Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Azure Warthog Coating Questions

OP AddableBuckle71

I purchased a participating Kellogg’s product at my local Kroger store, but when I redeemed my codes at microsoft.com all that it showed I unlocked was 1 Month of Game Pass Ultimate. Does anyone know if the Azure Warthog Coating is unlocked with the same code as the Game Pass ones (and I will unlock it when I purchase the game at launch) or is there another way I’m supposed to unlock the coatings?
I purchased a participating Kellogg’s product at my local Kroger store, but when I redeemed my codes at microsoft.com all that it showed I unlocked was 1 Month of Game Pass Ultimate. Does anyone know if the Azure Warthog Coating is unlocked with the same code as the Game Pass ones (and I will unlock it when I purchase the game at launch) or is there another way I’m supposed to unlock the coatings?
i haven't heard of this yet, but you might need to buy 2 of them, like with the butterfingers, Oreos, etc...
You should have two emails with two different codes: one for the 14-day Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and another for the Azure skin. That was how it worked for me, at least!
lamnid wrote:
You should have two emails with two different codes: one for the 14-day Game Pass Ultimate subscription, and another for the Azure skin. That was how it worked for me, at least!
Did it say you that you unlocked the coating specifically or just 14 days of Game Pass Ultimate?
lamnid wrote:
lamnid - Check your messages.
lamnid wrote:
lamnid - Check your messages.
I did and all that I got was a code for Game Pass Ultimate.
That’s really strange. I’ve gotten receipts for 5 people and none of them have run into that issue. When did you receive the email?
mattrl117 wrote:
That’s really strange. I’ve gotten receipts for 5 people and none of them have run into that issue. When did you receive the email?
I only received one 14-days gamepass ultimate and i submitted two receipts, the second email didn't give me a code for Game pass ultimate or the Azure Coating.
Its one thing to have codes linked to purchases, but I really don't like the way a lot of these are effectively region locked.
Hey you said you tried to redeem both codes on microsoft.com? If that's the case, then that makes sense as to why only the gamepass one was able to be redeemed. You have to redeem the Azure Vehicle code on waypoint. Not sure if its going to work on the regular Microsoft code redemption site.
SDdawg wrote:
Hey you said you tried to redeem both codes on microsoft.com? If that's the case, then that makes sense as to why only the gamepass one was able to be redeemed. You have to redeem the Azure Vehicle code on waypoint. Not sure if its going to work on the regular Microsoft code redemption site.
I'm afraid that the Microsoft Store codes have 25 digits spaced out into 5 digits separated by a dash and the Waypoint codes have 4 digit spaces. I got a code for the 5 space one. The codes might just unlock themselves when I buy the game in 2021? Maybe with the Game Pass came with the Azure Coating, but just hasn't been downloaded yet?
Accio Beer wrote:
Its one thing to have codes linked to purchases, but I really don't like the way a lot of these are effectively region locked.
Yes, it's rather unfortunate. I know the two armour coatings (Monarch and Granular) will only remain exclusive for 3 months after the game launches, but what about this vehicle coating? Or the Mega Construx ones? I hope I don't sound entitled or anything, that isn't my intention. It just feels like the rest of their fan base is not as important to them...

And I don't trust unlocks that can be earned through gameplay in games that feature micro-transactions. I believe most games that had this system made the in-game unlocks purposefully difficult or extremely time consuming to acquire, in order to make players feel that it would be better to just buy it.
SDdawg wrote:
I'm afraid that the Microsoft Store codes have 25 digits spaced out into 5 digits separated by a dash and the Waypoint codes have 4 digit spaces. I got a code for the 5 space one. The codes might just unlock themselves when I buy the game in 2021? Maybe with the Game Pass came with the Azure Coating, but just hasn't been downloaded yet?
I'm not sure I follow you 100%. Both codes are technically split up in 5 spaces, however each one has different amount of characters. How many characters is your code? If it's 25 (5 per space), then yes you got a weird Microsoft code, but if it's 20 (4 per space) you may have the right code.

Edit: I see from your original post that the problem is you only got 1 code? Correct? Because when I redeemed it I got 2 emails with codes
I saw a Azure Warthog skin on eBay. Even after the event ends, you can still buy it from places like there.
SDdawg wrote:
SDdawg wrote:
I'm not sure I follow you 100%. Both codes are technically split up in 5 spaces, however each one has different amount of characters. How many characters is your code? If it's 25 (5 per space), then yes you got a weird Microsoft code, but if it's 20 (4 per space) you may have the right code.

Edit: I see from your original post that the problem is you only got 1 code? Correct? Because when I redeemed it I got 2 emails with codes
Sorry about the confusion, I got 2 microsoft.com codes (25 digits: 5 per space) since I bought 2 participating products. They were both sent in the same email and when I redeemed them at redeem.microsoft.com it said I got 2 14 month codes for Game Pass Ultimate. The funny thing is that the email said I only got 1 14 day code for Game Pass Ultimate. I didn't get any separate emails with a Halowaypoint code for the coating. What I'm thinking is that Azure was the second code in the email, and it just said 14 days of Game Pass on Microsoft.
Sorry about the confusion, I got 2 microsoft.com codes (25 digits: 5 per space) since I bought 2 participating products. They were both sent in the same email and when I redeemed them at redeem.microsoft.com it said I got 2 14 month codes for Game Pass Ultimate. The funny thing is that the email said I only got 1 14 day code for Game Pass Ultimate. I didn't get any separate emails with a Halowaypoint code for the coating. What I'm thinking is that Azure was the second code in the email, and it just said 14 days of Game Pass on Microsoft.
Unfortunately, this is likely an issue on Kellogg’s side. The Azure coating comes with its own code. I really hope you’re able to get this sorted out.
mattrl117 wrote:
Unfortunately, this is likely an issue on Kellogg’s side. The Azure coating comes with its own code. I really hope you’re able to get this sorted out.
Thanks, I hope I can figure out how to get it too.