Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Attention To Details

OP baconfamily

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
This is just a forum for people to discuss the tiny cool little details they think it would be cool if they were heeded in Halo Infinite.
Such as if Master Chief were up against a wall his reload animations were slightly different.
P.S. This was inspired by the idling animations from Halo 2 were if you wait the character fiddles with the weapon in hand.
Edit: clarification: ideas are meant to be for campaign although I am sure some would apply to multiplayer.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Something that never happened before, I would like to see the armors actually being affected by the environment, such as getting realistic mud, dust and scratches as you walk in a different scenario or being damaged by fire, wet by water and having water drops running down the armor.
How about the more damage you take, the more battle worn your armour appears throughout the campaign (plasma marks, scratches, cracked visor, etc).
Something that never happened before, I would like to see the armors actually being affected by the environment, such as getting realistic mud, dust and scratches as you walk in a different scenario or being damaged by fire, wet by water and having water drops running down the armor.
I love the sound of this idea it reminds me a lot of the look H2 Master Chief bore in 2004 on the title cover. These little things would be amazing.
Spoiler:
Show
Spoiler:
Show
Different HUDS for different armor. Also, bring back the little dialog window from Spartan Ops where you can see the person your talking too in it. I really liked that.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Different HUDS for different armor. Also, bring back the little dialog window from Spartan Ops where you can see the person your talking too in it. I really liked that.
Something that always stood out to me with H5 multiplayer customisation was you had all these little bits of flavour text assigned to the helmets, body armour, and visor colours that you could unlock - but they were ultimately meaningless outside of purely cosmetic appearance. For example:

• the Mad Dog visor: "overlays lack even the most rudimentary image sanitation functions so that Spartan operators see only the rawest, most unadulterated view of the battlefield." If you had this equipped, you'd be seeing a lot more gore around.
  • or the Tenebrae visor: "Tenebrae VISR systems are intended to be used in conjunction with imaging radar, ladar, and other systems that allow tactical operations to be conducted in the complete absence of visible light." Better night/low-light vision?
  • The Raijin helmet might actually weaken your abilities: "The neural interface controller in the RAIJIN helmet lacks the feedback filters and bandwidth caps required by UNSC MIL-STD specifications in order to maximize short-term combat performance."
  • The Dynast armour set: "a 'brawler' armor variant that excels in close-range firefights through a combination of resilience and improved situational awareness." Extra punchy power when you are up close and personal with an opponent?
That said, I can see how it would shift multiplayer to a more RPG-style levelling system though, and cause unfair advantage/skewing based on what unlocked items you have equipped vs another player.
Well in a way it could be done. I remember the armour cracking in Reach but I suspect visual armour changes would probably mostly work in customising characters...though wet armour could work based on weather but that would take a bit of work....though not sure about mud since it be a lot harder to create the material/texture for. Either way it probably depends on how resource heavy it is and well Scarlet might be powerful but I think Infinite may be held back on the features to make it work on previous gen X1's unless they have room for scaling materials based on resolution per platform then there's resource management for weapon/vehicle/body spawning/despawning.
Same, and in multiplayer when you get shot others can see the damage. So, you'll know who is going for a perfection.
I'd love to see bullet casing's and better bullet holes
ronnie42 wrote:
Well in a way it could be done. I remember the armour cracking in Reach but I suspect visual armour changes would probably mostly work in customising characters...though wet armour could work based on weather but that would take a bit of work....though not sure about mud since it be a lot harder to create the material/texture for. Either way it probably depends on how resource heavy it is and well Scarlet might be powerful but I think Infinite may be held back on the features to make it work on previous gen X1's unless they have room for scaling materials based on resolution per platform then there's resource management for weapon/vehicle/body spawning/despawning.
If Bungie did it well enough in Halo 3 and Reach then Infinite can make it a something we would have never even thought of on our X-mas list.
H3 had cinematic details that were cool like in Cortana opening cutscene. Now that I think about it. It would be cool if you could get blood on your armor. Struck by lightning. I mean let's face it chief is a walking lightning rod. Speaking of environmental hazards what if HUD or AI or something gave a heads up about sudden environmental changes ( cough flood spores spreading into the a area cough)

https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+flood+background&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSkwEJdxYvw6fqylUahwELEKjU2AQaAAwLELCMpwgaYgpgCAMSKMMLwAvGD6cV8xjBC5YZpBWhFccWjjjpKb8twC3wOdM-jTiTOOIp8TkaMN8g6xSH44reOHQXr64cr8BUyyzYT7PieF-m6757bsKuc0FINXWBTM3YSEWN4q8gayAEDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIEv8FoWAw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwju8YbIvuTjAhUBa60KHeECDeYQ2A4oAXoECAIQBA&biw=640&bih=280#imgrc=i4lYqjOrp6xGJM
ronnie42 wrote:
If Bungie did it well enough in Halo 3 and Reach then Infinite can make it a something we would have never even thought of on our X-mas list.
H3 had cinematic details that were cool like in Cortana opening cutscene. Now that I think about it. It would be cool if you could get blood on your armor. Struck by lightning. I mean let's face it chief is a walking lightning rod. Speaking of environmental hazards what if HUD or AI or something gave a heads up about sudden environmental changes ( cough flood spores spreading into the a area cough)

https://www.google.com/search?q=halo+flood+background&tbm=isch&tbs=simg:CAQSkwEJdxYvw6fqylUahwELEKjU2AQaAAwLELCMpwgaYgpgCAMSKMMLwAvGD6cV8xjBC5YZpBWhFccWjjjpKb8twC3wOdM-jTiTOOIp8TkaMN8g6xSH44reOHQXr64cr8BUyyzYT7PieF-m6757bsKuc0FINXWBTM3YSEWN4q8gayAEDAsQjq7-CBoKCggIARIEv8FoWAw&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwju8YbIvuTjAhUBa60KHeECDeYQ2A4oAXoECAIQBA&biw=640&bih=280#imgrc=i4lYqjOrp6xGJM
Sure but it's a bit more complicated. It takes a lot of work to figure out then there's the material creation progress with things like Substance Design/Painter. Plus people expect more detail in their materials these days so probably going to take a while to get the right look. It's probably something I should look into more since love making content.
Something that always stood out to me with H5 multiplayer customisation was you had all these little bits of flavour text assigned to the helmets, body armour, and visor colours that you could unlock - but they were ultimately meaningless outside of purely cosmetic appearance. For example:

• the Mad Dog visor: "overlays lack even the most rudimentary image sanitation functions so that Spartan operators see only the rawest, most unadulterated view of the battlefield." If you had this equipped, you'd be seeing a lot more gore around.
  • or the Tenebrae visor: "Tenebrae VISR systems are intended to be used in conjunction with imaging radar, ladar, and other systems that allow tactical operations to be conducted in the complete absence of visible light." Better night/low-light vision?
  • The Raijin helmet might actually weaken your abilities: "The neural interface controller in the RAIJIN helmet lacks the feedback filters and bandwidth caps required by UNSC MIL-STD specifications in order to maximize short-term combat performance."
  • The Dynast armour set: "a 'brawler' armor variant that excels in close-range firefights through a combination of resilience and improved situational awareness." Extra punchy power when you are up close and personal with an opponent?
That said, I can see how it would shift multiplayer to a more RPG-style levelling system though, and cause unfair advantage/skewing based on what unlocked items you have equipped vs another player.
They could leave it for campaign only, considering they said its going to be bigger.
Or maybe they'll have a Destiny-like open world hunt-and-kill kind of thing, like Spartan Ops but bigger
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
They could leave it for campaign only, considering they said its going to be bigger.
Or maybe they'll have a Destiny-like open world hunt-and-kill kind of thing, like Spartan Ops but bigger
That would be awesome for campaign. I would more weather just like CE
Sure but it's a bit more complicated. It takes a lot of work to figure out then there's the material creation progress with things like Substance Design/Painter. Plus people expect more detail in their materials these days so probably going to take a while to get the right look. It's probably something I should look into more since love making content.

I'm sure a lot of things in halo were hard to program and were complicated. A complicated thing becomes memorable. Like halo 2's dual wielding. Flood. Multiplayer game modes. And more. These things are in the game because either in theory or in reality they would happen.
Spoiler:
Show
In mp, if you got sniped in the face and died or even just a physical projectile or a grenade I'd like to see damage done to the body that's dead. Like a cracked visr or maybe plasma burn marks if it was an energy weapon. A rain/water effect would be nice too.

There should be a setting that allows armor damage while still alive tho too. But make it up to the game mode because it could pull power from the console when you need it to generate what's happening in game. So maybe just for some fun customs and not warzone. Purely cosmetic tho
Kind of like armour abilities in previous campaigns but with no cooldown, just an additional fixed boost to your base model?

I wouldn’t be against it in a separate co-op mode like Spartan Ops (a more open story-based Firefight?), but it might be a departure for most players maybe. I did like Mass Effect 3’s multiplayer and Destiny 1/2 though.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2