Battle Pass Clarification

OP

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Quote:
Quote:
Looking at the few details we have on the battle passes, I find myself really curious about the differences between the free and paid battle passes. Can anyone confirm if every single cosmetic that comes out in the battle passes will be unlockable through gameplay? Or will you have to purchase the battlepasses in order to get the new cosmetics? I assumed that spending money would just unlock the next levels for you without doing any work, but I realize now that you may need to pay just to get those cosmetics in the first place?

Also, is there any confirmation of what the schedule is like for the seasons, and the name/basic details of the first few seasons? Will there be more base armors unlcoked when the game comes out, or will it just come out with season 1 (the noble team one.) Will the Season 0 unlocks people earned in the beta be counted once we get the full game?
They announced that all of the "paid portion" of the battle pass will be the "free portion" of the following pass, that way everyone can unlock everything, even without buying the pass.

There's your short, factual answer.
That wouldn't make sense with their system that makes every battlepass permanent and allowing you to purchase old battlepasses and progress those.
Quote:
Quote:
I think we should look at the bigger picture here. 343 lied and customization is essentially paywalled in the BP. I suppose I don't really care but I don't want to have to care about progression like I don't in MCC. With Infinite I'll have to if I want to personalize my SPARTAN. Whatever I guess it was about time I stopped paying for Game Pass anyways playing online multiplayer without teammates on mic is boring anyways.
Stop trying to be the morality police lmao

No one cares if "343 lied". The multiplayer is free. If you cannot afford to spend 15$ on a 120-tier battle pass, then just don't spend it. This will not affect your in-game performance at all.

Also, all of the "paid" parts of the battle pass will be given as the "free" parts of the following battle pass.

Spend less time worrying about "lies" and more time looking at the "bigger picture" as you like to say. I can tell by the name "HeilSatin420" that you utilize critical thinking, so perhaps this would be a good occasion to implement some of it.

As for the last sentence: "Whatever I guess it was about time I stopped paying for Game Pass anyways playing online multiplayer without teammates on mic is boring anyways." ...Cya
Not on any moral high ground here. Just trying to get a rise and I got one. It was fun to read you descend into madness and criticize a gamertag I came up with over a decade ago.
I know they mentioned armor unlocks through the campaign. BUT that still means you have to buy the campaign, unless it's on gamepass. So in some form you will have to buy armor. Because as far as I can tell there is maybe 3-5 armor pieces free for each season. Not even enough to make a full set. Then possibly some through achievements. Wether those achievements will be available for free MP is still up for debate. So no just going full free when's you get basically nothing. It's model is very much like Apex.

Though one upside is that some of the free slots gives you credits. Doing the math, even if each free slot only gave you ten credits, you should be able to buy the battle pass using those freely earned credits. It just means you have to level up the pass.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Looking at the few details we have on the battle passes, I find myself really curious about the differences between the free and paid battle passes. Can anyone confirm if every single cosmetic that comes out in the battle passes will be unlockable through gameplay? Or will you have to purchase the battlepasses in order to get the new cosmetics? I assumed that spending money would just unlock the next levels for you without doing any work, but I realize now that you may need to pay just to get those cosmetics in the first place?

Also, is there any confirmation of what the schedule is like for the seasons, and the name/basic details of the first few seasons? Will there be more base armors unlcoked when the game comes out, or will it just come out with season 1 (the noble team one.) Will the Season 0 unlocks people earned in the beta be counted once we get the full game?
They announced that all of the "paid portion" of the battle pass will be the "free portion" of the following pass, that way everyone can unlock everything, even without buying the pass.

Thanks for the response! Do you happen to remember where they said that? It would be great news. Would suck for all the customization to be hidden behind a paywall.
I honestly cannot remember the exact time and place they said this, but it was in the middle of one of their livestreams/videos
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I think we should look at the bigger picture here. 343 lied and customization is essentially paywalled in the BP. I suppose I don't really care but I don't want to have to care about progression like I don't in MCC. With Infinite I'll have to if I want to personalize my SPARTAN. Whatever I guess it was about time I stopped paying for Game Pass anyways playing online multiplayer without teammates on mic is boring anyways.
Stop trying to be the morality police lmao

No one cares if "343 lied". The multiplayer is free. If you cannot afford to spend 15$ on a 120-tier battle pass, then just don't spend it. This will not affect your in-game performance at all.

Also, all of the "paid" parts of the battle pass will be given as the "free" parts of the following battle pass.

Spend less time worrying about "lies" and more time looking at the "bigger picture" as you like to say. I can tell by the name "HeilSatin420" that you utilize critical thinking, so perhaps this would be a good occasion to implement some of it.

As for the last sentence: "Whatever I guess it was about time I stopped paying for Game Pass anyways playing online multiplayer without teammates on mic is boring anyways." ...Cya
Not on any moral high ground here. Just trying to get a rise and I got one. It was fun to read you descend into madness and criticize a gamertag I came up with over a decade ago.
If you need lessons on trolling, feel free to DM me
Quote:
The seasons are quarterly and the first one is free.

Multiplayer Reveal:
Quote:
EXPRESS YOURSELF
A key component of the new Halo Infinite multiplayer experience is your personal Spartan that's meant to grow and evolve month after month, season after season. Players will have more options than ever before to customize your Spartan and make it uniquely yours. Each season will feature a new assortment of customization pieces and components that can be earned via gameplay, challenges, events, and purchase. We've said this before, but it bears saying again - there will be no loot boxes or elements of chance if you decide to purchase an optional customization item. And, of course, all of Halo Infinite's Spartan customization elements are purely cosmetic and have no impact on gameplay.
Tech Preview Overview:
Quote:
BATTLE PASS AND MENU UI
In the upcoming tech preview, we’re going to be granting Halo Insiders a set amount of in-game credits (cR) so that they can dig in with a very trimmed-down version of our first Battle Pass. (Worry not, we’re saving plenty of content for launch.) As a reminder, none of the items unlocked over the course of tech previews will carry over to the game’s release later this year. Everything should be considered work-in-progress and not indicative of the final shipping systems including the cost of customization pieces in the store, the order in which they’re unlocked in the Pass, the XP granted by challenges, and more.
No where in these blocks of text does it say the first season is free.
Quote:
Quote:
The seasons are quarterly and the first one is free.

Multiplayer Reveal:
Quote:
EXPRESS YOURSELF
A key component of the new Halo Infinite multiplayer experience is your personal Spartan that's meant to grow and evolve month after month, season after season. Players will have more options than ever before to customize your Spartan and make it uniquely yours. Each season will feature a new assortment of customization pieces and components that can be earned via gameplay, challenges, events, and purchase. We've said this before, but it bears saying again - there will be no loot boxes or elements of chance if you decide to purchase an optional customization item. And, of course, all of Halo Infinite's Spartan customization elements are purely cosmetic and have no impact on gameplay.
Tech Preview Overview:
Quote:
BATTLE PASS AND MENU UI
In the upcoming tech preview, we’re going to be granting Halo Insiders a set amount of in-game credits (cR) so that they can dig in with a very trimmed-down version of our first Battle Pass. (Worry not, we’re saving plenty of content for launch.) As a reminder, none of the items unlocked over the course of tech previews will carry over to the game’s release later this year. Everything should be considered work-in-progress and not indicative of the final shipping systems including the cost of customization pieces in the store, the order in which they’re unlocked in the Pass, the XP granted by challenges, and more.
No where in these blocks of text does it say the first season is free.
That was just additional stuff, didn't mean to make it look connected. I read it somewhere and later heard it on a livestream or video. Others have said the same thing.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the response! Do you happen to remember where they said that? It would be great news. Would suck for all the customization to be hidden behind a paywall.
I honestly cannot remember the exact time and place they said this, but it was in the middle of one of their livestreams/videos
This was definitely never said. It wouldn't even make any sense since the battle passes don't expire.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2