Atriox in Infinite?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Back in July, Nakai (Covie Canon) posted this, with him writing
Quote:
During my time at Outpost Discovery I had a chat with @franklez and he did confirm they’ll be a Covenant faction in Infinite, and I discussed my theory on its leader and he did confirm that Luro and Sali won’t be that leader. But he did say that the reveal will be a pleasant surprise. And while the Covenant lore won’t be as intense as H5, it’ll definitely be satisfying for a Covenant fan. So I’m definitely looking forward to see the Covenant in Infinite for sure!
This is an interesting little tidbit. The thing that makes me interested is him saying we'll be pleasantly surprised when we see who the leader is. I think the leader of this 'Covenant' faction will be Atriox. Now, yes, the Banished aren't a Covenant faction but something else entirely. And yes, that's true. However, I think Frankie was using the general umbrella term of 'Covenant', and also not wanting to give anything away. Also, people will argue that Atriox is busy warring with the Spirit of Fire on the Ark. True, however, we know thanks to the E3 2019 trailer/intro cutscene that the game takes place at least a few months after September 2561. So this could give plenty of time for that storyline to feed into the main plotline and bring those characters into the shooters. What'd you think, can you see Atriox possibly being the 'Covenant' leader, and would you like him to be in there?
No I don’t see that at all. The only thing the Banished share in common with the Covenant remnant is the technology and member species. Everything else is completely different, so there’s no way Frankie would throw the Banished under the Covenant umbrella. Atriox even heavily modified his vehicles from standard Covenant design. And remember, Atriox lost his ship in HW2, so unless he has another ship we don’t know about, he’s stranded on the Ark.

I honestly think the new leader might be a prophet.
StuftRock1 wrote:
No I don’t see that at all. The only thing the Banished share in common with the Covenant remnant is the technology and member species. Everything else is completely different, so there’s no way Frankie would throw the Banished under the Covenant umbrella. Atriox even heavily modified his vehicles from standard Covenant design. And remember, Atriox lost his ship in HW2, so unless he has another ship we don’t know about, he’s stranded on the Ark.

I honestly think the new leader might be a prophet.
Ohh lord, another Prophet? Please no! At least he shut down the Sali 'Nyon theory, phew
I'd love to see Atriox in Halo Infinite, partially just because I'm a huge Atriox fan, but also because I feel he could provide the potential narrative depth that 5 was so lacking in their main antagonist (Cortana).
I’d be extremely surprised if there wasn’t at least some mention of him at least in Infinite. I feel like it’s more than likely we will see the Banished in some form
I think it would make sense. They set up his faction in HW2 and I'm sure they weren't intending for that to be the only time we see them.
I’d be slightly disappointed if we never saw the Banished or at least Atriox in Infinite. He was a formidable enemy with real threatening power. He appeared more threatening than Jul M’Dama in my opinion. But this game takes place several years after the events of Halo Wars 2. So I’m hoping that story isn’t finished in a comic or novel. There’s a lot to consider.
MEDICVS wrote:
I’d be slightly disappointed if we never saw the Banished or at least Atriox in Infinite. He was a formidable enemy with real threatening power. He appeared more threatening than Jul M’Dama in my opinion. But this game takes place several years after the events of Halo Wars 2. So I’m hoping that story isn’t finished in a comic or novel. There’s a lot to consider.
I agree. All the different leaders in that faction were pretty cool. I’d love them to make more than just an appearance. Atriox, Pavium, Voridus, the Shipmaster. I think they could really do some cool stuff with them. Or at least flesh it out in another off shoot title like Reach was or something.
Yapyap the Destroyer will be the leader of new Covenant!
He will beat Cortana in a sec, she's no match for him XD
No,he will actually work for Cortana.
No,he will actually work for Cortana.
Noooo!!!!
The Covenant was destroyed in Halo 3,then again was destroyed in Halo 5.By the new events from books i heard Grunts have accepted Cortana's dictatorship,so they might be the main army of Cortana Covenant.Atriox is Banished,i also had a funny thought that Arbiter could be the leader of a "good"Covenant in Infinite,but he is Swords of Sanghelios.
The arbiter is aware that oni fed the storm faction weapons to keep a war going. I’d like to see a good plot line for retaliation.
If not, the ungoy have already accepted cortanas offer. Maybe grunt leadership. If not then I’d say the next logical step would be Atriox if they managed to get a new ship. Maybe they accepted cortanas offer too. But we gotta keep in thought that this is on Zeta halo. So it’s hard to pin down an alien leader because we don’t even know the location of the ring besides it’s by a big gas planet
The arbiter is aware that oni fed the storm faction weapons to keep a war going. I’d like to see a good plot line for retaliation.
If not, the ungoy have already accepted cortanas offer. Maybe grunt leadership. If not then I’d say the next logical step would be Atriox if they managed to get a new ship. Maybe they accepted cortanas offer too. But we gotta keep in thought that this is on Zeta halo. So it’s hard to pin down an alien leader because we don’t even know the location of the ring besides it’s by a big gas planet
Good point about Thel knowing what ONI did. Wonder if he's avoiding conflict with Humanity as to lose even more of his people.
Good point about Thel knowing what ONI did. Wonder if he's avoiding conflict with Humanity as to lose even more of his people.
What if that gas planet is the home world of where the grunts once lived. What if Cortana promises if the Grunts allign with her she will restore thier homeworld and best of all, revenge against all who seeked to every destroy them? And the first thing she does is kill Atroix to show them she’s on thier side.
That is very interesting info..
I'd personally love to see the Banished forces in a first person shooter like Infinite and see their differences to the Covenant we've all gotten to know. Looking at the Elites in 4/5 I think the Brutes suit 343's style much better and would be curious to see their further takes on the Brute race. I like that we got to see more of their style of technology in HW 2.
Hopefully we will get to see more of that for all the alien races in the near future. Even the Grunts got their own mech specific to them! Which I also hope to see in the Infinite campaign.
That is very interesting info..
I'd personally love to see the Banished forces in a first person shooter like Infinite and see their differences to the Covenant we've all gotten to know. Looking at the Elites in 4/5 I think the Brutes suit 343's style much better and would be curious to see their further takes on the Brute race. I like that we got to see more of their style of technology in HW 2.
Hopefully we will get to see more of that for all the alien races in the near future. Even the Grunts got their own mech specific to them! Which I also hope to see in the Infinite campaign.
Also, if the Banished do come into the main plot, then that means hopefully we'll see Chief (and I'm praying all of Blue Team) reunite with Red Team. Would love to see that reunion.
Yo Erk wrote:
What if that gas planet is the home world of where the grunts once lived. What if Cortana promises if the Grunts allign with her she will restore thier homeworld and best of all, revenge against all who seeked to every destroy them? And the first thing she does is kill Atroix to show them she’s on thier side.
The gas planet isn’t ballaho. And the grunts already sided with Cortana without batting an eye (it could also explain grunt goblins, Cortana have them better tech under her imperial peace) but it is interesting that you mention it. I didn’t even think of Cortana fixing ballaho or even maybe giving them another planet. That would be neat if she did.

Also @TRUe REDEMPTI0N Oni also poisoned a food source trying to starve the elites on sangheilios while they also are at war. I think thel wants to avoid conflict but humanity is really pushing it. I think that would’ve been a good plot line for chief to betray humanity and expose oni if 343i was still on the hunt the truth story. But that arc seemingly got pushed aside by halo 5s rewrite
I don't see the banished being involved in Infinite but I think it would be cool if they eventually made their way to the shooter games to replace the covenant faction since Jul M'dama is dead. Depending on how infinite plays out I can maybe see them coming in at the tail end of the game or at least set them up for the future games but I think they most likely will stay within the Halo Wars games for a good while IF they ever decide to bring them in.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2