple. Reach was the first intro to them as a game animation and H1-3 worked fine without them, as for humiliating your opponent when assassinated. Its never had that affect on me. maybe t-bagging should have an animation if that's your ultimate goal.
Rivah1611 wrote:
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
Completely agree. I don't want to spoil it for those who like them, but personally, I'd rather animated assassinations be removed from Halo altogether. They only serve to slow gameplay.
LMAO Your complaints do not make sense, if you do not want to kill a player with the animation, just do not press and hold the button... It's almost the same case with the execution of Gears of War, an animation to "humiliate" your opponent. You decide to do it, it isn't an obligation.
In competitive areas it is very stupid to kill with animation because they can be exposed to other enemies I agree with you guys, but removing Assassinations would not be correct on the part of 343
Pretty sure I'm not complaining champ, I turn them off, simple. Reach was the first intro to them as a game animation and H1-3 worked fine without them, as for humiliating your opponent when assassinated. Its never had that affect on me. maybe t-bagging should have an animation if that's your ultimate goal.
What I am saying is that it can be recognized as that. Yes, the Bungie trilogy worked because none of us had the idea that the Assassinations were a reality, or perhaps this means that it is bad to innovate and you want a game exactly like the previous one but with beautiful graphics?
Rivah1611 wrote:
Rivah1611 wrote:
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
I turn them off they are boring after a while and leave you vulnerable , frankly it's a gimmick infinite do do without imo
Completely agree. I don't want to spoil it for those who like them, but personally, I'd rather animated assassinations be removed from Halo altogether. They only serve to slow gameplay.
LMAO Your complaints do not make sense, if you do not want to kill a player with the animation, just do not press and hold the button... It's almost the same case with the execution of Gears of War, an animation to "humiliate" your opponent. You decide to do it, it isn't an obligation.
In competitive areas it is very stupid to kill with animation because they can be exposed to other enemies I agree with you guys, but removing Assassinations would not be correct on the part of 343
Pretty sure I'm not complaining champ, I turn them off, simple. Reach was the first intro to them as a game animation and H1-3 worked fine without them, as for humiliating your opponent when assassinated. Its never had that affect on me. maybe t-bagging should have an animation if that's your ultimate goal.
What I am saying is that it can be recognized as that. Yes, the Bungie trilogy worked because none of us had the idea that the Assassinations were a reality, or perhaps this means that it is bad to innovate and you want a game exactly like the previous one but with beautiful graphics?
What I'm saying is I think they are are boring and leave you exposed , now if they removed the ability for me to turn them off in my game menu then I'd be annoyed , at around 30 or so animations in H5 it seems more about filling req options than a cool gameplay animation I suppose that's innovation is in modern gaming ?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2