Forums / Games / Halo Infinite

Battle passes

OP Chinatown Ben

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Not really, the MP is F2P and they gotta make money somehow.

I'm just glad that they aren't lootboxes and are permanently unlocked so you don't have to worry about missing out on stuff.
They made money selling us a full game for $60.

Now they can charge $60 for the campaign, and say the multiplayer is free, but charge you for wanting the unlocks.

This is equivelent to paying for parking, and then your ticket, and then just waiting in lines at a theme park without riding any rides.

This aritifical scarcity of content behind paywalls is disgusting, The excuse of "oh but you can earn stuff by playing too" hold NO MERIT because they aren't confirming to us that ALL content can be earned through play.
They really are no trying to sell the game . $60 is the old model .
the current model and much more profitable version is game pass subs and the MP on the ftp Battlepass system .want to see how it works look at how the destiny 2 model is set upas a very good example .

People buying the game outright will be a very small pool indeed . Especially in light of in terms of service is you don't actually own the game only thing you purchase is the right to play it .
I'd really rather just have the multiplayer come with the game like it always has. I have no issue buying the whole game in one purchase but of course MS won't suck as much money out of people that way.
I'd really rather just have the multiplayer come with the game like it always has. I have no issue buying the whole game in one purchase but of course MS won't suck as much money out of people that way.
I dont Think you understand... Battlepass System would still be there like in cod. Or do you expect to buy a game and get Updates and Support for it for years for... Well basicly Free because the 60€ is for what was created for the Release Not what comes after.

Thats how it is with online games... All online games for 20 years. Beside community created games like cs1. 6 which Had Free maps by modders.
I'm pretty sure it will be similar to a lot of modern games where there's a free part of the battle pass but also the "premium" part, where you spend money to be able to get more unlocks.

I don't mind it. I actually prefer the battle pass system over loot boxes anyday and I enjoy halo. If its anything like COD or how Fortnite does it then I definitely will spend $10 or whatever so I can obtain the full unlocks from a battle pass.
Nope. Everything is unlockable in-game you don't need to pay just complete the associated challenges for the things you want.
Sekij wrote:
I dont Think you understand... Battlepass System would still be there like in cod. Or do you expect to buy a game and get Updates and Support for it for years for... Well basicly Free because the 60€ is for what was created for the Release Not what comes after.

Thats how it is with online games... All online games for 20 years. Beside community created games like cs1. 6 which Had Free maps by modders.
I expect to not have half of the game taken and then charge full price anyway. And no that hasn't been a thing for the past tow decades.
Sekij wrote:

I expect to not have half of the game taken and then charge full price anyway. And no that hasn't been a thing for the past tow decades.
OK i will remind you then. Halo 1 Post Release, no online... No dlc. Halo 2 Had online got some limited Support and one big exoension for mp. Halo 3 Lot of Support for online and thus a -Yoink- ton of dlc maps... And thats how it continues, so Yes it is like that for the past 20 years for games with online Support.

Also if you dont want to play the Champagne then dont buy it... I always bought halo mainly for Champagne and mp beeing an small Bonus. I also didnt expect other shooter to be cheaper that dont have mp at all.
Can anyone here explain how they work exactly?

You buy a pass, what do you get? How many battle passes can there be?
Probably similar to other games battle passes. You buy the pass, you do the challenges for certain gear in the pass and then you unlock the gear. There will probably be ALOT of battle passes taking in consideration this is suppose to be a 10 year game :P
eviltedi wrote:
Not really, the MP is F2P and they gotta make money somehow.

I'm just glad that they aren't lootboxes and are permanently unlocked so you don't have to worry about missing out on stuff.
Yes. I'm the biggest, or one of the biggest anti micro transaction players on these forums. I rarely pay more than the price of the game and I've been very vocal about what 343i seem to be doing. But, after watching the multiplayer overview I'm a little less cynical. Your season pass won't disappear and you choose what to work towards. Not bad imo. Also anything earned cannot simply be bought.

That's music to my ears. It adds value to my time invested. Equally, I don't miss out as the season pass is permanent.
I've literally never bought one battle pass in my whole life but I have to agree with you. The Halo Infinite Battle Pass system sounds so user-friendly and actually worth the investment. Could not be happier with it so far :)
Sekij wrote:

You making just a big mistake though, seeing SP and MP as two parts of the same experience, which they aren't -
well, at least not anymore. The SP stands for itself, the MP stands for itself.
You have to start to differentiate between them.
They're complete on their own and simply two different products, basically, and get treated as such.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3