Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Background Music in Forge

OP Trusssson

I was just falling asleep to some slow meditation music and it's got this cool slow spacey vibe to it.

Instead of sleeping.. it got me thinkin though, although I haven't played Halo in while, there's no background music when you are on forge is there?

I was thinking about how calm I used to be back in the day playing Minecraft because of the music on it. I just think it's a simple add but eyy, also if it was implemented you obviously would have the option to turn it off if you wish.

So yeah, just wondering what other people's thoughts are on this? How much would you care bout this? and if you agree, what type of music you would like available? Thanks!
I wouldn't mind at all, now that I think about it. We have good ambient tracks already in Halo, so why not?
Trusssson wrote:
I was just falling asleep to some slow meditation music and it's got this cool slow spacey vibe to it.

Instead of sleeping.. it got me thinkin though, although I haven't played Halo in while, there's no background music when you are on forge is there?

I was thinking about how calm I used to be back in the day playing Minecraft because of the music on it. I just think it's a simple add but eyy, also if it was implemented you obviously would have the option to turn it off if you wish.

So yeah, just wondering what other people's thoughts are on this? How much would you care bout this? and if you agree, what type of music you would like available? Thanks!
Great idea
Personally I prefer the ambience of the map that I'm working on. No music also allows me to add audio queues when objects are interacted with, or music nodes to certain locations with less distractions/ overlapping sounds. It'll also give you a better idea of what people will actually be hearing when they eventually play your map. Granted I think I'm in a minority when it comes to actually using sound nodes.

It might be a nice toggle feature though. There's some music that the audio nodes can emit that's pretty good. When I'm not putting sound nodes in that might be a fun little feature. But if I could only pick one or the other I'd take the default map ambience.

While I doubt they'd add this track if this feature became a thing, I think "Machines and Might" from Halo Legends would be awesome even if it was just for a music node.
Personally I prefer the ambience of the map that I'm working on. No music also allows me to add audio queues when objects are interacted with, or music nodes to certain locations with less distractions/ overlapping sounds. It'll also give you a better idea of what people will actually be hearing when they eventually play your map. Granted I think I'm in a minority when it comes to actually using sound nodes.

It might be a nice toggle feature though. There's some music that the audio nodes can emit that's pretty good. When I'm not putting sound nodes in that might be a fun little feature. But if I could only pick one or the other I'd take the default map ambience.

While I doubt they'd add this track if this feature became a thing, I think "Machines and Might" from Halo Legends would be awesome even if it was just for a music node.
I agree with this as well actually, it’s nice to hear the ambience of the map you’re creating. Forge world’s waterfall for example. A toggle would be the way to do it, or a radio option similar to Cities Skylines but jamming with Halo beats.
There's always spotify. Can listen to halo OSTs on it.
Trusssson wrote:

This but the music is HALO ODST - Rain on repeat, lol
This is a cool idea, but Forge is one of those game modes where I like to put my own playlist on in the background and get lost in it. Even if it included cool music, I'd still mute it and put my own stuff on.

Yeah a I feel what you are saying I do love the ambient sound of the map like the waterfalls etc and I do agree with you it does help with getting a feel for how people will actually experience it.

Hahaha and Machines and Might make me wanna go into war not build! Hahaha love it tho! Great points but I do feel a option to turn it on and off would help to remedy this.
FTC Anvil wrote:
There's always spotify. Can listen to halo OSTs on it.
There is always that hahaha

I agree with this as well actually, it’s nice to hear the ambience of the map you’re creating. Forge world’s waterfall for example. A toggle would be the way to do it, or a radio option similar to Cities Skylines but jamming with Halo beats.
Yeah I agree with you a toggle I believe would be necessary based on the replies. But heyy if we get a toggle, everyone wins! Hahaha
Trusssson wrote:

Yeah I agree with you a toggle I believe would be necessary based on the replies. But heyy if we get a toggle, everyone wins! Hahaha
Got to love a toggle